Prediction New coach candidates

Remove this Banner Ad

Tapping as in VFL coach tapping? Where was he before the pies? We need someone outside our system.
As far as I'm aware he hasn't been involved with another club. Sometimes a different voice is enough and outside perspectives can be brought in through assistant coaches. A like what Tapping brings to the vfl side, he seems a claim motivating type.

At least it gets teams to finals.
iMac all he has done is take over gun lists and reduce them to also rans
You can't be serious
Free must be horrified they have given him a 5 year contract given zero track record building a list
I mac is a computer I think
Apologies JMAc

iMac all he has done is take over gun lists and reduce them to also rans
You can't be serious
Free must be horrified they have given him a 5 year contract given zero track record building a list
I mac is a computer I think
Apologies JMAc

The rebuild is all but done at the pies. I reckon we would be contenders under Lyon.

Only if he is over his little problem

i like a coach with problems.... the trouble with bucks is that he's too perfect

actually i'd be happy with dew and ratten too. Rats would open up a lot of opportunities for posting early on. I see a slightly longer honeymoon period for Dew.

It would be very interesting to see what a Dew or Ratten could do with our list

Is it really good enough or has our recruiting and trading been below par ?

Would be hilarious if we still played shit with a new coach.
If he was given the green light to dismantle the current list and build his own and we'd be producing this shit into the fifth year of his tenure?

It'd be almost as sad as what happened under Buckley, almost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of Dew and possibly Ratten, some others to consider:
  • Cameron Bruce @ Hawthorn - has been a development coach and an assistant since 2013
  • Blake Caracalla or Nigel Lappin or Simon Lloyd @ Cats - Carrot Seller and Mr Reliable have both enjoyed success as players and at Geelong as coaches. Simon L has had stints at the Pies and most recently at Freo + got shortlisted(IIRC) at Carscum to replace MM
We could do with less nepotisim and a far more broader thinking and experience

Let's get serious now. We need to freshen the club up.
Stewy Dew. Unsure.
Al Clarkson. Yes if we could get him.
Ross Lyon. Would be huge.
Bomber Thompson. He's been there but whether his heart is still in would be a huge question.

Feel free to bring up who you think can lead us to premiership glory.
gough whitlam
in this election year, it's time for a change

I'm seeing Stewy Dew's name pop up a bit. How would the players go with a new capproach, new gameplan, same Leading Teams?
Lose the first few games and this board goes into meltdown about how Leading Teams has ****ed everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction New coach candidates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back