NEW COACH= New Game Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

One word to sum up this entire thread

Embarrasing

Geez guys, everyone has their own opinions and yours isnt necessarily above/better than anyone else's. If you think you can do a better job than Eade and the MC, I encourage you to ring the head office and put your resume in but for christs sake, lets get a bit of unity here.

We all follow the same team and baying for blood after 1 round is disgraceful.

One word to sum up this entire thread

Embarrasing

Geez guys, everyone has their own opinions and yours isnt necessarily above/better than anyone else's. If you think you can do a better job than Eade and the MC, I encourage you to ring the head office and put your resume in but for christs sake, lets get a bit of unity here.

We all follow the same team and baying for blood after 1 round is disgraceful.

Hi Jeemak,

I have work today, I will give you my opinion on how we should play/game plan in the near future.

Cheers

Put your resume in Snagboy:thumbsdown:

One would suspect that a resume consisting of:

"I saw the game last week, want the current coach sacked, and completely misread the last two paragraphs of Walrus' reply on BigFooty" is more likely to make the shortlist for umpire's director...

Calling for the coaches head right now is as laughable as the stance of those who blindly defend and will tolerate no criticism of the coach.

Eade should feel very sick in the guts after Sunday's performance. Eade is responsible for the team's performance. We need to improve to the point where we consistently beat the top teams and win the big pressure games. Eade has six months to get it right. But FFS stop this drivell about replacing the coach after round 1.

I watched Richmond dish it up to the Saints tonight. There's another team that has lots of pace, fast ball movement, skilful outside runners and lots of pressure on the ball carrier. Everyone wants to be the new Collingwood.

I think the Tigers could trouble us as well with that style of game.

Snagboy, game on Sunday, where's your suggested game plan? :eek:

Hi Jeemak,

We could play any style & beat Brisbane, with their injuries.

Very briefly,

1) At least equal numbers on and around the (contested) ball around the ground;
**2) When we kicking the ball out from a behind, or at a contest in our defence ( more numbers than the opposition) - midfielders must come
down deep in defence to provide more options & pace
- This allows us to be able to:-
i) have more options to dispose of the ball either forward or behind
ii)run - in support, helps create space to spread, & create a loose man.
iii) Not having to kick to a contest as often
iv) Gives to ball carrier more time to assess options
v) Creates better delivery to our forwards

(**Remember this is were Essendon dominated & kicked many goals from turnovers)

Cheers & go doggies

Totally agree with Snagboy and the Game Plan needs a little tweaking. Lets not forget this the 7th season under Eade and this is totally his team and game plan. Pointing fingers at assistant Coaches is a joke. This is Eades team and plan! Look Eade has managed to have a higher than 50% win ratio which is very good. The real risk of parting with Eade is losing this regardless of winning a Grandfinal or not. I would only part with Eade if we got someone the caliber of Malthouse. My main concern is the total lack of following our new defensive game plan that coaches, players and staff have spoken about. Why didn't the players do what they were told? Why didn't the players carrying out what they have been trained to do all summer. Lets hope we see something different today. If not the voices of disapproval will be getting louder.

Totally agree with Snagboy and the Game Plan needs a little tweaking. Lets not forget this the 7th season under Eade and this is totally his team and game plan. Pointing fingers at assistant Coaches is a joke. This is Eades team and plan! Look Eade has managed to have a higher than 50% win ratio which is very good. The real risk of parting with Eade is losing this regardless of winning a Grandfinal or not. I would only part with Eade if we got someone the caliber of Malthouse. My main concern is the total lack of following our new defensive game plan that coaches, players and staff have spoken about. Why didn't the players do what they were told? Why didn't the players carrying out what they have been trained to do all summer. Lets hope we see something different today. If not the voices of disapproval will be getting louder.

looks like the voices are getting louder!

Eade's tired old gameplan requires a team with speed and efficient kicking skills,the Dogs are now close to the slowest in the league and their kicking efficiency is last in the league.

This means that unless the game plan changes then bottom 4 beckons.

Calling for the coaches head right now is as laughable as the stance of those who blindly defend and will tolerate no criticism of the coach.

Eade should feel very sick in the guts after Sunday's performance. Eade is responsible for the team's performance. We need to improve to the point where we consistently beat the top teams and win the big pressure games. Eade has six months to get it right. But FFS stop this drivell about replacing the coach after round 1.

If the powers that be cannot see we need a change by now, then we will be down for a long time

Again Eade was out-coached !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I called for Eade's sacking during the preseason cup when it was plainly obvious, that when compared to the other teams that we were playing, the team wasn't fit, the skill level was way down and the team tactics were a shambles. This was evidenced by the fumbling, the number of kicks and hand-passes that went astray and negative reports by various members.

Eade had the opportunity to at least partially remedy this situation with well coached practice matches during the following week, but nothing happened.

The thought then occurred that perhaps it was meant that we wouldn't be 100% fit at the start of the year and would gain more and more fitness as the year wore on to be at our peak in August/September. Remember the previous years where we were browned off in those months. But no, that would be attributing some 'B-grade' coaching skill to a 'C-grade' coach.

Then out come the revelations. Whipping boy Lake's operations are mismanaged, dud recruit Djerrkura is given a 3-year contract, we were one of the last teams to employ the forward and backline presses and when we did, they were too deep. Could go on for ages. But just lately Eade went against the advice of The Great Man and again played Josh Hill. Un-flippin'-forgive-a-flippin'-able.

I called for Eade's head at the end of last year for a totally different set of reasons. It just gets worse.

Come on Rocket - resign!

Remove this Banner Ad

NEW COACH= New Game Plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back