Tasroo

Senior List
Oct 3, 2003
Viva La Rasa
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The Dockers have flagged looking at a new club song, I know that will cause a mixed reaction from fans, but I've had a play around with some ideas.

To the tune of Anchors Aweigh:

Freo forever boys,
Freo are we.
Home of the Purple haze,
The premiership flag we’ll raise.
Freo forever boys,
Answer the call.
Give ‘em the old heave ho Dockers,
Freo is the greatest team of all.

Or

Anchors aweigh Freo,
Anchors aweigh.
Home of the Purple haze,
The premiership flag we’ll raise.
Anchors aweigh Freo,
Answer the call.
Give ‘em the old heave ho Dockers,
Freo is the greatest team of all.

Never heard of Anchors Aweigh before so I just youtubed it and it sounds a bit slow to make a good footy song. We need something with a bit of oomph.

So far of all the suggestions I like the idea of a modified version of Battle Hymn of the Republic the most. A bit of tweaking and that could be a tune the boys could really belt out with enthusiasm after a big win.

I could handle Anchors Aweigh very easily.As long as we don't keep getting people to say lets have TNT.I would cry if that ever occured.

"There'll always be a Docker by your side"... not bad, quite good actually. I could see the boys singing that arm in arm and side by side after a win.

"There'll always be a Docker by your side"... not bad, quite good actually. I could see the boys singing that arm in arm and side by side after a win.

Reminds me of Liverpool F.C.'s 'You'll Never Walk Alone" - something like that would be cool.

You'll neeeeeeeeever waaaaaaalk alooooooone....at FREEEEEOOOOOOOOOO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of Liverpool F.C.'s 'You'll Never Walk Alone" - something like that would be cool.

You'll neeeeeeeeever waaaaaaalk alooooooone....at FREEEEEOOOOOOOOOO!

Noooooooooooooooo! If that's the comparison forget I ever supported the idea. There's too much pommy chanting at our games as it is.

Noooooooooooooooo! If that's the comparison forget I ever supported the idea. There's too much pommy chanting at our games as it is.

Thank the gods, someone else is sane around here. Onya Scham.

If we copy something from that god-awful leper game, I'll consider considering supporting Wet Toast. For an entire millisecond. But in all seriousness, I'll be far less than happy.

You people who want to change everything about this club have surely had your fun already with the jumper. Let the rest of us keep the song before this club turns into something I barely recognise.

What's wrong with the Song of the Volga Boatmen anyway? It's nautically themed, catchy and has a lot of history behind it. If you look into it, I think it's very appropriate.

whenever i hear the Queen song We Will Rock You I sing (try 2 sing, actually) it as Freo Freo Dockers.
imagine 40+ thousand fans going stomp stomp clap, stomp stomp clap, singing Freo Freo Dockers.
i am not sure about what the other words should be but that is the chorus.

If we are going to have a song, I think we need to follow suit of the best songs:
- Do not try to compose a new tune/melody.
- Do not use some kind of rock band tune like Queen or AC/DC or whatever else has been mentioned.
- Use an old traditional song, and have it recorded in some old traditional pompous way with that certain style of singing, trumpets, marching band etc.
- Have some part of the song which makes everybody want to yell out like "Yellow & Black".

Ah, now if you really have a wicked sense of humour, and you raelly like stuffing the sharp end of the pineapple in places where rough ends of pineapples shouldn't go, then you take the AFL anthem and apply it to Freo.

Sung to the immortal words of "Up there Cazaley"
Up there Fremantle
in there and fight
up there and at 'em
show 'em your might

Ah, I can hear the screams from Victoria now ... but only in my dreams

Having seen a Knight's Tale the old Queen song has merit
I can see us all lining the fence, beer jug in hand banging on the railing
Bang, bang, slop:thumbsu:

Our song is actually good and sounds great with all the music an drums.

But when singing it after a win it sounds pretty lame.

Thats why i said elsewhere when they do the survey i dont want the music etc just a group of guys belting it out.
Coz with music added it makes it completely different.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Docker Club Song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back