Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but no owner wants Lamar anyway if he insists on a fully guaranteed contract
It’s a hard one yes he is worth it but he always misses games too.

And besides and lower offer than that the ravens will match it.

It’s a hard one yes he is worth it but he always misses games too.

And besides and lower offer than that the ravens will match it.
If he didnt demand the guarantee money, a couple firsts would still be worth it. Yes, Ravens would just match, but if Lamar is pushing to be traded it can happen then

Rapt with the selection.

Was not expecting to get him and once he was still there .......the Patriots pounced.

Very much fills a need, IMO, we went in needing to address:

OT, WR, CB and TE.

We just ticket off one of those needs, with a quality player that many had coming off the board much earlier.

A year when at least I am not saying WTF have we done with our first pick, we only dropped back 3 spots with the Pittsburg trade and managed to gain an additional 4th round pick, that was a good piece of business.

Ummmm after a good day on Day One. :whitecheck:

We have followed it up with a very speculative second day.

Nothing thus far to help the offence and only picked up a converted TE that now plays Edge, with room and scope for improvement and an average Line Backer..... who does have other tricks on special teams.

High risk high reward drafting today.

I am still concerned that we have added nothing to help Mac Jones ....... its almost like BB is death riding him.

Last edited:
I feel like this is a C grade draft overall for now.
"The Athletic's Chad Graff" take on the draft:-
Christian Gonzalez, CB, first round, No. 17 Grade: A+
Keion White, DL, second round, No. 46 Grade: B
Marte Mapu, LB/S, third round, No. 76 Grade: C
Jake Andrews, C, fourth round, No. 107 Grade: C
Chad Ryland, K, fourth round, No. 112 Grade: B
Sidy Sow, G, fourth round, No. 117 Grade: C+
Atonio Mafi, G, fifth round, No. 144 Grade: D
Kayshon Boutte, WR, sixth round, No. 187 Grade: A
Bryce Baringer, P, sixth round, No. 192 Grade: B+
Demario Douglas, WR, sixth round, No. 210 Grade: B-
Ameer Speed, CB, sixth round, No. 214 Grade: B-
Isaiah Bolden, DB, seventh round, No. 245 Grade: B

General theme was for some of the picks was ...'That’s all well and good. It just seems like the Patriots could’ve used the pick on a player who could help more this season.'

"The Athletic's Chad Graff" take on the draft:-
Christian Gonzalez, CB, first round, No. 17 Grade: A+
Keion White, DL, second round, No. 46 Grade: B
Marte Mapu, LB/S, third round, No. 76 Grade: C
Jake Andrews, C, fourth round, No. 107 Grade: C
Chad Ryland, K, fourth round, No. 112 Grade: B
Sidy Sow, G, fourth round, No. 117 Grade: C+
Atonio Mafi, G, fifth round, No. 144 Grade: D
Kayshon Boutte, WR, sixth round, No. 187 Grade: A
Bryce Baringer, P, sixth round, No. 192 Grade: B+
Demario Douglas, WR, sixth round, No. 210 Grade: B-
Ameer Speed, CB, sixth round, No. 214 Grade: B-
Isaiah Bolden, DB, seventh round, No. 245 Grade: B

General theme was for some of the picks was ...'That’s all well and good. It just seems like the Patriots could’ve used the pick on a player who could help more this season.'

I am not sure what Chad Graff creditably is in the Industry, but I don’t rate his opinion all that highly compared with Daniel Jeremiah.

DJ Had the three player in his top 150: number on the left his ranking on the right the number that we took said player with and Chad’s grading of the pick.

28 - White was drafted at 46- B
73 - Mapu was drafted at 76- C
104 - Sow was drafted at 117 - C+

So all three were rated in Jeremiah’s list of Best Players Available earlier than when we took them. 🤔🤫

It’s just Chad’s opinion and as we know opinions are like arseholes …… everyone has got one.
Even me. 😉

Never liked the name Chad anyway …. just sounds so limp a name.

That aside.

It was one of those drafts where I thought we did ok but I wasn’t high-fiving about it.

Funny thing is over a long period of time the drafts that I have liked best, have rarely been raging successes on mass and some of the ones I thought spud worthy have surprised me and turned out quite well.

Any pick after the fourth round is a total crap shoot anyway 🎲🎲🎲.

Certainly with Patriots picks we seem to almost have just as good a record with picking undrafted free agents as we do with picks after the fourth round.

There are the exception lol TB12 pick 199 and Edelman in the sixth.

The other thing is that you need to look at the totality of what a team has done in free agency AND the draft, to better assess the merit of the off season.

Let’s also not forget that this roster is in the middle of a transitional rebuild thats still two more drafts and FA’s away from being anywhere near completion.

The rest of the division are and have rolled all into the here and now.
In the next two/three years as we start to rise they will all start to decline and fall down the pecking order.
Jets and Bills really stacked their lists for immediate success.
If neither don’t come away with a Super Bowl appearance in the next two years then they will both walk away with nothing more that their dicks in their hands.

Stupidity at its finest ...... just WTF was he thinking.

It's just laughable the number of times some of these guys, find ways to " tear up " the lottery ticket win they have been handed, to set themselves up in life with NFL earnings, withs acts of stupidity.

Whats that saying .... ' you couldn't make this shit up "

Just as we were looking elite in the secondary after taking Gonzalez, this knucklehead goes & does this. Defies logic really, but leopards don’t change their soots & JJ has form.

Looks like we need a new corner. Who’s available??
Yep it is just so dumb. Not like it is hard to buy guns over there, why try to take them with you on a plane???

Plus the players from other teams getting caught up in the gambling side of things....why? Not like they are desperate for money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait what year is it?

Surely NE didnt re-sign him, this feels like a tweet from a while ago even though the date says today??

Created a little more cap room.

Glass half full...Maybe that extra get's thrown at Nuk or Cook to get one over the line which in turn 'improves' Parker's potential output.

Created a little more cap room.

Glass half full...Maybe that extra get's thrown at Nuk or Cook to get one over the line which in turn 'improves' Parker's potential output.

Yeah maybe, its still a horrible contract no matter which way you spin it.

Not really, only 14 mill guaranteed & he’s got to be hitting some pretty high performance kpi’s to get paid. Low base this year keeps the coffers clear for potential Nuk signing.

If you sign Hopkins what is Parker's role for 14m guaranteed? Very similar players for a skill set standpoint. One far better than the other. I just dont see the point.

If you sign Hopkins what is Parker's role for 14m guaranteed? Very similar players for a skill set standpoint. One far better than the other. I just dont see the point.

They’re both big Alpha catchers but Parker’s more capable of being a downfield threat or playing that flanker role off the LOS that NUK would otherwise line up on as the perimeter receiver.

They’re both big Alpha catchers but Parker’s more capable of being a downfield threat or playing that flanker role off the LOS that NUK would otherwise line up on as the perimeter receiver.

Ive seen people suggest Hopkins will play slot but that doesnt make sense, what happens to JuJu? Just accept you lit money on fire with that contract? Coz he cant play boundary. Then you've got Gesicki who will likely play some snaps in the slot also.

Id much rather Thornton and Bourne opposite Hopkins with JuJu and Gesicki in the slot as a lineup with Parker as depth behind Hopkins. Thats my argument, a bad contract for guy who should only be a depth piece.

ESPN’s Mike Reiss reports “more than half” the total value of DeVante Parker’s “three-year, $33 million” extension is tied to incentives.

Reiss also reports “there isn’t a high total of guaranteed money.” It’s hardly a surprise with what seemed to be the fakest contract numbers in recent history. On the wrong side of 30, Parker continued to struggle with injury and ineffectiveness during his first season with the Patriots last year. He did provide a viable down-field threat, however. It would appear the Pats are basically covering their bases in case Parker stays healthy and proves worthy of an extension in 2023. We wouldn’t hold our breath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back