Are you happy with Andrew McQualter?

• Yes

Votes: 76 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard "Mini"...gee I hope he didn't earn that nickname in the changerooms.

Apparently given to him by his parents as he was the smaller version of his brother or wanted to be like his brother.

Happy with this, he felt the safe choice of the three. Hoping for a mini dynasty at some point but main priority of his tenure for now is rebuild development towards our next window. Good luck to him, BIG test for anyone, may that last day in September be a good omen (rather than a date that will live in infamy).

I think he’ll get the best out of a player/leader like Duggan. Will also attract some people to the club that otherwise wouldn’t.

Last edited:

Interesting to hear Pyke say outright the club had "three exceptional candidates short-listed"... means Schofield was never in the running.

Scofield apparantly never made it past the external company the club employed to help find the coach.
I think ultimately the club wanted a fresh set of eyes and thats what we have got.
Time to move forward.

Scofield apparantly never made it past the external company the club employed to help find the coach.
I think ultimately the club wanted a fresh set of eyes and thats what we have got.
Time to move forward.
Yep, sounds similar to McQualter at Richmond last year. Time probably running out for Schofield to get a senior gig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with this, he felt the safe choice of the three. Hoping for a mini dynasty at some point but main priority of his tenure for now is rebuild development towards our next window. Good luck to him, BIG test for anyone, may that last day in September be a good omen (rather than a date that will live in infamy).

I think he’ll get the best out of a player/leader like Duggan. Will also attract some people to the club that otherwise wouldn’t.
Hopefully some players to plug the holes on the cheap from Richmond and Melbourne cough cozzie. A new and solidified running back and all of a sudden we have a very appealing side on paper.

Well, I'm already regretting my previous post about McQualter, having now read his full footy background on Eagles site.

"...McQualter had a taste of the senior coaching role when he was interim coach at Richmond in 2023 after Hardwick stepped down mid-season. He coached 13 games for a 7-6 winning record.
He had previously assumed a variety of roles during the Tigers’ dynasty as he took charge of the midfield and stoppages, the forward line and was responsible for the ball movement strategy between 2017 and 2023.."

Sounds like all the things we need. Time will tell, but to our new coach, welcome to the Eagles and sunny West Australia! Finally we have a coach.
Now for all the other pieces to fall into place, starting with new players...

Glad it is over
Glad those donkeys making early calls get to join Sam McClure

I’m hoping he and Clarke have a shared vision of the way we want to play and can amass the talent required

Welcome Mini, looking forward to a fresh approach and a rise up the ladder

Got a feeling that this appointment is Ken Judge Mk II.

Next 2 years he'll be the whipping boy for the state of our list and performances and the media will get him fired.

Expecting that the Eagles will ship him off for a more experienced coach before we start our run to playing finals.

Best of luck to him and honestly hope he proves me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach NEW HEAD COACH - Welcome to West Coast: Andrew McQualter

Back