New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very interested to see what ticket prices are. If it's triple figures they can get ****ed. Not spending that on practice matches.

Bugger... The 2 guys I wanted to see most are not on the card.

Did no-one expect Kenny Omega as a chance for some reason, or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Festival Hall is an interesting choice. Throwback to the 60s and also shows they are aware they are unlikely to draw massive crowds first up.

International Assault promoter won't be happy Young Bucks are out here the month before their show. Fairly stacked card as well with Omega and Naito the only obvious exclusions from the list.

Suspect with the big increase in big wrestling tours here it's why wwe are considering doing a big show of their own here.

Festival Hall is an interesting choice. Throwback to the 60s and also shows they are aware they are unlikely to draw massive crowds first up.

International Assault promoter won't be happy Young Bucks are out here the month before their show. Fairly stacked card as well with Omega and Naito the only obvious exclusions from the list.

Suspect with the big increase in big wrestling tours here it's why wwe are considering doing a big show of their own here.

Festival Hall is one of the elements I'm most excited about. I'm too young to have lived the halcyon days of Australian wrestling (and didn't grow up in Melbourne anyway) - but I've heard and read plenty about the old WCW events at Festival Hall.

I love that I'm going to get to see this event there... assuming I can afford it, given I'm broke as **** and don't get paid before Friday.

I'd also love to hear an estimated capacity - it'd be good to get an idea on whether to just buy the cheapest ticket I can on Friday, or whether I can wait a couple of weeks.

On your comment about the Bucks, I heard Ospreay has a MCW booking the week after the NJPW shows. That might explain him not working NJPW's Melbourne show.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Festival Hall is one of the elements I'm most excited about. I'm too young to have lived the halcyon days of Australian wrestling (and didn't grow up in Melbourne anyway) - but I've heard and read plenty about the old WCW events at Festival Hall.

I love that I'm going to get to see this event there... assuming I can afford it, given I'm broke as **** and don't get paid before Friday.

I'd also love to hear an estimated capacity - it'd be good to get an idea on whether to just buy the cheapest ticket I can on Friday, or whether I can wait a couple of weeks.

On your comment about the Bucks, I heard Ospreay has a MCW booking the week after the NJPW shows. That might explain him not working NJPW's Melbourne show.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe. Given he has been a big part of what's happening, it's only fair he gets some of the spoils.

Apparently according to wiki, festival hall capacity is around 1700. Not big at all and have heard it can get real hot in there, so fingers crossed for a mild day.

I don't know whether this is at all relevant, but I thought it might be interesting to dig up ticket prices for the US tour.

Ticket Prices*

On Court

Rows 1-4: $200

Rows 5-12 $150

Stadium

Rows 1-7: $100

Rows 8-14: $80

Rows 15-24: $50

However, the venue there holds 4200 people. Given that, and the exchange rate... I don't think we're getting tickets for less than 50 bucks. Which is a shame cos, with the short notice, I'd struggle to go a lot higher than 50 bucks. As excited as I am, the timing couldn't be much worse for me personally :'(

Apparently according to wiki, festival hall capacity is around 1700. Not big at all and have heard it can get real hot in there, so fingers crossed for a mild day.

I've been to quite a few gigs at Festering Hall. And yes, it can get bl00dy hot in there... Like sauna hot... Which should add to the atmosphere! At least it's rectangular shape is much more beneficial for a wrestling show (with the ring in the centre) than a music gig where they set the stage on the wall. Some of the angles to a stage are awful, but they shouldn't be an issue with the ring roughly in the centre of the place. And remember, there is a balcony... Which makes it more of a shame that Ospreay won't be there!

I've been to quite a few gigs at Festering Hall. And yes, it can get bl00dy hot in there... Like sauna hot... Which should add to the atmosphere! At least it's rectangular shape is much more beneficial for a wrestling show (with the ring in the centre) than a music gig where they set the stage on the wall. Some of the angles to a stage are awful, but they shouldn't be an issue with the ring roughly in the centre of the place. And remember, there is a balcony... Which makes it more of a shame that Ospreay won't be there!
Tbh i'd almost rather the balcony, unless I could get first two rows.

Brace yourselves.

These are the prices for the Melbourne show:
VIP: $447.00
Premium: $194.00
Gold: $82.95
Silver: $54.60

Outcharging WWE for the top two categories with only three days between tour announcement and on-sale date as well. Think they've gone a little too hard here, particularly with plenty of wrestling fans still unaware or interested in the company.

http://www.festivalhall.com.au/events/1175/

Jesus. Not that I'd even be able to consider it - but I'll be interested to see what the VIP package involves.

For me, silver is probably right on the edge of what I can manage on such short notice... there's a chance I might not be able to eat next week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus. Not that I'd even be able to consider it - but I'll be interested to see what the VIP package involves.

For me, silver is probably right on the edge of what I can manage on such short notice... there's a chance I might not be able to eat next week!
I was thinking of going for Gold but honestly i'm so blown away that I may not even go.
VIP ticket includes:

• Ring Side seating
  • Access to the Meet and Greet area before the show, this will include access to meet as many of the NJPW talent within the allocated time*
  • Early access to your seat
  • Early access to the merch stand
  • NJPW Australian Tour Poster
    * Promotional items/photos/merchandise are not included in the ticket price.

Yea I'll be the same on such short notice.

I was thinking of going for Gold but honestly i'm so blown away that I may not even go.
VIP ticket includes:

• Ring Side seating
  • Access to the Meet and Greet area before the show, this will include access to meet as many of the NJPW talent within the allocated time*

Christ - there's not much extra in that VIP package.

The good news is that the prices listed here seem to include booking fees, cos the prices that have been posted on FB are slightly less.

Festival Hall holds around 5,000 for wrestling (although I think it can be configured for more). I've seen a number of cards there (the two WrestleRiot cards in the early 90s - Jake Roberts, Road Warrior Hawk, JYD, Jushin Liger, Chris Benoit, Akira Nogami, the Malenko Bros, the Fantastics) and the two High Risk Wrestling Cards. The WWF regularly ran shows there during 1986. I never got to go although I did have tickets for the last show which got cancelled (Andre the Giant, Tito Santana, the British Bulldogs, Don Muraco, Bob Orton were all advertised. I'm still bitter about it 30 years later).

Simply terrific place to watch wrestling. I agree with the sentiment that New Japan have gone a bit hard on the VIP prices. I also reckon Jushin Liger would be a terrific addition to get in some of us older fans in. I reckon I'll still end up going but I know an older name wrestler would get fans of my vintage interested.

Festival Hall holds around 5,000 for wrestling (although I think it can be configured for more). I've seen a number of cards there (the two WrestleRiot cards in the early 90s - Jake Roberts, Road Warrior Hawk, JYD, Jushin Liger, Chris Benoit, Akira Nogami, the Malenko Bros, the Fantastics) and the two High Risk Wrestling Cards. The WWF regularly ran shows there during 1986. I never got to go although I did have tickets for the last show which got cancelled (Andre the Giant, Tito Santana, the British Bulldogs, Don Muraco, Bob Orton were all advertised. I'm still bitter about it 30 years later).

Simply terrific place to watch wrestling. I agree with the sentiment that New Japan have gone a bit hard on the VIP prices. I also reckon Jushin Liger would be a terrific addition to get in some of us older fans in. I reckon I'll still end up going but I know an older name wrestler would get fans of my vintage interested.

always remember the Malenkos doing the "water pump" spot.

Brace yourselves.

Outcharging WWE for the top two categories with only three days between tour announcement and on-sale date as well. Think they've gone a little too hard here, particularly with plenty of wrestling fans still unaware or interested in the company.

Shittiest part is just a month's notice from sale date to event, especially right after Christmas/New Year, and with sales, cricket and Aus Open taking people's $$$ as well.

If they had advertised and gone on sale in November, they probably would have had a lot more interest.

Last edited:
Brace yourselves.

I would NOT spend that much to go the Show

If $54.60 or $82.95 are available on Friday I'll go (can picture that being the last 6 rows and everything else bullshit prices) but it'll be one and done for me. The novelty won't be there for a second house show. Fans aren't idiots; we know wrestlers are going through the motions and not busting 110% for these.

VIP ticket includes:

• Ring Side seating

Those last three points are just crap.

Last edited:
26195943_976330169172370_3411659124047007912_n.jpg
No NJPW legend and hall of famer Chris Jericho? Very disappointing. :thumbsdown:

If $54.60 or $82.95 are available on Friday I'll go (can picture that being the last 6 rows and everything else bullshit prices) but it'll be one and done for me. The novelty won't be there for a second house show. Fans aren't idiots; we know wrestlers are going through the motions and not busting 110% for these.

915f881883a883ee745f3a2626c113d8b316ceec_1_669x500.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back