Competitions New jumper numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

6 Dahlhaus (his W.B. number)
10 Jarvis
15 Clark (pick 15, wore 15 for WA, has a symmetry too it)
20 Kennerley
21 Rohan
23 Tarca
28 Kreuger
30 Brownless (his falcons number)
33 Fort
36 Atkins
40 Schlensog
43 Okunbor

Outside of sons changing their number to that of their father's, I'm a fan of players sticking to their first jumper number through out their careers and making it their own.
For example, I can't think of a decent cats player to wear the number 38 and would love to see Henry become the first to clock up 100+ games in it.

Last edited:
6 Dahlhaus (his W.B. number)
10 Jarvis
15 Clark (pick 15, wore 15 for WA, has a symmetry too it)
20 Kennerley
21 Rohan
23 Tarca
28 Kreuger
30 Brownless (his falcons number)
33 Fort
36 Atkins
40 Schlensog
43 Okunbor

Outside of sons changing their number to that of their father's, I'm a fan of players sticking to their first jumper number through out their careers and making it their own.
For example, I can't think of a decent cats player to wear the number 38 and would love to see Henry become the first to clock up 100+ games in it.
Fun fact: The most games played in the #38 jumper is by Austin McCrabb which is 36 games.

Henry needs to play 15 more games to be the longest serving player representing that jumper number. He currently sits 3rd in the pecking order 10 games shy of John Preen.

Billy said Stevie J has texted Oscar asking him about taking 20. Obviously they’re family friends but a nice gesture and he must see he has more talent than most on here think he does
I'd say it is absolutely more of Stevie being cheeky and saying he should take the 20 over his dads old number.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What in the **** is this?
How can Cotton-On stuff up the guernsey this badly

DtOiroGVYAA2XOI.jpg

What in the **** is this?
How can Cotton-On stuff up the guernsey this badly

DtOiroGVYAA2XOI.jpg

Reading about the design of the guernsey, it may not become a fan favourite but there are reasons behind the new design & the players were involved in the process:

The 2019 season will see this change, when thanks to a collaboration between the Cats players and Cotton On apparel designers, the Geelong Cats will take to the field wearing a jumper featuring:
  • Refreshed armholes and original upper-back shaping to offer maximum room for shoulder and arm rotation allowing for freedom of movement when players are tackling, marking and kicking;
  • Side seams have been repositioned to flow from the back of the player’s body to the front, thereby reducing underarm seam irritation and;
  • A watermark ‘G’ logo, the font and style taken from the main club crest, that is becoming more commonly used by the football club for its youthful and modern twist on tradition.
Appearing subtle to some, these ergonomic design innovations will significantly enhance the players’ comfort when training and playing, while remaining true to the heritage of the guernsey.

The final design was cemented after a continuous process of players testing fit samples during training sessions and offering their feedback to Group product developers throughout the 2018 season.

If the new design is better for the players, in terms of comfort & movement etc, then maybe it's not such a stuff up

http://cottonongroup.com.au/cotton-...s-unveil-innovative-guernsey-design-for-2019/

Reading about the design of the guernsey, it may not become a fan favourite but there are reasons behind the new design & the players were involved in the process:

If the new design is better for the players, in terms of comfort & movement etc, then maybe it's not such a stuff up

http://cottonongroup.com.au/cotton-...s-unveil-innovative-guernsey-design-for-2019/
That's just spin to justify making changes.. Which are designed for nothing more than more sales under a "2019 model"

Competitions New jumper numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back