News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Coast really are keen to move on from the current look hey? I don't think they've won their regular jumper for about ten weeks. they used the Indigenous (and the second Indigenous) as much as they could, but what's the relation in wearing it in Perth tonight?

My conspiratorial tilt is that the one they're wearing tonight, with the bit of a gradient going on, is going to resemble their next look. someone on here mentioned that a yellow-to-red look was one of the options presented to members. and from memory, it was the only option with a new, upgraded logo on it.

Also, only half-related, but has anyone seen North's quiet change to using the bounding roo ident on their social media? it's across all of them. basically a simplified, more internet-friendly version of the 2000s 'Kangaroos' logo.

That 2018ish rebrand was a Barry Crocker, genuinely terrible at the time and even worse now. a real shame because I remember people on here found some great, binned off alternatives that were presented.
Think about this Fraser Davidson that they'd commissioned then not gone with. Perfect for the digital age and simple.

C2hwkhUVQAEi9-O.jpeg

Naah, heaps of people use, "the purples", "the purple team", "the purps" when casually talking about freo.
I grew up in WA and have have never heard any of these. the only time people say 'the purple...' is when a good old alliterative homophobic slur comes after it. from Eagles supporters.

I grew up in WA and have have never heard any of these. the only time people say 'the purple...' is when a good old alliterative homophobic slur comes after it. from Eagles supporters.
Purple haze game, purple hands foundation, purple army club membership, the purples, (played purple rain before games, don't think they still do this however). The 2013 GF they literally painted south Tce purple.

I think purple is still very much their identity and most associate Fremantle with purple.

(I don't think I have ever said purple so much in my life before😂)

didn't port essentally steal someone's design online?
Depends on whether you think it’s possible for two people to independently come to the same general idea, which in this case was the bars (created by Port) and the monogram (the one used in the end was created by Port) in a relatively generic shield shape that’s hard for anyone to claim they invented, Atletico Madrid are probably the most notable club using it.
Whatever the case, there are enough differences between the two logos, and this reddit comment from the time probably sums it up better than I could.
IMG_5622.jpeg
And for reference this shows all the logos in question:
IMG_5621.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either use that exact bounding roo we used in the 80s to early 2000s or make a completely new, different logo that has nothing to do with the bounding roo. I quite like the current Kanga head logo, I like that it's got "NORTH" in big letters instead of "KANGAROOS", I think if we'd adopted it in an era that isn't our worst in living memory it would probably be thought of more fondly by our supporters. I also like that the club has moved back to using the bounding roo on jumpers and in the social media branding because it's a really strong identity. The last thing I ever want to see is a new version of the bounding roo and I'm sick of seeing people try to modernise or cartoonise it, I've never seen one that doesn't just look worse than the existing one.

Did North ever have this guy as a logo or am I imagining it.
View attachment 2070393
Only image I can find
North Melbourne to merge with Fremantle in 2025 confirmed, presenting y'all with the Fremantle Kangaroos.

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back