New Major Sponsor(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Major Sponsor

Well to be honest I'm not buying merch until I know the new sponsor is on it. I don't want Soaring and MyATM on it. Sounds stupid but I'm sure there's a hell of a lot of people with the same thoughts.
Same same.:cool:

Well they won't even have sponsors logos on the merch this year again, like last year. It looks so cheap and tacky without sponsors logos on the polo shirts and training singlets, that I wont be buying any again this year if they don't have the new sponsors logos on them

Well they won't even have sponsors logos on the merch this year again, like last year. It looks so cheap and tacky without sponsors logos on the polo shirts and training singlets, that I wont be buying any again this year if they don't have the new sponsors logos on them

The NBA says hi.

Sponsors on anything but the ball and on ground advertising is a bastardisation of any sport. Its the ugliest and tackiest way of marketing possible and forces people to keep buying new stuff because theirs looks old now. I ****ing hate it and clubs would probably get more money from them minus sponsors.

The NBA says hi.

The NBA fills out the front of its jerseys with team name and numbers and player names on the back so as to not look like a cheap K-Mart Kids singlet, which is what sponsorless/badgeless AFL guernseys look like.

I was always pretty chuffed with my new prison bar jumper each year.

Knitted by Aunty Chris on her flash knitting machine. She tried to do a logo once. I liked it better without so she didn't try again.

Aunty Chris is dead now.

The "takebackthepafc" twitter account is quoting graham cornes as saying the PAFC have a big sponsorship announcement this week - did anyone hear th direct quote?

I was always pretty chuffed with my new prison bar jumper each year.

Knitted by Aunty Chris on her flash knitting machine. She tried to do a logo once. I liked it better without so she didn't try again.

Aunty Chris is dead now.

Y'know footyhead, that post just reads a little bit Norman Bates. ;)

The "takebackthepafc" twitter account is quoting graham cornes as saying the PAFC have a big sponsorship announcement this week - did anyone hear th direct quote?

Yeah they were responding to some text asking if they had heard the 'story' from out of port and both matter of factly mentioned how the club was holding off announcing their sponsor until this week.

Yeah they were responding to some text asking if they had heard the 'story' from out of port and both matter of factly mentioned how the club was holding off announcing their sponsor until this week.

They need time to get the logos printed....

Will be done by this week.

Sponsor-less guernseys are good because they're a throwback to the old days. But it does seem a little poor when they come out now and aren't deliberately retro but just that we don't have a major sponsor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously it will be good to see sponsors on our guernsey but they do look so more striking without it.

I remember when Saints were without a sponsor last PS and their guernsey looked so good.

Anyway, hopefully something is announced this week.

Obviously it will be good to see sponsors on our guernsey but they do look so more striking without it.

I remember when Saints were without a sponsor last PS and their guernsey looked so good.

Anyway, hopefully something is announced this week.

I'm sure the St Kilda Football Club are glad to hear from a Port supporter how great their guernsey looked, just a pity for them that being without a sponsor in the in the PS turned into the whole season and saw them have a loss of 1.5 million dollars.

Hopefully we don't suffer the same.

I doubt we will.

All I was saying is that in the Sponsor v Sponsor-less guernsey debate, that IMO guerney's without sponsors look great.

Total merchant sales profit would not cover Boakys rent for the year.

No sponsors half way thru football financial year (starts Oct) means at least a 1.5 million loss at the minimum.

Dunk will spin it though. Long term strategy, AO, working on sustainable business, we have some things in planning but we are One Club.

How did that go!

So if we sign a sponsor in March we only get half the revenue? That just does not make sense given the maximum impact of any sponsor logos would be during the regular AFL season.

Total merchant sales profit would not cover Boakys rent for the year.

No sponsors half way thru football financial year (starts Oct) means at least a 1.5 million loss at the minimum.

Dunk will spin it though. Long term strategy, AO, working on sustainable business, we have some things in planning but we are One Club.

How did that go!

What a crock of shit. Really.

Given our financial year starts on 1st November we are almost 3 full months into this financial year, so I know your maths of half way thru the year is shonky.

Also if you are sponsor of an AFL team, you are probably going to get 85% of the sponsorship value for money between Rd 1 and Rd 22 when your name is on the jumper and you get your brand on TV. Playing finals is the bonus and a club only gets to charge a premium for that when they are regularly playing finals.

This hysterical we are half way thru our financial year so any sponsor is only going to pay half the value argument, just doesn't make any sense.

What is a croc of shit?

Financial year starting 1 Oct 2011- fact
Sponsor starts sponsoring say 1 April means 6 months revenue for 2011/2012 year- fact

Well known fact sponsors need to be in place by June of eg 2011 for 2012 year- fact

So in summary we will be 6 months x 2 revenue down for 2012- fact

Anyway Dunk will have a story, another chapter in the fiction book

What is a croc of shit?

Financial year starting 1 Oct 2011- fact
Sponsor starts sponsoring say 1 April means 6 months revenue for 2011/2012 year- fact

Well known fact sponsors need to be in place by June of eg 2011 for 2012 year- fact

So in summary we will be 6 months x 2 revenue down for 2012- fact

Anyway Dunk will have a story, another chapter in the fiction book

October/November aside the only fact I can discern from that rant is your obvious dislike for duncanson.
I understand your point regarding spin, but I don't think he has ownership of the sponsorship issue.

I'm comfortable that we've had one in place for probably a month, perhaps haggling on terms, the proof at this week's announcement will be if we have two or one.

As reh said, they get almost zero value for their dollar through October to January

Given our financial year starts on 1st November we are almost 3 full months into this financial year, so I know your maths of half way thru the year is shonky.

Also if you are sponsor of an AFL team, you are probably going to get 85% of the sponsorship value for money between Rd 1 and Rd 22 when your name is on the jumper and you get your brand on TV. Playing finals is the bonus and a club only gets to charge a premium for that when they are regularly playing finals.

This hysterical we are half way thru our financial year so any sponsor is only going to pay half the value argument, just doesn't make any sense.

Spot on REH. Sponsors only want TV exposure and the number of TV grabs since October would be less than 10 for a total of an hour or two. I reckon your 85% is more like 95%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back