Discussion New Merchandise for 2014 - Confirmed Merch in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The designs are virtually identical, I was responding to the poster who was suspicious that it wasn't designed by Reebok.

I will ignore you dismissing one of the oldest and most successful clubs in Australia as "little old Port Melbourne", I'm not interested in a childish flame war.

The club can be as old as Methuselah mate but it doesn't disguise the fact they play in the second tier of footy.

It's just a simple comparison

Collingwood also has some retro shirts with monograms:
COLL2070.jpg
COLL2060.jpg

It looks a bit Carlton-like... but almost any CFC monogram probably will.

The club can be as old as Methuselah mate but it doesn't disguise the fact they play in the second tier of footy.

It's just a simple comparison
No, it was an offensive, unnecessary and disparaging remark when the club itself wasn't up for discussion, merely the design of a hoody.

I reiterate. Flame war. Do not want.

Much better than BLK/kooga or xblades

Personally, I believe there is nothing wrong with KooGa/BLK.

And the only thing that I dislike about blades is the cut off middle stripe. The off field merchandise is amazing.

Personally, I believe there is nothing wrong with KooGa/BLK.

And the only thing that I dislike about blades is the cut off middle stripe. The off field merchandise is amazing.

KooGa are pretty tasteful with their jumpers so I don't mind their involvement. They don't add or cut off stripes and the collars look fine. The Lions jumper and Richmond clash are all club-decided things. But the issue I have is their polos and training gear is just insipid – those curvy lines just remind me of the tacky footy polo you'd hate wearing before the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i believe port need to have a teal based jumper and have more teal on their shorts and on filed products, because its the closest thing to green left in the competition!! :)

On the contrary, our guernsey and other merchandise has improved drastically since the powers that be realised that teal only works as a minor colour. Big splashes of teal aren't good. We've embraced black as our primary colour with some white and teal and it's been wonderful.

On the contrary, our guernsey and other merchandise has improved drastically since the powers that be realised that teal only works as a minor colour. Big splashes of teal aren't good. We've embraced black as our primary colour with some white and teal and it's been wonderful.
Maybe so, but surely teal could be used a bit more prominently? In the past, teal was used on home and away guernseys and so, wasn't that impressive. But perhaps a teal version of the home jumper could be used in the preseason.

Perhaps it could, but it wouldn't look good in practice. The amount of team on our home and away guernseys is about as much as you'd want.

A team version of our guernsey design would look tacky. Teal doesn't look good in big blocks of colour.

Perhaps it could, but it wouldn't look good in practice. The amount of team on our home and away guernseys is about as much as you'd want.

A team version of our guernsey design would look tacky. Teal doesn't look good in big blocks of colour.

1) Autocorrect is not your friend :)

2) It would look good. Problem is you guys have been burnt by bad teal jumpers in the past... the Lightning Bolt, etc.

1) Autocorrect is not your friend :)

2) It would look good. Problem is you guys have been burnt by bad teal jumpers in the past... the Lighting Bolt, etc.
I liked the lightning bolt...to an extent. I think the one with just "Port Adelaide" in a semi circle was horrible. Then again, wasn't that a warmup top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back