Rumour New Naming Rights Sponsor for Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard on the Rumour File this morning on 3AW that Etihad's naming rights sponsorship at Docklands expires soon, and the new sponsor will be Disney Corporation, or more particularly, one of Disney's companies / products. If true, this got me thinking. What Disney name would be most appropriate for the stadium?

Donald Duck Dome
Mickey Mouse Arena
Animal Kingdom Arena

Ideas anyone?

Saw some things suggesting it was Marvel.

This was a couple of months back now though and people had just assumed it would be a tie in with the Avengers release, which was last week so a bit late for that now.

Saw some things suggesting it was Marvel.

This was a couple of months back now though and people had just assumed it would be a tie in with the Avengers release, which was last week so a bit late for that now.
That sounds fairly short term!

That sounds fairly short term!
Back then people expected it was only for a week or so, just temporarily buy the rights if Etihad allowed it. Obviously that time has gone so maybe it will be a permanent thing. Wiki/The Age says the Etihad deal is to 2019. I am unsure if that means this is the last year its Etihad or if 2019 is the last year.

Disney owned? If so that would make sense

Think it's part owned

Did a quick google and Disney sponsored Orlando magic and the MLS side, and epsn branded a big mega sports complex there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So then the ESPN via Disney naming rights wouldn't be correct since they'd be Fox Sports biggest competitor in Aus?

It would depend what agreements they have in place with the broadcast partners, major sponsors etc.

I doubt Toyota as the premier sponsor would the AFL's own venue being called Nissan Stadium or something, nor do I think the AFL with an airline partner would seek another airline to take over the Etihad sponsorship but if there's two things you can count with the AFL it's inconsistency and a desire for dollars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour New Naming Rights Sponsor for Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back