New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Guys,
current 6 year member, also was a member for 5 years post no merger year. I must confess when I was 8 in in 1980 I wanted to support Collingwood( best friend and Grade 2 teacher were mad Collingwood supporters), but my dad said I respect your wishes but if you don't barrack for the Hawks your are not getting any pocket money.
So you could say I was bribed.

Am a 4th generation supporter and my kids and 5th generation. Family been following the hawks since the early 20's.
Fav 80's/ 90's player was Chris Langford with Dermie as a close 2nd.

Welcome BBB, sounds like your old man saved you from a life of shame and gave you the gift of winning!

Welcome BBB, sounds like your old man saved you from a life of shame and gave you the gift of winning!
Sad thing is his Mother did the same thing to him in the 50's when he want to barrack for the dees.

All I had to do for my kids was bribery with chocolate and chips. Knew I had my daughter 4 years ago when we were up by about 50 against the dees with 5 minutes to go and lets go. She burst into tearing ,saying "but we are not going to hear the song".

Ahhh it was music to my ears.

Hi all,
Long time Hawks man, followed them since we lost to the Bombers in 84..
Currently live in Brisbane & get down to as many games in Melbourne & Lonny as I can & have been lucky enough to be at the last 3 GF's
I stumbled across this site while trying to chase down an Indigenous Guernsey to add to my collection.
Looking forward to 2015, things are looking good..

I have never left a game early and if I did my son would want to have me committed.
Only leave games early if we are winning by a mile and I don't hate the opposition team. Will never leave early against the swans, cats, dons, dockers (under RL), pies, blues, crows and north. Others yeah is we are up by 50+ yeah I might leave a minute or 2 before the end.

Hello.
Im from Brissy. Dont get to see many games unfortunately. Fingers crossed they get a game at the Gabba this year!
I will be seeing the cup this weekend at Morningside! get around it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi, long time reader, have never posted before. Have supported the hawks since I was a child as have family in Victoria but grew up in NSW and Qld so also have a love of rugby union and most sport to be honest. Living in Sydney.

Welcome aboard!

Am I Welcome here? I aM a die hard hawk. I'm nervous about posting here

Course you are welcome, why wouldn't you be! Now tell us your hawks supporter history :)

Good evening all, been posting a bit lately & just realised I never introduced myself. Been a Hawks fan since my toddler years even though the rest of my immediate family are Demons & Bombers fans (dodged some bullets there). Can still remember vividly waving large Hawthorn flags with my cousin alongside a main road in Vic immediately after the Battle of 89 to the toots of car horns & occasional abuse!
Now in Brisbane our house is pure Brown and Gold! So happy I saw B2B as a young bloke & my eldest now the same... now need another B2B in approximately 6 years for my youngest!
Go Hawks!!!!!

Hawks fan since I was 4 years old when my best mate took me aside and set me straight. Been a proud passionate and paid up member for 18 years now and converted my entire family who have also all be paid up for the past 12 years (including my father who is from the States but now can't get enough of his Hawks). Now living in Austria so don't get to see as many games I would like but was fortunate to get across to Melbs for the last two games of the season proper and the first final against the Handbaggers.
Go Hawks!

Hawks fan since I was 4 years old when my best mate took me aside and set me straight. Been a proud passionate and paid up member for 18 years now and converted my entire family who have also all be paid up for the past 12 years (including my father who is from the States but now can't get enough of his Hawks). Now living in Austria so don't get to see as many games I would like but was fortunate to get across to Melbs for the last two games of the season proper and the first final against the Handbaggers.
Go Hawks!

welcome, always good to have international fans in here. I lived in London for 2 years and on Friday mornings at work I could stream AFL games live via the net. Its funny barracking from the other side of the world!

Hey there :) My name is Michael and I live in Melbourne and have been following the Hawks and have been a financial member all my life. I am 44 and work in Forensics. I travel from Melbourne to London on a 3 monthly rotation for work, so sadly do miss a chunk of each season. My favourite players have been Derm and Buckenara. Miss those days lol. But I am really excited about the next few years, in particular our youth and how well the club has recruited. Can't wait for the first bounce of 2015. Have read here on and off for a while but never participated, so hope to be a regular.

Hey there :) My name is Michael and I live in Melbourne and have been following the Hawks and have been a financial member all my life. I am 44 and work in Forensics. I travel from Melbourne to London on a 3 monthly rotation for work, so sadly do miss a chunk of each season. My favourite players have been Derm and Buckenara. Miss those days lol. But I am really excited about the next few years, in particular our youth and how well the club has recruited. Can't wait for the first bounce of 2015. Have read here on and off for a while but never participated, so hope to be a regular.

Welcome. No matter which side of the world you're on, this forum is here!

Remove this Banner Ad

New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back