News New Saints' Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m worried about the fanfare around it. If they were keeping it simple and just thickening some lines they wouldn’t need all this promotion surely

Club getting roasted on socials, especially about the "extensive consultation" line.

If they've screwed with it too much, I might have to run for the board myself to put a halt to this garbage

Is there a reason they used KFC instead of Kilda?
St.K = St Kilda
FC = Football Club
I assume you got that obviously, and the question is why they went with the initials over the name? If so, I reckon it was to distinguish from other St Kilda sports clubs at the time. Obviously being the only professional sporting comp that grew from a suburban Melbourne comp to the national comp, nowadays St Kilda in the AFL are the first club from the suburb that just about anyone would think of. At the time they first introduced the crest though, whenever that was, it was probably more important to denote that it was for the football club than it would be now. I’d say nowadays they wouldn’t need to do that anymore other than to uphold tradition, so perhaps there’s a chance that they do change it to say St. Kilda.

St.K = St Kilda
FC = Football Club
I assume you got that obviously, and the question is why they went with the initials over the name? If so, I reckon it was to distinguish from other St Kilda sports clubs at the time. Obviously being the only professional sporting comp that grew from a suburban Melbourne comp to the national comp, nowadays St Kilda in the AFL are the first club from the suburb that just about anyone would think of. At the time they first introduced the crest though, whenever that was, it was probably more important to denote that it was for the football club than it would be now. I’d say nowadays they wouldn’t need to do that anymore other than to uphold tradition, so perhaps there’s a chance that they do change it to say St. Kilda.
Na purely fans of chicken i reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Saints' Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back