Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Leighton owns both JH and Broad.

You have to remember Multiplex is now Brookfield Multiplex, it's been restructured and this is a different project.
Actually, Leighton Contractors are the majority shareholder of Broad. Leighton Contractors and John Holland (and Thiess) are fully owned Operating Companies of Leighton Holdings.

Anyway, I would've thought this job is a bit outside Broad's capacity...

The company picked will come down to quality, experience in stadium building and capacity to complete it on time. i don't think the money side of it will be a huge consideration.

The state governemnt are going to get slammed by the opposers if its $1billion or $1.4billion, while the supporters just want it done on time to a high standard. A quality outcome will silence everyone.

Anything to erase from the publics minds the Perth Arena debacle.

The company picked will come down to quality, experience in stadium building and capacity to complete it on time. i don't think the money side of it will be a huge consideration.

The state governemnt are going to get slammed by the opposers if its $1billion or $1.4billion, while the supporters just want it done on time to a high standard. A quality outcome will silence everyone.

Anything to erase from the publics minds the Perth Arena debacle.

Perth Arena has as much to do with the shit builders (bloody BGC) as it does with the politics. People seem to blame the government as its the easiest thing to do even though they have NFI.
Leightons own John Holland & Thiess.

Would Multiplex go near another stadium after the Wembley debacle?
I am hoping to God that BM get the contract.

Only have to look at how gang-busters two of Perth's biggest projects in Fiona Stanley and City Square to realise how good they are at getting things done.

i think JH did the subiaco expansion or lights in the 90's so i think theyd be the only one in perth with the experience

as another poster mentioned BM are getting things done but so is JH. it'll be quite tight.

Or the convention centre debacle...

Or the bell tower debacle...

The bell tower and convention centre are failures because they spent less money and compromised to appease those that opposed or had issues with aspects of the developments. Retaining the ground level car park under the PCEC was a big failure.

The arena is not compromised in any way. Apart from the hundreds of changes made by the department that managed the project. Such as the stupid car park.

That's the reason why you should pay no attention to Linley Lutton, John Hyde and Gregg Ross.

Perth Arena has as much to do with the shit builders (bloody BGC) as it does with the politics. People seem to blame the government as its the easiest thing to do even though they have NFI.

When the government gets a quote for a stadium - that doesn't include seating - i think it's a sign of a pretty shit government.

When the government gets a quote for a stadium - that doesn't include seating - i think it's a sign of a pretty shit government.

Yep. The project was managed by the department and was a leaky ship from day one.

juddy_Like said:
I am hoping to God that BM get the contract.

Only have to look at how gang-busters two of Perth's biggest projects in Fiona Stanley and City Square to realise how good they are at getting things done.

Probuild have the new Children's hospital. Looks like it's going pretty well in the early stages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. The project was managed by the department and was a leaky ship from day one.

Thankfully this project is not being managed by the office of Special Projects, but by people who know sport (as far as I am aware?).

I will clarify my previous post - the Government will get blamed for debacles like Perth Arena whether it was their fault, the departments or the builders. A good builder coupled with capable proejct managers should allow the vision to be realised.

Received an email from the club asking to complete a survey about what Eagles members want from the new stadium. Anyone else receive it?

Im about to start the survey now

di-T6C1.jpg

Thankfully this project is not being managed by the office of Special Projects, but by people who know sport (as far as I am aware?).

I will clarify my previous post - the Government will get blamed for debacles like Perth Arena whether it was their fault, the departments or the builders. A good builder coupled with capable proejct managers should allow the vision to be realised.

I believe you are wrong and right there. Like anything in government, it is being run by many departments at once. It does have a special committee looking after it. It also falls under the office of special projects. The office of special projects isn't half bad though. It is BMW that is filled with idiots.

I don't even think the Perth Arena fell underneath them as it is too small.

Received an email from the club asking to complete a survey about what Eagles members want from the new stadium. Anyone else receive it?

di-T6C1.jpg

Had a look through and quickly realised it had nothing to do with WC fans input into the development of the stadium, rather it was WC's covert way of finding out how much they can extort the membership offerings.

Prices are going to spike on the basis that the stadium and seats are better, completely ignoring that members are being extorted for sub-standard facilities at the moment.

Originally Posted by Blue and Gold Blood

A Docker's member friend of mine (poor misguided soul) received the same email. She said there were questions asking things like"would you be prepared to pay $xyz to buy a membership package in the new stadium?" etc. She said the prices mentioned were ridiculously high and she answered No to everything and urged me to do the same if I received the same questionnaire. If everyone does the same then they may need to do a rethink.

A Docker's member friend of mine (poor misguided soul) received the same email. She said there were questions asking things like"would you be prepared to pay $xyz to buy a membership package in the new stadium?" etc. She said the prices mentioned were ridiculously high and she answered No to everything and urged me to do the same if I received the same questionnaire. If everyone does the same then they may need to do a rethink.

You would think that would have been a Dockers specific one. Secondly, would this not just convince them to not build a stadium at all??

There's a 3 minute video of Colin Barnett talking to Daniel Kerr about the new stadium.

The one thing I must say I'm pumped about - is the promise that this stadium is going to be absolutely first class. The fact that they have Populous onboard suggests this thing is going to be the envy of the country.

Can not wait!!

There's a 3 minute video of Colin Barnett talking to Daniel Kerr about the new stadium.

The one thing I must say I'm pumped about - is the promise that this stadium is going to be absolutely first class. The fact that they have Populous onboard suggests this thing is going to be the envy of the country.

Can not wait!!

Where is said vid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back