Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. In trying to find an answer to your question, I stumbled upon the following. The link may have been posted before.

http://www.perthstadium.com.au

A bit off-topic, but I'm an in-the-wings member and I understand 1 ITW membership entitles you to a waitlist spot for up to 4 seats (2 adult and 2 children). My question is - when the children reach 18 can you change these to adult seats?

I'm sure if they got seats as kids, then yes you can.

Not sure what happens if they become adults whilst on the waiting list. I say call the club and ask them.

I called them and asked about what heppens if we have a third child, the membership person I spoke to said just to call up and they can make a note on the membership

This, i don't get.

Now i would like to see 60,000 seats and then boxes on top of that figure. Westcoast would pull just under capacity most games with no more than 5,000 seats free when we are up and about and then it would be sold out against Fremantle and for big games against the big victorian sides.

70,000 seats will sell out for Derby's and Finals, thats it.

As I much I hate the idea of the stadium at Burswood (it would be better at Kitchener Park), wherever the stadium is built it needs to be built for the next 100 years or so. A 60,000 seat stadium is a short-term fix only and is narrow minded. Perth and WA are the fastest growing economy in the country and we also have the biggest population growth in the country. The growth is so much so that we are rivalling Brisbane population wise and could overtake them this century. So it's important we take several factors into account.

When the ground is eventually built this is the last chance we'll get at a decent size stadium for the next century as other infrastructure issues will take priority (they are starting to already). It needs to be at least 65,000 seats with the capacity to go to 75,000 towards the end of the current century. With the "In the Wings" members, corporates, general public, opposition supporters and neutral supporters, Eagles games could easily crack 50,000 in my opinion if we had the capacity right now. I was at the game against Hawthorn, there was just over 40,000 there and the place looked pretty full. Add another 6,000 or so "In The Wings" members plus others and you're looking at at least 50K already.

As I much I hate the idea of the stadium at Burswood (it would be better at Kitchener Park), wherever the stadium is built it needs to be built for the next 100 years or so.

Exaggeration much?

Stadium technology and needs will be drastically different in 25 years, let alone 100.

If you truly want to plan for a 100 years - building a 75,000 seat stadium in the middle of suburbia on a footprint barely able to cope with 40,000 is laughable.

Not to mention that in 100 years rectangular sports and other requirements could be built around the new stadium, thus having dedicated infrastructure servicing multiple sports and events.

Rather than having to have indiviualised infrastructure servicing every venue, it makes sense to centralise it.

Yep. In trying to find an answer to your question, I stumbled upon the following. The link may have been posted before.

http://www.perthstadium.com.au

A bit off-topic, but I'm an in-the-wings member and I understand 1 ITW membership entitles you to a waitlist spot for up to 4 seats (2 adult and 2 children). My question is - when the children reach 18 can you change these to adult seats?

When my family signed up for ITW my brother and I were both under 18 and 'children', now 6 years later and we are both consession/adults. Last year we asked the club what the go was and they said that was fine as we signed up as children, so i'm guessing it would be the same.

The Stadium size will be 165m x 130m and face East / West . Hope that is the same size as Subiaco oval and the WA Government have allowed 375 Million in the Budget over the next two years .Stadium to hold 60 000 but hopeful to upgrade to 80 000 at some stage .

The Stadium size will be 165m x 135m and face East / West . Hope that is the same size as Subiaco oval and the WA Government have allowed 375 Million in the Budget over the next two years .

It is shorter than Subi by at least 10 metres.

The Stadium size will be 165m x 130m and face East / West . Hope that is the same size as Subiaco oval and the WA Government have allowed 375 Million in the Budget over the next two years .Stadium to hold 60 000 but hopeful to upgrade to 80 000 at some stage .

It is shorter than Subi by at least 10 metres.

MCG measures 173.6 long x 148.3 metres wide

Subi is 175 x 122.

So basically, this stadium is 10 metres shorter and bang in the middle between MCG and Subi as far as width goes.

I wonder if this is a good thing or not

Docklands playing field is 159 x 130m (the oval itself is 170 x 140m though). I assume they chose the dimensions to save money, but I think it is disappointing they don't retain the Subiaco dimensions.

stadium MUST be NORTH/SOUTH orientation!!!

Anyone who has ever sat in the south, south/east, or eastern end of the ground will tell you that an east/west orientation is awful, not just for spectators, but players too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/perths-new-footy-stadium-could-hold-80000-20120507-1y8ll.html

Burswood-Aerial-700px.jpg

1_Article_Burswood-Stadium-420x0.jpg

I'm not seeing any explanation of the orientation, and that picture really doesn't make me feel that N-S is impossible....unless they think it would be somehow getting too close to the GF Fwy?

(or they genuinely are letting it be dictated by cricket?)

stadium MUST be NORTH/SOUTH orientation!!!

Anyone who has ever sat in the south, south/east, or eastern end of the ground will tell you that an east/west orientation is awful, not just for spectators, but players too.
Unbelievable. You won't get the bonus sky-scraper reflection that makes the east-west docklands oh-so wonderful, but it will still suck.

To think 'they' figured what the sun does in the northern and southern hemispheres oodles of years ago, yet we can't figure out that both teams playing into the sun for half just produces shit games.

Unbelievable. You won't get the bonus sky-scraper reflection that makes the east-west docklands oh-so wonderful, but it will still suck.

To think 'they' figured what the sun does in the northern and southern hemispheres oodles of years ago, yet we can't figure out that both teams playing into the sun for half just produces shit games.

Docklands is predominantly north/south

MCG is east/west for football

argument in pieces me thinks

Docklands is predominantly north/south

MCG is east/west for football

argument in pieces me thinks
Docklands is the newer stadium.
MCG built hundreds of years ago and would never change orientation if they could because of tradition, blah blah blah.

Falcon what is your counter-argument for the players looking into the sun with an east-west orientation? If it is north south the only time the sun would be in their eyes is during a switch of play across half-back. But east/west means that they stare right into it.

Docklands is the newer stadium.
MCG built hundreds of years ago and would never change orientation if they could because of tradition, blah blah blah.

Falcon what is your counter-argument for the players looking into the sun with an east-west orientation? If it is north south the only time the sun would be in their eyes is during a switch of play across half-back. But east/west means that they stare right into it.

It's a pain in the arse - but as stated - this isn't a football stadium, it's a multi purpose stadium. And if we are to believe the reports, the ICC want an east/west stadium.

Barnett has stated that it is supposedly the fan's stadium - which would mean that a east/west stadium has less people looking into the sun by virtue of the having the shortest side facing West.

In addition - the ground with the most atrocious viewing conditions is Etihad when the roof is open - the shadow's cast make it barely viewable.

All of that in addition to obvious techincal issues such as media centre's needing to be centralised.

I think it is all good just hurry it up , 2017 start would be better . The East / West allignment is fine , it means the grass will get the best sun available with the stands around , Etihad has major grass growth problems due to the North / South alignment and the stands , the new Worsfold Stadium wont have the same problems I hope . You need a good surface and with stands shading grounds nowadays this is good it is East / West .

The Perth Bowl?

Yech. Bowls are for breakfast. Swan Stadium is the best of that lot.

Swan Stadium isn't bad - and I would prefer it to the Perth Bowl, but I don't think that is too bad either.

I'm torn between having one of the funky names like "Stadium of Light" or "Birdsnest" etc etc and actually using the name Perth in it - which advertises our city.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread New Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back