New Team in 2011, How will it affect fantasy??

Remove this Banner Ad

Just suck it up and cop the zero. Anyone calling for drastic changes are just looking for an escape. Everyone is in the same boat. If you plan your team well around the fixtures, and take advantage with the dual positioning, then for the most part you'll do fine. If you're stupid enough to have 3+ players from one side next year then you suffer. Simple as that. Next year will probably be the best year of DT because coaches will be forced to look at players that previously they would never have picked, simply because they're forced to have an even spread from every club.

more importantly (or maybe not) is what is going to happen to teams which have two byes per year?
if there are still 22 rounds, thats 6 teams which will have two byes and 10 which will not.. How do they factor into premiership points??

after the gold coast have now become official. how will this effect dream team points. there will be 17 teams. one team has to have a buy every week. therefore you will cop zeros in our dream teams .. does anyone no what will happen?
Ideas people...

Start playing head to head a week earlier (round 3 instead of round 4 ) and when a team has a bye and u happen to have those players in your team their average score will get added to your overall score.

I've been trying not to think about it too much. I'm just enjoying this year and hoping next year is still as fun as it was with 16 teams.

I can't see em stopping it for a year as its a pretty popular game at the moment 250,000 in dt and 350,000 in sc if they did it would be a very stupid thing to do they will think of something.

Another thing DT'ers will have to think about next year is what happens with the team that has the bye first round. You won't be able to confidently pick any of their players without knowing their final line up for Round 1. Which could be a bad thing. For instance, what if Richmond had the bye this year. You could never pick any of their young rookies without final team lists.

This could be offset by the fact that the Gold Coast will have a lot of rookie players. And at rookie prices with a lot of them getting games, the majority of people's cash cows may come from this team. But then with byes introduced, when GC have a bye, then so do most of the rookies you have selected. So there will be a lot f things to consider come next year.

Some weeks there will be 3 teams (maybe more) that have byes, as all teams must play an even amount of games and as there is only 22 (maybe 24) rounds. So what they will probably do is each team has a bye the first 17 rounds, then pretty much til the end of the season 3 teams per round have a bye.

Since this option doesn't really work out I can see the AFL having 5 bye teams for a couple rounds which may make the schedule work out, I am not sure yet I havent given it a lot of thought. But it will make it really hard for dreamteam in rounds where there is 3 possibly even 5 teams having byes.

Assuming they don't change too much, possibly more DP players and extra trades, the way coaches select teams & trade will be the biggest change.

Similar to EPL the draw becomes a huge factor and team management is a big issue.

I could see 30 trades with 3 pw max being set by VS. They need to keep it very simple as 200K of players just want to spend 5 mins a week on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Team in 2011, How will it affect fantasy??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back