NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the responses guys, it's a tough decision. Bills and Giants are probably the frontrunners now (sorry Galactic). Have the bills got much hope in the next 5 years, being in a pretty hard division?

Would be handy if One showed the patriots bills game this week, sure that wont happen though.

Dolphins went 1-15, next year they won their division (which included the Pats coming off a 16-0 season, and the Jets after gaining Favre)

so don't pick a team on how good you expect them to be in the future

you never know

the Bills might be the best team in the NFL next year, you don't know

so pick a team you like, instead of searching for success

when I decided on the Falcons I was tossing up with the Cards, if I wanted success I would of picked the Cardinals, because they were on track for playoffs, and they ended up losing the superbowl, but I picked the Falcons, I liked them more, and now they're the ones succeeding, quite a bit better then the Cardinals

All I'm trying to say is, a team might be shit now, they might be good now, but next year, or beyond that could change quite fast.

So go with your heart, be that Bills, or be that Giants, pick the one that suits you better, because searching for success is not a gauruntee. You could of gone with the Cowboys or Vikings at the beginning of this year expecting success, but it could all go shit very fast. So don't let success decide anything for you, the NFL is that close, that it's very hard to sustain

the dolphins winning in 2008 had a lot to do with brady going down in the first quarter of the week 1 game, and the same season i think the bills started 5-0. but every year is a change look at the bucks and Vikes/Cowboys

Would be handy if One showed the patriots bills game this week, sure that wont happen though.

A decent internet connection and some handy links you could find here some place, would not require a broadcast on one hd to see a particular nfl game.;)

atdhe.net
that one is great, 1-4 games on every NFL game, and most college games (some FCS too)

some are real great quality
some are ok
some come in before nfl game center is updated
some after

but overall, it's great

though, sometimes the NFL cuts the games late, in the Falcons-Steelers game to start the year, the feed got cut just as overtime begun :(

the dolphins winning in 2008 had a lot to do with brady going down in the first quarter of the week 1 game, and the same season i think the bills started 5-0.

That's highly likely considering the Fins actually got FLOGGED 28-48 to the Pats in Florida :p... but the Steelers had to bring their A-game to defeat the Pats even with Cassel behind centre. Pats lost to Jets in OT, a narrow low scoring affair to the Colts and lost quite convincingly to the Chargers & Fins (Week 3). very stiff to miss the Play-offs with a 11-5 record. Miami had a better conference record, 8-4 to 7-5 to clinch the Division and the Ravens (same conference record) to get the Last Wildcard.

Funnily enough, the Pats got humbled by the 8-8 Chargers (30-10), who claimed the division over the 8-8 Broncos (based on superior Division record).

hi guys, ive been following the nfl on and off for the majority of the last few years. I seem to take a keen interest towards the end of the general season and the playoffs. I have done the same this year, but thanks to OneHD ive had good access to a number of games. I was wondering if you could help me choose a team, as many of you woodson, gg etc seem to have a keen knowledge about the sport. If it helps, i am a collingwood supporter, but what i really love about sport is the atmosphere and comraderie between supporters and the team. I am stuck on a equivalent, but as much as i will sound like a bandwagon supporter, the Pats have taken me in. It seems whenever i start watching the game on tv they are playing. My fathersfrom Boston, though he went for the Bills :(. I dont want to make that choice haha. The ravens in this thread have been very popular though the only reason i would follow them is coz of the movie The Blind Side. I think the pats might become my team, coz the NY Jets have a few too many supporters. I would greatly appreciate any opinions (hopefully unbiased) to help me find a team that i will become passionate about, coz at the moment i am ust passionate about the sport in general. Also if the pats are the team to go with, what players should i look out for this play offs? Gronkowski does look like a gun. Thanks so much for your help

p.s. whatever success comes the pats way this season i wont be celebrating, dont think thats the right thing to do. Cheers

Go the Bills and make your dad proud!
Or go for New England cos your dads from Boston.
I wonder why a Bostonite is a Bills fan tho?
Patriots are just as popular as a new team to barrack for as Jets, Ravens.
Just cos a team is on TV a lot doesn't mean one "should" go for them.
If you're a Collingwood fan, there might be affinity with Patriots in the same way -- they get a lot of exposure.
Like everyone says tho, ultimately choosing a team that is YOURS comes from time and reading about every team's history (wikipedia).
A team will 'speak' to you eventually.
You can always have several teams you like/support in your first few seasons as a new NFL fan, and just see in time which ends up 'the one'.

In the end, no matter what team you support, there's never a right or wrong one. Becoming a lover of american football is the more important thing.

I jumped on the Pats at the start of this year and haven't regretted it at all. Like GG said there will be one team which will speak to you and you should go with your instinct.

The Patriots will always have good exposure while we have Tom as our QB and if you like high scoring teams than you should look at teams like the Pats, Indianopolis, San Diego and Philly.

The style of play will probably sway you too so look for teams which suit your favourite style of play whether it be high scoring or smashmouth defence.

The Patriots are a great choice and sure you will be labelled as a bandwagoner but hey, we have the best player in the league, the best young CB in the league and guy with a mad nickname. (The Law Firm)

:thumbsu:
I jumped on the Pats at the start of this year and haven't regretted it at all. Like GG said there will be one team which will speak to you and you should go with your instinct.

The Patriots will always have good exposure while we have Tom as our QB and if you like high scoring teams than you should look at teams like the Pats, Indianopolis, San Diego and Philly.

The style of play will probably sway you too so look for teams which suit your favourite style of play whether it be high scoring or smashmouth defence.

The Patriots are a great choice and sure you will be labelled as a bandwagoner but hey, we have the best player in the league, the best young CB in the league and guy with a mad nickname. (The Law Firm)

feels great to join the team! :) nice to be on board. Cant say i disagree with with the mad nickname either! got Pats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi guys, ive been following the nfl on and off for the majority of the last few years.
p.s. whatever success comes the pats way this season i wont be celebrating, dont think thats the right thing to do. Cheers

I don't have gripes with new team fans who appear suddenly before the play-offs start who are candid about their interest. Since you've been paying attention to the games the Pats are playing, I think you'll appreciate the NE Pats thread where pot shots of bandwagoners will be extremely limited compared to the open NFL forum.. where I have some hunchmen lurking in the shadows. ;)

Most people's issues with bandwagoners extend from them trying to come across as experts (repeating statistics does not make you an expert) or just spamming about highlights or how great their team is.

Think we all would love more company here, but if you're not here to analyse and discuss the NFL, enjoy the competitions available and have a good time then I don't know why your here. Don't need to feel intimidated if your watching the games or have a genuine interest in the game instead of a genuine interest of bragging and being an ass.

Most people's issues with bandwagoners extend from them trying to come across as experts (repeating statistics does not make you an expert) or just spamming about highlights or how great their team is.

Think we all would love more company here, but if you're not here to analyse and discuss the NFL, enjoy the competitions available and have a good time then I don't know why your here. Don't need to feel intimidated if your watching the games or have a genuine interest in the game instead of a genuine interest of bragging and being an ass.
So basically don't be **** when we win the SB.:cool:

Patriots with Vinny 3-0
Patriots without Vinny 0-3

therefore, you will not win another Superbowl untill Adam's children come to New England, enjoy the next 20 years of nothing, Pat fans :)

Patriots with Vinny 3-0
Patriots without Vinny 0-3

therefore, you will not win another Superbowl untill Adam's children come to New England, enjoy the next 20 years of nothing, Pat fans :)
Oh Riggles.

At least we will make a superbowl in the next 20 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back