NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Yesterday was the first NFL game I've watched in full and I absolutely loved it. Need a team, seeing as I go for Portland in the NBA, are there any teams in that area to follow?

If not I'll probably go for Arizona, just cause..
8dWiaVJ.jpg

Fitzgerald could well be a Salary cap casualty. ;)

Glad you enjoyed your first NFL game in full. Patience is the name of the game.. won't be pretty all the time. :straining:

I can't recall which actual game was my first full NFL game but can confirm it took me a good part of FIVE years (from the mid 80's) to find my team and got them at their lowest ebb.. :) No bandwagoning!! :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Portland also has a large, if not larger, raiders following
Could you give me a short summery of Oakland, Seattle and Arizona? They're the three teams I've nailed it down to.

Thought this was a wise comment by a Raiders fan (objectively, we are the most intelligent and knowledgeable).....

--------

Sports fanbases are like a sense of smell. They only react to change. Live long enough in a pile of crap, soon enough, it only smells like home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That 70s Show more Green Bay than Happy Days btw. Often mentioned and shown. In Happy Days seldom football mentioned. Also Chicago there's that other sit com with the belushi brother. Often mentioned and shown the Bears
According to Jim? Roseanne is another one for the Bears

After doing some research, I reckon Oakland is the team for me. Going to wait until next season when I can watch some games before I commit.

Damian Lillard's hometown :thumbsu:

I'll tell you what is kind of surprising.....there's not a lot of Niners fans on this board, or around in general. They're a top franchise in terms of SB wins, and have always in the last 30 years been strong, generally made playoffs, or been a decent competitive club at least, never been downright woeful like the bottom fell out like what happened to the mighty Raiders, or the Bills post-Levy, and their merchandise is always plentiful in Australia compared to other teams. Basically, the Niners should be as popular as the Cowboys in Australia and on BigFooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back