NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with bandwagoning...........where's all the Cowboys fans at.

:thumbsdown:

Nevermind the Cowboy fans... did you bother getting up early to watch the early Divisional play-offs games?

You didn't ?? o_O

Come on Man!! That's just cheap to call out the Cowboy fans.

:thumbsdown:

Nevermind the Cowboy fans... did you bother getting up early to watch the early Divisional play-offs games?

You didn't ?? o_O

Come on Man!! That's just cheap to call out the Cowboy fans.

Should i have included Cinci fans too?

Cowboys fans have gotten used to this. 8-8 is what they've been...and as long as Jerry is running the show, what they'll continue to be. Until fans quit packing the Death Star, paying $75 to park their cars, forking over $8.50 for beers, and gobbling up $90 pizzas, not to mention all the Cowboys merchandise bought....the status quo will remain, with no light at the end of the tunnel.

They're in a terrible position....on the cusp of the playoffs every year, jerking off their fans with post season promise, then pulling the rug out with a Week 17 loss or..... at best, a 1st round playoff roadie in which they'll get promptly stomped. This is why Jerry is a big advocate of having another Wild Card team in the playoffs. Perfect for his band of mediocrity...this is the only way the Cowboys can make the post season!!!! Good Lord, I hope the NFL doesn't do this. The playoffs are perfect as is. Leave well enough alone!!!!

Still, Cowboys are in the Top sports franchises....globally. Only Man U, Real Madrid, and the Yankees are worth more. Jerry bought the team for a $140M in 1989.....Cowboys now worth $1.85B. But he's not cashing out any time soon. He loves being owner and running everything. He takes criticism of the team well, but bristles at any mention of being a crappy General Manager. Meanwhile, Cowboy fans have nothing to look forward to. Zip. Good thing for them there's about 7 months till training camp. By then, hopes will rise and there will be a few tweaks here and there, giving a glimmer of promise to fans that NEXT season could be better. But I'll call it right now (really going out on a limb here)...Cowboys 2014 season------->hmmmmm, yep....8-8. They'll be, like the Dirty Bird said.....enjoying (another) off-season.

They're in a terrible position....on the cusp of the playoffs every year, jerking off their fans with post season promise, then pulling the rug out with a Week 17 loss or..... at best, a 1st round playoff roadie in which they'll get promptly stomped. This is why Jerry is a big advocate of having another Wild Card team in the playoffs. Perfect for his band of mediocrity...this is the only way the Cowboys can make the post season!!!! Good Lord, I hope the NFL doesn't do this. The playoffs are perfect as is. Leave well enough alone!!!!

My favourite thing about this post is, listening to the Around The League podcast this morning, Jerry Jones announced that they have retained Monte Kiffin!! So coordinator for one of the worst defenses ever keeps his job.....excellent way to keep this franchise mediocre and irrelavant!! Love it.

Statistically, the WORST defense in the NFL.....may have given up the most yards in NFL history (not positive on that but they were flirting with it). The Kiffin thing was discussed widely on the Dallas sports radio station, which I listen to daily. I think Jerry's reasoning was along the lines of "....it could take a year for his defensive players to adjust to Kiffin's schemes...." I can sort of see this. Sort of. Running a new guy in there for the third straight year would just confuse these guys even more.....so they want to try some continuity...I guess??? Ugh.....Cowboys aren't my top team but I feel for their fans.

How can you go past the mighty 49ers!! Storied franchise with a rich history, it's all about the D... come out west to the coast with the most...
San Fran "all about the D"

Truer words have never been spoken.

How can you go past the mighty 49ers!! Storied franchise with a rich history, it's all about the D... come out west to the coast with the most...
Haha!

Hey mate, didn't even realise it was you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking about following the NFL, any team suggestions?
Don't pick a team arbitrarily, spend the first few weeks watching games and you'll find one you just latch onto.

Thinking about following the NFL, any team suggestions?

Mighty Seattle Seahawks. Current Superbowl Champions. Young, brash, confident team (especially our defence). Loudest and one of the most intimidating places to go in the league. You may get called a glory hunter but at the end of the day, if you stick by us through thick and thin, then who gives a crap.

Check out our Superbowl entrance video to wet your appetite.

Mighty Seattle Seahawks. Current Superbowl Champions. Young, brash, confident team (especially our defence). Loudest and one of the most intimidating places to go in the league. You may get called a glory hunter but at the end of the day, if you stick by us through thick and thin, then who gives a crap.

Check out our Superbowl entrance video to wet your appetite.

I really like Richard Sherman, but don't want to go for the side that just won it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back