News New Western Bulldogs Jumper Announced (NAB Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's okay I guess... personally I don't think blue and red go well together when red is the dominating colour, but it looks alright.
Just not sure what shorts would go with the top... not sure I like the blue ones in that pic.

West Perth has a classy looking guernsey (red with a blue sash). I think it would look fine (probably better) with white shorts.

Still, while I think it's a decent look, it's probably my bronze medallist of the new Bulldogs' designs.

You guys are aware this is only a NAB Cup jumper, yeah? They've got a white variant that will be their clash.
So what, the level of the competition alters leniency on design? Taste is not reliant on "oh, it's just a pre-season jumper". A good jumper is a good jumper, regardless of the competition it comes from. The Hawks Diamond top is pretty much the worst AFL jumper ever. Yet it is a pre-season jumper. Should we give them a break because of the comp it appeared in? No.

This was my suggestion from previously...a few differences (collar, cuffs mainly) but the red jumper with the white shorts, to see how it looks. Don't worry too much about the socks, I'm guessing they'd use the mainly white clash ones or something??? But the guernsey/shorts combo looks like this:

scaled.php

This was my suggestion from previously...a few differences (collar, cuffs mainly) but the red jumper with the white shorts, to see how it looks. Don't worry too much about the socks, I'm guessing they'd use the mainly white clash ones or something??? But the guernsey/shorts combo looks like this:

scaled.php

Can't remember if they're doing this, but I would imagine it would be pretty easy for the Bulldogs to just make the socks in the exact same style of the guernsey. After all, those are the socks they wore with the guernsey originally (blue with a red and white hoop in the middle). I reckon it would look good, too.

So what, the level of the competition alters leniency on design? Taste is not reliant on "oh, it's just a pre-season jumper". A good jumper is a good jumper, regardless of the competition it comes from. The Hawks Diamond top is pretty much the worst AFL jumper ever. Yet it is a pre-season jumper. Should we give them a break because of the comp it appeared in? No.

Um, that's not my point. My point is some people seem to think THIS jumper is the clash jumper, and not the white variant. FWIW, I do think the jumper is as fugly as can be, and am amazed at the positive reaction it is getting (I do like their new home and clash guernseys however).

Not terrible looking by any means. As mentioned above, blue being dominated by red can be a real eyesore. Not an awful design, just as a clash-y set of colours.

Didn't like Fitzroy in the 1975-96 era? ;)

I know what you're saying though. The contrast between red and royal blue is poor, it isn't easy on the eyes and can even generate a faux 3D look.

It's hard to tell for certain without having seen them in action, but the red does look a bit overpowering for my tastes. So long as it's just an NAB Cup jumper though, I guess I don't really mind it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a clash strip. Unless I'm mistaken, the Dogs will be wearing the home jumper with white shorts for away games.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Western Bulldogs Jumper Announced (NAB Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back