Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah well, it's better than Flacco.....

Stating the obvious but the Lions game and then the Jags game on Friday are must win games too. I don't have a good feeling...

Looks like the Jets will end the season on the outside looking in at the playoffs. Gone 1-3 in the last month. The Lions were pretty hot coming into the game this morning and took advantage of a mistake by the defence to score the winning touchdown. Wilson cracked 300 yards, but only completed a tick over 50% of his attempted passes and threw an interception at an inopportune moment. Wilson definitely left completions out on the field this morning. Couldn't get the ground game going to take pressure off Zach Wilson. Special teams let the Lions score a touchdown on a punt return (second time this season the special teams allowed the opponent to score a touchdown on a special teams play). Clock management on the last drive was terrible - didn't use all the timeouts at Saleh's disposal.

The Jets are now at the point of the season where they need to start relying on other teams doing right by the Jets to increase their chances of getting into the playoffs. That's never a good situation.

I imagine that since the Jets are playing on Thursday night, Saleh will keep Zach Wilson as the starting QB, because I doubt they'll let White play on a short week and Flacco should already have retired by now.

I think it's fairly clear that the off-season priorities should be:

• Finding a veteran QB in free agency to either be the starter next year or to back up Mike White and be able to take over from White in the event White gets injured and/or turns into a pumpkin;
  • Trading Zach Wilson for something, because he's not good enough to be the starter in New York for the long term;
  • Upgrading the offensive line, through either free agency and/or the draft (zero production out of Becton in the last two years, and the Jets' offensive line has not held up well in the last few weeks through injuries to key linemen at bad points in time);
  • Finding some more linebackers to shore up the defence.

This ******* team. Jesus Christ.

Perfectly summed up.:tearsofjoy:

Defense didnt allow shit all day and decide to let a 4th and 1 play to go 60 yards to the house and Saleh's clock management on that final drive. 🤦‍♂️

Zach was still pretty crap outside 3 or 4 really good throws but you cant put the loss on him today. Offense just runs so much smoother with White. Unfortunately he cant stay healthy and I agree with Dixie, Jets need to find a veteran QB.

Zach Wilson completed 18 of 35 passes for 317 yards and two touchdowns -- the second-highest yardage total in his career.

He averaged 14.5 air yards on his completions, the highest for any quarterback with 15-plus completions in a game since Russell Wilson in 2012, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

I thought Zach Wilson was decent today besides that dumbfounding interception. Still a couple of poor throws (dropping checkdown passes at the receivers feet, overthrowing Berrios/Wilson) but made some pretty good passes to get us back in the game too.

Special Teams again let us down allowing a punt ret TD, defense were extremely solid but still gave up three 4th down conversions including that final go-ahead TD.

Ultimately this is a year of almosts with the 2 Pats games, the Vikings game, this Lions game - but the future is bright with our core of 1-3 year players to build around.

I agree with Dixie's post above 100%. The other thing I would do is look at our conditioning staff, it felt like we suffered 2-3 injuries every week to key personnel. Some can't be helped (particularly the concussions) but it felt like every week we would lose another couple of guys. Our O-line specifically needs beefing up.

Zach Wilson completed 18 of 35 passes for 317 yards and two touchdowns -- the second-highest yardage total in his career.

He averaged 14.5 air yards on his completions, the highest for any quarterback with 15-plus completions in a game since Russell Wilson in 2012, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Its the same as always with Wilson, he can make some big throws but just cant do the simple things. So frustrating to watch. 18-35 wont get the job done. Teams are just loading the box to stop the run and making him try to beat them now.

Last edited:
Same old Jets.... F*** me....

Always when we need it most, the strengths of the team fail. That 4th down TD. Unacceptable. Greg the Leg has his worst attempt on that FG after his brilliant season. Unacceptable.

Zach was a total mixed bag in that one. That's also unacceptable if we are going to go anywhere.

Doesn't matter, this team is freaking cursed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list of QB busts with a worse record would be 100x longer . It is a cute/funny stat tho.
Trevor Lawrence would have about as bad a record too over 21 games abd I reckon he's headed for a great career. Wilson I still have faith in, he just needs to go to a team that will let him loose like Brett Favre. Favre had a bad attitude at Atlanta, off field and wouldnt study, slacking off, had trouble even at Green Bay with study habits and wanting to sling it.

Trevor Lawrence would have about as bad a record too over 21 games abd I reckon he's headed for a great career. Wilson I still have faith in, he just needs to go to a team that will let him loose like Brett Favre. Favre had a bad attitude at Atlanta, off field and wouldnt study, slacking off, had trouble even at Green Bay with study habits and wanting to sling it.

You know the whole win/loss thing doesnt mean much at all. The proof is in the film. Lawrence wasn't good last year but he showed numerous flashes. The only game that ive seen that from Zach was against the Bucs at the end of his rookie year. He does need to go somewhere else for a fresh start. Somewhere low key, perhaps sit behind a vet for a year or two like Jordan Love has, he looked a completely different player to what we had seen previously when he came in to replace Rodgers against the Eagles.

You know the whole win/loss thing doesnt mean much at all. The proof is in the film. Lawrence wasn't good last year but he showed numerous flashes. The only game that ive seen that from Zach was against the Bucs at the end of his rookie year. He does need to go somewhere else for a fresh start. Somewhere low key, perhaps sit behind a vet for a year or two like Jordan Love has, he looked a completely different player to what we had seen previously when he came in to replace Rodgers against the Eagles.
Yeah, he may be the type who needs a year or two just to sit and learn, due to being a slow learner/developer. Unlike say Herbert who proved to be a very quick learner/developer despite being just as raw.

The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt believes Mike White's chances of starting for the Jets in 2023 may hinge on his performance in Week 17 and Week 18.​

"White is a free agent this offseason. Whether it’s for the Jets or someone else, these last two games will go a long way toward determining whether White is a viable option as a starter," Rosenblatt said. White will return from his rib injury in Week 17 against the Seahawks, and will presumably finish out the season with a Week 18 start against Miami. A vast upgrade over failed first-round pick Zach Wilson, White could convince the Jets to bring him back on a short-term contract if he guts out a couple wins to close the year. White hasn't been particular good, with the league's ninth lowest completion rate over expected, but he's New York's best QB option for now. White has plenty of streaming appeal this week against a weak Seattle secondary.

I dont think hes starting next year no matter what happens, in two seasons White has proven he can play, but also that he cant stay healthy. Hes a high quality backup. I couldn't even call him a bridge QB given the amount of games hes missed.

Man thats some tough home games for jets next year.

The only ones that scream out as being really difficult are KC and Philly - the two South divisions is pretty decent, were always gonna play Buffalo and Washington and the Chargers don't worry me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back