Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Full disclosure, I haven't looked at the cap and contracts etc. yet before typing this for viability and I don't condone illegal tampering.

But the Jets should be illegally tampering with Lamar right now.

Have drafted good young pieces outside of QB, throw the chips in if the Ravens aren't going to.

Ravens will franchise tag him, no way they just let him walk out the door in free agency.

Ravens will franchise tag him, no way they just let him walk out the door in free agency.

Around $45m+ for the exclusive isn't it?

IF they can't work out a long term and that's the other option, I can envisage a separation.

Though more likely the Ravens cave.

I wondered why Saleh didn't push harder for Garoppolo when he was available for trade. Would have been familiar with him from his days as the 49ers DC. Jimmy G isn't anywhere near the tier of Allen or Mahomes, but he would be the best QB to have played for the Jets since Favre (Fitzpatrick caught lightning in a bottle the season he set the franchise records and regressed to the mean the following season).

It wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders cut Derek Carr in the off-season, or at least offer him for trade around the league. I could see the Jets signing him in the off-season.
Omg not Carr FFS. Would rather go for Jameis, Baker or Andy Dalton

The Jets are bordering on becoming a very good team in the not too distant, but yes evidence continues to mount up that ZW is not the guy. I'd still give him thus year to turn it around. The question is do you trade for a QB, draft one, or take an upgrade in the FA market as a short term swing.

Even the homer Jet fans are starting to turn on Zach. Lets see what Chris Simms says, will he continue to ignore the obvious and try and protect his draft rankings like hes done up til this point?
He was overthrowing/missing wide open guys on screen passes. Disgusting. Put a fork in him.

The Jets are bordering on becoming a very good team in the not too distant, but yes evidence continues to mount up that ZW is not the guy. I'd still give him thus year to turn it around. The question is do you trade for a QB, draft one, or take an upgrade in the FA market as a short term swing.
We just need a competent QB to compete. Our defense did more than enough today, even an average QB would've seen us romp it in.

Around $45m+ for the exclusive isn't it?

IF they can't work out a long term and that's the other option, I can envisage a separation.

Though more likely the Ravens cave.

I meant it as in you will have to trade for him if you want him, not sure the Jets pick will be high enough

Even the homer Jet fans are starting to turn on Zach. Lets see what Chris Simms says, will he continue to ignore the obvious and try and protect his draft rankings like hes done up til this point?

Judging by what Garrett Wilson had to say post-match, more importantly, the receivers are turning on Wilson.

Garrett didnt point at Zach, more Saleh and coaches...."they gotta trust the receiving room"....says Zach is being micor-managed heavily, they see hes not yet good, so theyre holding him back, dont make turnovers, if its not there take the sack, throw it away, we can win run first, hand it off, throw that 5 yard curl every now and then ...

Zach has a gunslinger attitude, hero ball, and Saleh is coaching it out of him, turning him into a shell of a QB in the process to get the W's.

Remember Holmgren tried to beat it out of Favre, but gave up when Favre just kept doing what he preferred, and in the end it was for the better.

Garrett didnt point at Zach, more Saleh and coaches...."they gotta trust the receiving room"....says Zach is being micor-managed heavily, they see hes not yet good, so theyre holding him back, dont make turnovers, if its not there take the sack, throw it away, we can win run first, hand it off, throw that 5 yard curl every now and then ...

Zach has a gunslinger attitude, hero ball, and Saleh is coaching it out of him, turning him into a shell of a QB in the process to get the W's.

Remember Holmgren tried to beat it out of Favre, but gave up when Favre just kept doing what he preferred, and in the end it was for the better.

The key difference is that Wilson can't see open receivers and has no feel for the defence. He's okay (except for today) when he's not under pressure, but he turns to water when the defence start putting pressure on him. He's got the remainder of the season to salvage his job, because unless he turns it around between now and the end of the season, there's no way he's going to be gifted the starting job out of the starting gate next year - at best, he'll have to compete for it in pre-season; at worst, he's the backup.

Who do you start against the Bears then?

We should win either way next week, so do you go with ZW and hope he can get some confidence back, or do you give it to Mike White and let Wilson work on himself a bit.

Saleh has boxed himself into a corner a little bit with previous statements that Zach would be the starter for the rest of the season, barring injury. But the rest of the team is playing good football only to feel they're being let down by the quarterback. Big week for Saleh coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do agree with GG.exe to a degree, you didnt take him at two to be a ****ing game manager, if you wanted a game manager you should have taken Mac Jones.

If youre going to start him the rest of the season you might as well let him go down in flames doing it his way. Either that or just bench him now.

Coach Robert Saleh was non-committal Monday on whether Zach Wilson will start this Sunday's game against the Bears, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reports.

Per Cimini, the Jets plan to evaluate their QB situation in the coming days, with different scenarios potentially on the table. With that in mind, it's unclear whether the team would turn to Mike White or Joe Flacco if Saleh decides to replace Wilson this weekend, but either way this is a situation to monitor closely in the coming days.

Flacco was demoted to third string QB a few weeks ago, from memory. The Jets QB depth chart currently is Wilson, then White, then Flacco, with Streveler on the practice squad.

The issue that Saleh will need to manage is that Wilson publicly refused to take responsibility for the horrific output from the offence. As expected after Breece Hall went down, the combination of Carter and Robinson isn't getting things done (I think I saw a stat this morning that suggests that they average about 3.5 yards per carry whereas Hall was averaging 6 yards per carry before he suffered his injury), so opponents are starting to focus on stopping the run and forcing Wilson to beat them through the air. He was able to manage it well enough against the Bills, aided by a strangely porous Bills D-line that allowed the Jets to run on them in the fourth quarter, but hasn't done it twice now against the Patriots.

It seems like Saleh has not committed today to Wilson being the starter against the Bears.

A jets fan im subbed to on Youtube said it well yesterday, if a QB cant be benched and respond to that benching in a positive way (ie: work hard to be better) then he was never a franchise QB in the first place.

You look at someone like Tua when he was getting benched for Fitz. Hes responded (albeit im still not totally convinced but he looks a lot better now than he did then)

Now that I've calmed down (how does shit like that always happen to us against the Pats?) I really don't know what you do here now. I always thought you have to let it play out for the rest of the season for Zach but that performance was so bad (and that good from our D) now we just have to pick the best QB at this current time. We have 3 pretty poor options so I don't know.

I'll still take feeling angry than irrelevant I guess...

Jet players liking tweets criticising Zach for taking no responsibility for the loss in his press conference after the game, yeah nah, hes done for this year at minimum. The locker room is turning against him

I reckon Saleh gives him the start this week but he will be on the shortest leash imaginable, like getting yanked in the first quarter short.

It would not surprise me in the least if the Jets offer a decently sized deal to Jimmy G in the off-season. Saleh would be familiar with him from his time in SF and the 49ers want to go with Lance as their starting QB. Could also see the Jets asking the Packers what they want in exchange for Rodgers as Rodgers will almost surely agitate to leave GB after the season.

One good point there tho .... mac jones average depth of target was 4.6, the lowest this week across the league .... zach wilson average depth of target was 10.6, the third highest this week across the league .... all on an incredibly windy day where passing was difficult ... like skip bayless said of mayfield in that video ... "like bill walsh always said, give me rain any day over the wind, you can catch and throw in the rain, you cant in the wind" ..... patriots had a better game plan, short passing, whereas jets still tried to be vertical ... when you look at those plays from orlovsky, probably true on a good day those throws shouldve been thrown, not resist throwing them, but perhaps on such a windy day it was just a bad offensive gameplan by the jets.

Also good point that the young guys are talking too much....zach saying the wrong things, garrett acting like hes the boss, elijah acting like hes a seven time pro bowler who demands the ball or else trade me, etc ...too much talking, coach needs to reign them in, create a culture

Jets are 5-2 with Zach as starter

Orlovsky is wrong to say Wilson doesnt know the playbook based on one play where orlovsky himself is just making a false assessment of what that play entails read-wise whereas simms hinself has run versions of that play where read-wise where wilson went is correct progreasion.

in my little opinion i just reckon saleh etc need to just let zach be zach.

If there is one thing Dan Orlovsky knows is bad quarterback play. Career 2-10 winning record as a quarterback both years he got starts were lions 0-16 season and colts season they tanked to get luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back