New Zealand's tour of India (3 ODIs & 3 T20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like 320-330 will be par for the wc.

Dew will be impacting the games, already suggestions the game should start earlier to reduce it's impact.

I think we'll see multiple players scoring a double century in odi's in India. I'm glad Shubman did it with a great SR.

Unfortunately Sky and Kishan didn't help their chances of cementing an XI spot today. Sky had a good start but couldn't convert.

Possible WC team

1. Gill
2. Rohit (C)
3. Kohli
4. Iyer
5. KL (WK)
6. Pandya
7. Jadeja* otherwise Axar
8. Axar
9. Kuldeep
10. Siraj
11. Bumrah* otherwise Shami
* pending injury

A few options for India depending on the balance between seamers/spinners & low order batting. Playing 3 genuine seamers would make the tail pretty long. I prefer rolling the dice with 3 spinners, especially considering Hardik can play the 3rd seamer role & it lengthens the batting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bracewell given out lbw, he reviewed it but that looked plumb.

A shame he couldn't get us over the line, it would have been one of the greatest comebacks of all time from 131/6, still a great innings from him.

Given NZers are still whinging - in their usual style - about Brad Haddin for doing this it will be interesting to see if they're as scathing on Tom Latham.

looks like batting first 300 is a minimum in india, probably looking for 330 to feel like a 50/50 game. 350 to feel safe and anything over is a bonus.

Given NZers are still whinging - in their usual style - about Brad Haddin for doing this it will be interesting to see if they're as scathing on Tom Latham.

I don't recall NZ fans still whinging about that Haddin cheating controversy, I had actually forgotten about it, but what Haddin did was more blatant than what Latham did. Haddin's gloves were in front of the stumps when he took the ball and it was clearly not out while Latham's gloves were still behind the stumps and it was hard to tell if it was the ball that clipped the bails or it was Latham's gloves that clipped the bails.

The third umpire after numerous replays ruled that it was the ball that clipped the bails and not Latham's gloves but it could have gone either way.

Not sure how much is being made about it but Kishan's blatant cheating was gross to see.

The Indian commentators weren't happy with it and criticised him for it, I think he did it as a joke after the controversy with the Latham stumping in India's innings but he still went through with the appeal and the umpires had to review it which showed that he had deliberately knocked the bails off.

I don't recall NZ fans still whinging about that Haddin cheating controversy, I had actually forgotten about it, but what Haddin did was more blatant than what Latham did. Haddin's gloves were in front of the stumps when he took the ball and it was clearly not out while Latham's gloves were still behind the stumps and it was hard to tell if it was the ball that clipped the bails or it was Latham's gloves that clipped the bails.

The third umpire after numerous replays ruled that it was the ball that clipped the bails and not Latham's gloves but it could have gone either way.
Having the "privilege" of speaking regularly to some kiwis I can tell you they're still whinging about it.

Like with all their whinges about Australia they will conveniently be able to justify when a NZer does the same thing just as you have done here.

Having the "privilege" of speaking regularly to some kiwis I can tell you they're still whinging about it.

Like with all their whinges about Australia they will conveniently be able to justify when a NZer does the same thing just as you have done here.

It wasn't the same thing as Haddin's gloves were in front of the stumps and Latham's weren't, even the third umpire mentioned that Latham's gloves were behind the stumps when he was making his decision and that was a factor in him giving it out, if they were in front it would have been not out.

Remove this Banner Ad

New Zealand's tour of India (3 ODIs & 3 T20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back