South Africa v India Dec 10, 2023- Jan 4, 2024 3 T20s 3 ODIs 2 Tests

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't even understand about the first innings, it doesn't even feel like the pitch is THAT bowler heavy either.

South African fans celebrating a collapse of 6/0 yet they're 98 runs behind after already being dismissed for 55.

Has a test match ever been completed in one day?

What should they do mate, go back in time?

Get sad after each wicket?

Remember when they bowled Australia out for 47, they still had to make 200 to win that game after the two previous innings had just been dismissed for a combined 130: you can’t exactly sit there in silence

What should they do mate, go back in time?

Get sad after each wicket?

Remember when they bowled Australia out for 47, they still had to make 200 to win that game after the two previous innings had just been dismissed for a combined 130: you can’t exactly sit there in silence
They've now got 2.5 days to put on a batting clinic before they let India bat again if it turns out that was first innings bullshit and the pitch normalises :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South African fans celebrating a collapse of 6/0 yet they're 98 runs behind after already being dismissed for 55.

Has a test match ever been completed in one day?
Google check says fastest completed test match was in 1932, playing time was 5 hours and 53 minutes. Sth Africa bowled out for 36 and 45. Australia made 153.

Day 1: Sth. Africa 36. Australia 153. Sth. Africa 1/5
Day 2: no play
Day 3: rest day
Day 4: Sth Africa bowled out for 45 in 31 overs.

Google check says fastest completed test match was in 1932, playing time was 5 hours and 53 minutes. Sth Africa bowled out for 36 and 45. Australia made 153.

Day 1: Sth. Africa 36. Australia 153. Sth. Africa 1/5
Day 2: no play
Day 3: rest day
Day 4: Sth Africa bowled out for 45 in 31 overs.
Important to note (since this is a sport of pendatry) this is the fastest completed match by number of balls bowled with a finish - which is due to rain delay. If you include draws, Test matches | Team records | Shortest matches (by balls bowled) | ESPNcricinfo

I have no idea how they measure this (particularly given the lack of record keeping in the old days) but in terms of time this is officially the shortest tests Test matches | Team records | Shortest matches (by days) | ESPNcricinfo

The capacity of Newlands is 25k, I would say there would be at least 10 to 15k there, maybe more, hard to count them all watching on tv.
If they'd played this in Perth on a weekend I can guarantee you'd get a full house

Remove this Banner Ad

South Africa v India Dec 10, 2023- Jan 4, 2024 3 T20s 3 ODIs 2 Tests

Remove this Banner Ad

Back