NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL, peer fashion is a beautiful thing. You may win the admiration of your limited group of peers, everyone else thinks otherwise.
Can't argue with a fallacy.

Slightly disappointing, been wanting these for ages then see they still use the normal logos and leave the old vfl style monogram logos behind again. Was really hoping I could replace my White Sox cap with a Richmond one with just a simple RFC monogram instead it's a gigantic freaking R ready for the R is for "derogatory word for disabled person".

Myself in wet weather especially I'm quite fond of a well made cap, but honestly the club caps look ridiculous being worn outside a game by anyone over primary school age. Sadly the R design would still be a massive improvement I mean at least it's not plastered in ads, honestly feel like I should be getting paid to wear most club caps.

To clarify here I own 1 cap, before I even left the store I peeled the stickers off and bent the brim... Still had an annoying co-worker refer to me as "gangster" for wearing a baseball cap. Heaven forbid I'm just a sports fan.

Gotta laugh at some of the reactions from closed minded people who slam anything innovative. Seriously get your heads out of your arses, it's about time we are seeing new designs aimed at a younger demographic. Not everyone is like you old shits and wear those "media caps" (makes me cringe everytime).

- cue hate

WOW There a lot of old fuddy duddies on Bigfooty. I can picture them now, sitting at their desktop pc, lowes trackies eating baked beans and posting about how the young whipper snappers with their hats are ruining the world.

Gotta laugh at some of the reactions from closed minded people who slam anything innovative. Seriously get your heads out of your arses, it's about time we are seeing new designs aimed at a younger demographic. Not everyone is like you old shits and wear those "media caps" (makes me cringe everytime).

- cue hate
current afl hats are terrible

At least they're not this:
2012_first18_vintage_cap.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a big fan of these caps (especially the Collingwood ones) but I think this would look alright with the brim curved...

cpies.png

Yeah, I'm not a fan of teams making up monograms just for a hat. Just the magpie from their logo (minus the flags, wreath and 'Collingwood Football Club') would look fine.
That monogram isn't made up. It's the clubs heritage monogram (if that's what there called).

current afl hats are terrible
Exactly, current hats have advertising on both sides and the brim and in general look terrible while costing $35, $50 for a better quality and hopefully better designed cap is well worth it in my opinion.

If you dont like the gangster style just take the sticker off and curve the brim a bit? FFS its not that ******* hard.

My Sox cap is destickered and bent to a fine 90s style curvature, still have some annoying twat at work refer to me as being "gangster"... Really pisses me off more than it should.

That monogram isn't made up. It's the clubs heritage monogram (if that's what there called).
Out of curiosity here does every club well except say newer franchises made from thin air actually have one of these? Really seemed like the more logical choice compared to just a cartoon logo or a gigantic freaking letter R to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back