NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

154hmk4.gif

Wasn't trying to be funny; I was being serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Followed the thread with interest, especially the part regarding why people think it's acceptable to wear non-AFL merchandise around, but not AFL merchandise.

Is anybody else turned off by the advertising or is it just me? I went to pick up an Essendon polo recently and decided against it because I didn't want to be a walking billboard for TRUE VALUE SOLAR. The 49ers shirt I kick around in, on the other hand, has a a 49ers logo.. and that's it.

I understand why clubs have naming right sponsors. I, however, do not need one.

Motorsport fans look ridiculous, walking advertisements for oil and what not.

Meh not really my thing since I don't usually wear hats. They could have been designed better but they're not horrible.

coming from someone who regularly wears a chicago bulls or Tennessee titans snapback (no sticker, occasionally backwards) because i genuinely love basketball and watch a lot of nfl, these hats suck.
They should put writing on them rather than just a logo.

no i am not a douchebag

Yecccccch. Some of this "fashion" the US exports is f'ing embarrassing. Pants worn at anus level.....giant hats that cover the ears......ski hats when it's 100F.....and these stupid hats, where keeping the stickers/tags on and the brim flat is most important. Gotta' "keep it real." Excuse me, while I go vomit.

I wear hats often...but like the rest of my clothes, they actually fit. Prefer the "Franchise" hats. Cotton, fitted, simple. Would love a Geelong version of this....

I'm still keen, just ashame that the swans colours really don't suit a hat.

Port one looks fantastic. If they do monograms for Carlton that could look great too.

Should be standard issue for anyone in the coaches box.

View attachment 1679

Coaches should have to wear the full player uniform, like they do in baseball.

I think with the actual MLB baseball caps, sometimes it's a bit more understandable to not know anything about the team/sport. Like, someone could wear a Detroit Tigers cap, because their name is Daniel or something. Not really my thing, but fair enough, as far as I'm concerned. There's no excuse to be wearing NBA/NFL merchandise, if you don't know anything about the sport.

The problem with most of these caps are the logos they've chosen. Understated/classy is the way to go. A single colour, if possible. Good current AFL logos for the caps would be the Geelong cat silhouette (the one they have on their guernsey, not the one they've chosen to use), Carlton's, Fremantle's, GWS', Gold Coast's and Collingwood's. If you're going to use a picture, rather than a monogram, remove all the background stuff/shields etc. (as with Collingwood's and Geelong's) and just stick with the simple image of the magpie/cat.

Another issue I can see is that not many players will wear them. Maybe to the airport or something before a game, but Buddy is not going to wear a Hawthorn New Era hat when he's going up the road for a coffee. I can't see it happening. There's potential though; they just need to make the designs a bit classier.

50 bucks is way to over the top, but these days $50 for a teenager is chicken feed and why they charge so much.

Hence why these hats will be everywhere next year.

I can't wait for these, pity info about them on the New Era Facebook page has remained pretty scarce. A Hawthorn snapback will take pride of place in the middle of my hat wall

Remove this Banner Ad

NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back