NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

and about $25 in postage.
Got mine MLB caps off ebay for about $35 including postage.

They are great hats, keep your head warm in winter and cool in summer, The brims are a little bigger keeping the sun off, and are easy to shape as I don't like the home boy flat look. I have worn only 59Fifty hats for about 3 years now and would go as far as to see if I couldn't get them off ebay for $35 I would cop the $65 in Australia.

I wonder if any clubs will do an "on field" deal with New Era in the near future and have an on ground presence with the head wear?

I cannot stand the new era 59 fifty styling, I feel like elma thud when i wear one, IMO the 39 thirty by new era is a much better looking cap. maybe im just old http://www.lids.com/MLB/Texas-Rangers/20209164

Yeah I agree, I bought a 59fifty Richmond cap for my cousin for his birthday but he returned it because of the stiff peak/front of cap. The 39Thirty's are a much better traditional style and hopefully they will come out with more of these next year (some clubs seem to have them already as shown below although only available from the club store).

athletic%20cap%20400%20stevie.jpg

I'd purchase one as that seems to be the style and I have a few already of different varieties but those in particular in the OP look awfully cheap.

I'd expect better quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the 5950 because of the peak and the size.

It comes down more than other caps, but as someone who gets a number 1 or 2 all over when getting a haircut the more my head is protected the better.
The peak is bigger than any other cap I own, I get a 600ml bottle of water and wrap the peak around it and hold it for a couple of minutes and it shapes the peak like a 3930 so that fixes that problem.

Yes the 5950 is the home boy gangster rap cap, but if you remove the sticker shape them right they are in my opinion the most sun smart caps you can buy, and that's the reason I only buy 5950 caps now.

I understand that the hat will not suit everyone, I am just lucky that I like the caps when shaped properly:)

you can bend the peak on a 5950.

I did it.

so do most mlb baseballers.

The actual cap is a different shape though (stiffer and straighter at the front compared to the other one which is more fitted) not just the peak. The peak alone wouldn't bother me because as you say you can just bend it.

A Samboy style crinkle cut peak is where it's at.
600ml Bottle of water, Wrap it around that and try and smooth out the Triangle, hopefully the bend isn't too permanent and this will fix it.

Remove this Banner Ad

NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back