NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's the red! Is this our clash.. sorry heritage cap?
Just a NewEra design. All clubs have a black and white version like this with the logo on the front. There's also another version like this where the logos are gold.

Oh Jesus..
Some things just aren't sacred.
You're right, like a sports team's logo. Its not like they knocked down the Opera House to build a Upark. If you dont like it dont buy the hat...sick of Essendon fans being so precious about their logo/guernsey...get with the times gramps.

You're right, like a sports team's logo. Its not like they knocked down the Opera House to build a Upark. If you dont like it dont buy the hat...sick of Essendon fans being so precious about their logo/guernsey...get with the times gramps.

Nothing to do with the Essendon logo/guernsey, I was all for a clash guernsey, couldn't even care if it had a sash or not.
I just wish that Aussie sports would stop becoming so Americanised. Those hats look absolutely horrible.
Gramps lol, those hats were around when I was a kid, they looked bad back then, they do now ;)

Nothing to do with the Essendon logo/guernsey, I was all for a clash guernsey, couldn't even care if it had a sash or not.
I just wish that Aussie sports would stop becoming so Americanised. Those hats look absolutely horrible.
Gramps lol, those hats were around when I was a kid, they looked bad back then, they do now ;)
So forego an opportunity to make huge revenue off selling overpriced hats to idiots just because it reminds you of America? Im not a huge fan of the flat brim hats but they are becoming more and more popular and therefore it would be stupid for the AFL clubs not to jump on board. The AFL didnt update its merchandise in the 2000s and was still using 90s styling for everything which is why sales of non-guernseys were down.

The collingwood one is nice. Is that Richmond one you posted part of the 39thirty range?

Yeah it is - the guy at Kickz101 said the 39Thirty range is only available from the clubs at this stage (you can get the Richmond one off their club website store) but only some clubs have them depending on the different deals each club did with New Era on top of the standard ones they released. He also said though that hopefully early next year a wider range will be available with 39Thirty's and different designs for each club.

I'm not saying they're the best designs going round but I'd like to see what you come up with and then we'll talk. (Is it the shape of the cap you don't like, the designs or both? If its the shape I agree, the designs are hit and miss but some are OK - as good as most other footy merchandise anyway!)

Not sure if this has been covered yet or not but it seems like there will soon be AFL versions of the NewEra hats. Obviously a move to be more like the NBA/MLB merch, just wondered what people thought?

NYG0W.jpg

Source:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...48532.36367.164196943599423&type=1&permPage=1

Generic and ugly.

I'm not saying they're the best designs going round but I'd like to see what you come up with and then we'll talk. (Is it the shape of the cap you don't like, the designs or both? If its the shape I agree, the designs are hit and miss but some are OK - as good as most other footy merchandise anyway!)

The flat brim just looks childish.
The ironic thing is, I am bagging these hats out but the Richmond "39thirty" as it's called, looks more than reasonable.
Wouldn't be surprised if people in the US buy some AFL hats.

What is so Americanised about Australian sports? It's just a hat that you can buy if you want it. These hats are American sure, but so are baseball caps, besides, we live in a western world the majority of our culture comes straight from America or Britain. This is hardly the scandal some are making it out to be.

The flat brim just looks childish.
The ironic thing is, I am bagging these hats out but the Richmond "39thirty" as it's called, looks more than reasonable.
Wouldn't be surprised if people in the US buy some AFL hats.

I agree on both counts (well not the Americans buying AFL hats). The flat brims look stupid and feel uncomfortable to boot.

Pass, they're expensive and crap.

piratehatend.jpg

I'm waiting for the AFL approved pirate hats in club colours arrghhhhhh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More 39thirty's for the complainers please.

I prefer the versions that come in script instead of the logo but would also love to see Essendon release a version with their heritage monogram.

Just a NewEra design. All clubs have a black and white version like this with the logo on the front. There's also another version like this where the logos are gold.

Cheers. I don't really like that style Essendon logo to begin with - on its own it almost looks like a Collingwood hat.

Eh, no. We have more than enough teams. But you'd think Australia didn't have one sporting team of its own the way the high school kids here wear American sports merch.

probably because, almost without exception, Australian sporting looks terrible and costs far too much. I own and wear a fair bit of US sporting apparel, but almost no Australian stuff (although I'm not in high school)

575287_529418477085673_1624276655_n.jpg

Sexy.

Finally hats that don't scream "I'm still stuck in the early 90's"

Would like one without the league teams on the brim though.

Except, y'know, the snapback was first popular in the early 90s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-SF-Gian...-/320661469479?pt=US_Hats&hash=item4aa8e9b927

probably because, almost without exception, Australian sporting looks terrible and costs far too much. I own and wear a fair bit of US sporting apparel, but almost no Australian stuff (although I'm not in high school)

Agree on the cost, but the Australian soccer range Nike produced isn't bad at all.

The 3930s or whatever they are, they're fine. The really wide-brimmed, flat ones are awful.

And you don't have to be old to dislike current fashion. Every era has stuff that looks stupid in retrospect, but there is always a small subset of stuff that looked stupid at the time as well. In the 80s it was parachute pants. In the 1990s it was flannel. In the 2000s it was shutter shades, and apparently today it is absurdly oversized caps.

The 3930s or whatever they are, they're fine. The really wide-brimmed, flat ones are awful.

And you don't have to be old to dislike current fashion. Every era has stuff that looks stupid in retrospect, but there is always a small subset of stuff that looked stupid at the time as well. In the 80s it was parachute pants. In the 1990s it was flannel. In the 2000s it was shutter shades, and apparently today it is absurdly oversized caps.
Skinny Jeans > these hats

Remove this Banner Ad

NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back