PetePop

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2006
Ballarat/Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chelsea
who do u think will be the next captain of richmond in my eyes i think mark coughlan he is courageous and tough and also a awesome player who do u guys think will be the next captain?

Quite happy for Cogs to concentrate on getting on the park first.

All depends on when Johnson bows out. If it's 1-2 years then maybe a Brown or Bowden.

If 3-4 years, then Deledio surely

Quite happy for Cogs to concentrate on getting on the park first.

All depends on when Johnson bows out. If it's 1-2 years then maybe a Brown or Bowden.

If 3-4 years, then Deledio surely
he will be back dont judge on the injury judge on the leader ship material and cogs has that. with bowden his going to be in his 30's in a year or 2 so i dont think he will. browny's a maybe he likes the lime light alot im sure if ya want a captain like that who likes getting mug on tv all the time. But i agree with ya on delledio he will one day be a captain

johnson has about 1-2 years left and after he is gone Joel has it wrapt up, but afta he is gone the big lids will have #17 on his back!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Johnson passes it over in the next 1-2 years I hope it would be:

Cogs (Captain)*: Has very good leadership qualities
Chris Newman (Vice-Captain): Very popular at the club which means he could be quite influential
Kayne Pettifer (Vice-Captain): Really stepped up in the last 2 years, loves the club, has seen both the highs and lows of footy, would be a good mentor for younger kids

*Would have loved to have JBowden as my captain but he will be too old by the time Johnson has finished up

After that the captains and vice captains will most likely feature Lids, Polo and probably someoen unexpected who pops up from here to then

Straight to Lids. Have a feeling this kid will thrive on responsibility, challenges, goals etc. Stuff giving it to anyone that has played for us prior to 2004. There still may be traces of hopeless left in them.

Lids does NOT display any leadership qualities.

He hangs around with the leaders off the field, but doesn't lead the way for others, either older or younger.

He hasn't shown that he can do the hard things without reward, that inspire others to follow him.

Lids will be a fantastic player but blokes like Chris Newman, Mark Couglan Joel Bowden will be into the leadership group sooner rather than later.

Oops i forgot about Andrew.

Andrew Raines may well be our next premiership Skipper.

Raines, plays, moves, and has the presence like a Captain.

Then again he may never get it, if Johnson wins the next 10 B&F's...
Which is higher likely the way our B&F is run....

Get on Johnson for the 2007 B&F......EVEN IF HE DOESN'T PLAY A GAME !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raines or Coughlan if he can get fit and I also agree on Newman being a contender...Joel deserves to be a Tiger captain but its too late!! Deledio is only about to begin his 3rd year, way too early to be talking him up as next RFC captain IMO.

I'd say Chris Newman, but with his leg, who knows what might happen in today's footy, the game might go past him by the time he's back. Cogs maybe, give him a reason not to head home to WA. What about Tucky?

The eventual plan would be Deledio though.

For me the next premiership leadership group (2010?) may be something like:

C: Brett Deledio - He is a leader. Was the captain of the Vics and has everything you want in a leader - a presence, courage and matchwinning capabilities.

VC: Dean Polo - Does everything right. All the 1%. Obvious choice
VC: Andrew Raines - Unlucky not to be Captain....has flair and courage.

DVC: Adam Pattison - Good thinker and very vocal withing the group similar to Benny Gale.
DVC: Jarred Oakley Nichols - Great attitude and a real character. Mowing his mums lawns instead of being out on the p!ss - for me sayas it all.
DVC: Richard Tambling - Out of Richie and Matty White. Richie captained the NT team and is also very vocal on game day - suprisingly actually. Is a gamebreaker and is all class.

you seem to know alot bengal how come? do you know lids? or is that heresay?

I watched him play U16 VIC Country, TAC CUP for the Pumpkins, and his two years training and playing at Tigerland.

He has not shown one spark of leadership skills other than leading himself to wherever he wants to go. The I in Lids is pretty big.

Once he learns some defensive skills and does his first ONE PERCENTER, then he may become a great player.

I certainly hope he does.

For me the next premiership leadership group (2010?) may be something like:

C: Brett Deledio - He is a leader. Was the captain of the Vics and has everything you want in a leader - a presence, courage and matchwinning capabilities.

VC: Dean Polo - Does everything right. All the 1%. Obvious choice
VC: Andrew Raines - Unlucky not to be Captain....has flair and courage.

DVC: Adam Pattison - Good thinker and very vocal withing the group similar to Benny Gale.
DVC: Jarred Oakley Nichols - Great attitude and a real character. Mowing his mums lawns instead of being out on the p!ss - for me sayas it all.
DVC: Richard Tambling - Out of Richie and Matty White. Richie captained the NT team and is also very vocal on game day - suprisingly actually. Is a gamebreaker and is all class.

Someone like Coughlan/Newman would be in that group surely

Remove this Banner Ad

Next captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back