Prediction Next Coach Sacked (2024 edition)

Next coach sacked

• GWS- Adam Kingsley - Oct 2022

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks is in Longmuir round 20 2023 territory. Adelaide will need to consider their next move carefully.
The club did consider Nick's future carefully.....by extending him for 2 years straight after our round 1 loss to GC in which we kicked 1.2 up until half time....

Moronic move.

The intersting thing is all sides have dealt with inconsistency and FWIW, Bevo, Hinkley, and Longmuir have copped a lot of heat despite being on the + side of the middle.

However Nicks would have to be one of the most uninspiring coaches with very little upmarket attributes. The blow torch should fully applied to Nicks. It's hard for Adelaide to dump him given they've just hired him. I think they just have to suck it up, get a draft pick, get another one next year and dump him mid season in 2025.

He's one of the worst coaches in the system.

Nicks is in Longmuir round 20 2023 territory. Adelaide will need to consider their next move carefully.
It should be far worse than that. At least JL had 2022 in his pocket and it was only his 4th year. Also winning just under 50% at the time.

Nicks will be going into his 6th year, without a single final and a winning % of 35. If JL was under any serious pressure last year, Nicks should already be gone on the same metric.

The intersting thing is all sides have dealt with inconsistency and FWIW, Bevo, Hinkley, and Longmuir have copped a lot of heat despite being on the + side of the middle.

However Nicks would have to be one of the most uninspiring coaches with very little upmarket attributes. The blow torch should fully applied to Nicks. It's hard for Adelaide to dump him given they've just hired him. I think they just have to suck it up, get a draft pick, get another one next year and dump him mid season in 2025.

He's one of the worst coaches in the system.
We have turned into St Kilda under Alan Richardson.

A pissant club with no upside.

I think you have enough pieces under 25 that a couple of trade periods/drafts could change that pretty easily.

Or perhaps Nicks pulls one out of the bag next year or maybe you find the next McCrea and you're away.
We have our top 10 pick playing very well in the SANFL (Curtain) who Nicks basically refuses to play, all the while picking spuds like Murphy and McHenry

Instead of trying some of our kids who consistently have been preforming in the SANFL, he only picked them because of injuries (Dowling; Taylor; Bond) - while still picking Murphy and McHenry week after week.

He held back Nankervis for too long but finally relented by giving him a chance to show what he could do over a period of 3-4 games and now Nank shows great promise (IMHO he will be a really good player for us)

He is a poor coach.

We have our top 10 pick playing very well in the SANFL (Curtain) who Nicks basically refuses to play, all the while picking spuds like Murphy and McHenry

Instead of trying some of our kids who consistently have been preforming in the SANFL, he only picked them because of injuries (Dowling; Taylor; Bond) - while still picking Murphy and McHenry week after week.

He held back Nankervis for too long but finally relented by giving him a chance to show what he could do over a period of 3-4 games and now Nank shows great promise (IMHO he will be a really good player for us)

He is a poor coach.
Still wont play Rachele in the midfield. Part of that is on Nicks, Part on the leadership group. Crows have a boys club mentality and I understand there is a rift between Dawson and Rachele

Still wont play Rachele in the midfield. Part of that is on Nicks, Part on the leadership group. Crows have a boys club mentality and I understand there is a rift between Dawson and Rachele
I haven't heard that and there has been no inkling of that over here.

As for not playing players where they should be played, well Nick's is the expert at that.

I haven't heard that and there has been no inkling of that over here.

As for not playing players where they should be played, well Nick's is the expert at that.
A while back Dawson was askef about Rachele and his body language and conversation indicated his displeasure in Josh. As a leader he needed to be better in the face of public than that

Well that' s your opinion. But it doesn't mean that there is a rift between the two
Listening to Rowie hes mentioned numerous times about the boys club which goes back as far when Eddie was playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He means the situation with Reid being a good mate of Rucciuto & the fact that the club loves to employ its own.

Doesn't have anything to do with the players
Im not sure Dawson and Rachele like each other. An opinion based observation

He is a poor coach.
I certainly wouldn't put money on it myself, but stranger things have happened.

I am sure that if 2025 looks anything like 2024 he won't make it past the bye and that's when it could change quickly into 2026.

If we lose our last 4 (which is highly probable) Nicks is in trouble.
He's fine. He's got the right team.

But on a serious note, he made a huge mistake in the presser which highlights his lack of confidence.

He said "I'm confident, we have the right list", I would have said "We HAVE the right list", so instead of making it his view point, he's making it the view of the club. Subtle but very important. He's not a good coach at all.

So much for the wisdom of crowds.

Simpson had somehow managed to convince people he was going to "turn the ship around" after it already sunk.

And it turns out crazy Bevo might just be a crazy wacky mad scientist genius afterall!

As it stands now - Nicks surely must be worst placed? 102 games and 36 wins. Those are bad numbers. Not sure anyone comes back from those numbers? I think hes as good as gone.

No he's not. But he won't be safe next year
All year I’ve been thinking that, that he was safe at least until next years bye but now I don’t know. If we don’t win another game the pressure to make a change will be immense. Having said that I agree who would they get to replace him?

Last edited:
All year I’ve been thinking that, that he was safe at least until next years bye but now I don’t know. If we don’t win another game the pressure to make a change will be immense. Having said that I agree who would they get to replace him?
Hinkley...

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Next Coach Sacked (2024 edition)

Back