NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

I got one of these viewing stats emails and I was wondering if this was low or high compared to others on here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240706_100938_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240706_100938_Gmail.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 23

We at that time of year again?

Geo-barring (or more correctly the inability to recognise multi-geo subs) is still in place.

I almost relented and would have if DANZ had maintained the same features as GamePass despite the geo issue but the difference between the DANZ product and alternatives just isn't worth it even if the subs were $50 per year.

Local TV less than 1% so how small is the international market?
Very small. Yet the NFL don’t seem to give a shit with their over pricing.

Very small. Yet the NFL don’t seem to give a shit with their over pricing.

Maybe if the league factored in merchandise, other periphery stuff like this forum etc they should.

Brasher Jersey Curse is an economy in itself.

View attachment 2057144

Enough said.

Local TV is only preseason games. The international market is $100m a year from DAZN and whatever ESPN is paying for its international partners, plus whatever else they get from tier 2 partners like Ch7

Local TV is only preseason games. The international market is $100m a year from DAZN and whatever ESPN is paying for its international partners, plus whatever else they get from tier 2 partners like Ch7
$100m is small bikkies when you consider the overall rights are in the billions. It used to be $1b annually just for MNF I'm sure it's probably double that by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$100m is small bikkies when you consider the overall rights are in the billions. It used to be $1b annually just for MNF I'm sure it's probably double that by now.
Yeah. CBS, ESPN, Fox and NBC all pay over 2b a year now. Amazon pay 1bn and Google pay 2bn for Sunday ticket.

Espn pay over 2.5bn but that includes radio and the most highlights of any network.

They could almost offer the international for free to help grow the brand instead of hiding it behind an expensive pos app.
Yeah and teams could sell tickets for $5 each but they are not happy with some of the money they want all of the money.

The owners thought selling individual team passes for Sunday ticket would devalue the league. They won't cut price international markets. There was nothing wrong with the old gamepass system, but clearly wasn't making enough money so they took the DAZN deal

That would be pretty much pre season games. The rest is sold by the league as a package.

Interesting that the NBA's new deal gets them $7B up from $2.6B a year for the national televised games. The NFL are getting $10B a year but rate a hell of a lot better than NBA. NBA playoff games don't rate half as well as a Sunday night NFL game.

They could almost offer the international for free to help grow the brand instead of hiding it behind an expensive pos app.

Given how much DANZ paid for the rights the N$FL probably thinks the game is growing just fine internationally.[/QUOTE]

That would be pretty much pre season games. The rest is sold by the league as a package.

Interesting that the NBA's new deal gets them $7B up from $2.6B a year for the national televised games. The NFL are getting $10B a year but rate a hell of a lot better than NBA. NBA playoff games don't rate half as well as a Sunday night NFL game.
I'd assume it's due to the volume of NBA games though, NFL has what 11 playoff games? NBA playoffs is like a whole new season and you've got NBA most nights from late-October to June.

I'd assume it's due to the volume of NBA games though, NFL has what 11 playoff games? NBA playoffs is like a whole new season and you've got NBA most nights from late-October to June.
NBA went so high because more games are going to national broadcast with a 3rd package created. But ESPN will actually air less games. NBC will have a stack of peacock exclusive games and Amazon or TNT with package 3.
It's also an 11 year deal with the league knowing its the last chance to get that big broadcast money before it bubble pops. Local broadcast is kinda screwed with diamond going bankrupt who ran Bally sports which is the old fox sports regional channels for NBA, MLB and NHL.

NBA doesn't really rate that well outside of playoffs but might of been undervalued in the past.
ESPN is looking at its opt out for thr MLB next season because it's not worth the money or will use it to re do the deal and dump Sunday night baseball.

Got that as well and TBH I'd pay it.

Thing is though, as my plan last year was in installments, they're only applying the 20% to the installment sub which is $264 instead of the $232 that they offer in the email. W@nkers.

I'll let it expire end of July and see what happens then.

I did cave and pay the $232, I didn't enjoy NFL as much last season but maybe that's because the Jets were done after 5 minutes. Looking forward to this season, I think I have to figure out how to watch games, I tend to watch the early games on redzone then watch condensed games if the late games but last year I had it on in the background while I worked from home so wasnt really paying attention. Plus there were only a couple of really crazy weeks of results so was all a bit meh.

Looking forward to a more interesting season this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back