NFL NFL Gamepass

Remove this Banner Ad

lando-calrissian-this-deal-is-getting-worse-all-the-time.gif

Keep in mind thats 210 after two weeks have already been played, and as theyre charging 29-30 per month for month by month access, then 210 + 60 = 270 so its not really some huge discount.

In a couple weeks time no doubt theyll offer gamepass at like $150 (but thats minus four weeks already played).

Makes sense, they will continue to spruik for new customers thruout the season, and cant ask for $280 when a quarter, then half, then three quarters of the season has elapsed. The price will continue to get smaller

That was what I was expecting but no, its still at $210.

Last edited:

On principal I am likely never subscribing to danz. Rather stream some illegal downloads then give them or nfl my money.

It was fine as gamepass other than a cash grab by nfl no reason to trade it for the rubbish that is danz.

TLDR ...ditch Firefox and use Brave instead for vipleague....both pc and mobile.

FYI ...if anyone has been using vipleague (like i have, for nfl and everything else)....get rid of firefox pc/android/apple, and use Brave browser instead. Brave is inbuilt to handle blocking ads, popups, trackers, and no add ons required, whilst ALSO enabling the video player to actually appear and play flawlessly.

Firefox...the last few weeks since an update its been shutting down the video player every few minutes, and now it doesnt even allow the video player to appear. Something built in to it, and all the adds on you install is a hassle.

Firefox...the last few weeks since an update its been shutting down the video player every few minutes, and now it doesnt even allow the video player to appear. Something built in to it, and all the adds on you install is a hassle.

What's wrong with Google Chrome?

What's wrong with Google Chrome?
Chrome works better on PC than Firefox now but you still need to add extensions to block ads and trackers. But Chrome on android doesnt have extensions, so you get constant ads and pop ups and tabs opening etc.

Brave is just clean and simple for both pc or mobile....install, done.

TLDR ...ditch Firefox and use Brave instead for vipleague....both pc and mobile.

FYI ...if anyone has been using vipleague (like i have, for nfl and everything else)....get rid of firefox pc/android/apple, and use Brave browser instead. Brave is inbuilt to handle blocking ads, popups, trackers, and no add ons required, whilst ALSO enabling the video player to actually appear and play flawlessly.

Have been using Brave all season & the only real issue I find is that at times audio & the picture get out of sync but that probably has nothing to do with Brave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have one and it's beats ESPN. Streaming through Apple TV 4K box. ESPN has dropped the ball this season
How so? ESPN have shown more games this season the any other.

I would agree if you said NFL took a couple of steps down with selling Gamepass to DAZN.

How so? ESPN have shown more games this season the any other.
Australian inserts and not showing last week's tripleheader and the doublehader on Boxing Day. KC-LV and NYG-PHI both division rival games are not shown on linear TV.

You also get shows like Hard Knocks and Around the NFL

Have had it for the past month with no issues at my end. Need a feature where you can watch where you left off

They need to fix a bunch of stuff before next season

Constant buffering making it impossible to skip through games (seems worse on the Apple TV)

Always issues with watching from beginning while stream is still active - seems particularly bad for RedZone as when the live stream ends the catch-up stream cuts to about halfway through the early games

If you want to start watching RedZone around midday Monday (so after the live stream has ended) you can't watch from the start only from that point about halfway through the early games. This takes hours to resolve.

When watching a catch-up stream the scrubber on AppleTV won't let you forward through, you can only skip in the 10 second increments which makes it impossible when you're trying to move it back to about 5 hours into the RedZone broadcast. It constantly kicks you back to the start of the stream.

After watching one stream if you choose another and click on it it starts playing the last one you were watching. This happens to me every time and constantly having to go back out and select the correct stream again.

Overall the app is a piece of shit, I haven't enjoyed this season anywhere near as much as previous seasons, too many garbage teams and garbage games, way too many flags etc there just isn't that many games worth watching each week, there's been a definite lack of excitement over the course of the season. I'll be seriously reconsidering whether I bother fronting up the nearly $300 again next season.

I followed your lead (what's that word they use suggesting a crime but unproven?...yeah...allegedly, that's it.)

Got through the whole regular season with only a few hitches.

Haven't given up on my fight with CUNZ. Rumor is geo barring will disappear next year....problem remains where CUNZ can not restrict geo streaming events where they do not have global rights.

I followed your lead (what's that word they use suggesting a crime but unproven?...yeah...allegedly, that's it.)

Got through the whole regular season with only a few hitches.

Haven't given up on my fight with CUNZ. Rumor is geo barring will disappear next year....problem remains where CUNZ can not restrict geo streaming events where they do not have global rights.
I survived quite fine with VIP. Gamepads not a need unless things change.

I'm just watching the KC/Miami game now and the sound is rooted - sounds like it's only coming through one channel or something? Can't hear the crowd and half the ads are silent. Was it like this for anyone else and does it fix itself? The Browns/Texans game was fine.

I'm just watching the KC/Miami game now and the sound is rooted - sounds like it's only coming through one channel or something? Can't hear the crowd and half the ads are silent. Was it like this for anyone else and does it fix itself? The Browns/Texans game was fine.
The Peacock feed was ****ed early, it fixed itself eventually while they switched to another service

I received a survey about gamepass from dazn - I was pretty scathing, my final comments were;

I probably won't renew next year unless the following features are implemented/fixed;
  • ability to watch while travelling overseas
  • pick up where you left off on different devices
  • ability to watch redzone on delay without stream cutting out when the live stream ends
  • constant stream buffering issues fixed
  • AppleTV app is fixed with regards to ability to fast forward, ability to use scrubber forward/rewind through games, ability to watch multiple streams in a row without having to exit the app after each stream, streams don't cut out and kick you back to the start of the stream midway through a game (this happens frequently), streams don't buffer for 10-15 seconds each time you fast forward (eg in between plays or ad breaks

Interestingly they did have questions about what interest you had in some other features being introduced for next season among them they mentioned cross country portability (excluding US, Canada and China I believe) and "pick up where you left off" feature.

I guess we wait and see if they improve next year, I won't hold my breath though apparently they do have a reputation for listening to customer feedback. They've spent billions to get the rights so I guess they don't want to lose the rusted ons, they need to recoup that money!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back