NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not? The league did nothing to support him. Took the word of the Heidelberg player over him and other witnesses without an explanation at all.

Whats so wrong about calling out racism?
Ok fair enough then. History has shown that they usually crack down hard on this sort of behaviour. Wonder why this was different in regards to result at tribunal.

100% it should be aired in a public forum. The league should have done what the AFL now do and publically spoken out against racism when it happened.
Just heard more about the tribunal hearing aswell and the league are a disgrace. All favoured the Heidelberg player.
Bundoroa had witnesses who said it was clear

Heidelberg didn't have a witness.

Heidelberg were allowed to have there coach in there as a character witness. Yet Bundooras coach was not allowed to do the same for Proctor.

The people that run this league are a disgrace!!!

Just heard more about the tribunal hearing aswell and the league are a disgrace. All favoured the Heidelberg player.

Heidelberg were allowed to have there coach in there as a character witness. Yet Bundooras coach was not allowed to do the same for Proctor.

I know nothing about the alleged incident, but I’ve never seen the non reported side have a character witness before

Last edited:
The facts are the Heidelberg player completely denied the accusation. The Bundoora player had one witness, the Heidelberg player had two witnesses. The Heidelberg coach was not in the hearing, each club had one advocate. The hearing went for over two hours. The Heidelberg player was found not guilty on the basis of insufficient evidence and his good character.

The facts are the Heidelberg player completely denied the accusation. The Bundoora player had one witness, the Heidelberg player had two witnesses. The Heidelberg coach was not in the hearing, each club had one advocate. The hearing went for over two hours. The Heidelberg player was found not guilty on the basis of insufficient evidence and his good character.
All your facts are wrong. Heidelberg coach was allowed to give evidence. Player admitted it on the ground and then changed his story after the game . Was always going to be hard to find him guilty admittedly when its one word against another.
But being at the ground and even Heidelberg supporters saying they couldn't believe what they heard, sais it all really.

All your facts are wrong. Heidelberg coach was allowed to give evidence. Player admitted it on the ground and then changed his story after the game . Was always going to be hard to find him guilty admittedly when its one word against another.
But being at the ground and even Heidelberg supporters saying they couldn't believe what they heard, sais it all really.
Would have thought that was enough to be guilty given the charge he was on ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting called out all over their socials.

Very tough case of he said she said. I don’t envy the NFNL trying to decide that one. It’s a pretty major crime to convict someone as a racist without sound proof.

obviously I have zero idea what was said

Also Morris very sick in hospital the doggies without those three add in hogan and boomer they will certainly be up against it in the next few weeks ah well it presents some good opportunities for some others to step up and have a crack
What’s wrong with doug? Footy related injury or not?

Getting called out all over their socials.

Very tough case of he said she said. I don’t envy the NFNL trying to decide that one. It’s a pretty major crime to convict someone as a racist without sound proof.

obviously I have zero idea what was said

I think that is the big point, they do not want to tar someone as a racist without 100% proof. Maybe a long time player that has been around a bit and I have no doubt heard it before maybe should be taken as the only needed witness but when others say it was not said then it makes it hard.

However, other players had to hear something. What was needed was people to stand up and say they heard (or didn't) hear it. The tribunal needed to speak to every player in the vicinity (video can show who was around)

I cannot imagine how the player feels, there is probably nothing worse than this on a football field. There seems to be a lot of confusion on here as to who heard what and who went to tribunal even, I feel this need proper investigation.

The league has its head in the sand. Screenshot_20210715-225923_Google.jpg

The player admitted it to Kain on field then pulled a complete u-turn. In terms of Aboriginal representation we are far and away ahead of every other metro league, having a Koori based club and many other ATSI players at other clubs.

This is obviously solely due to Melbourne’s Koori population being largely in the north. If there were a local alternative like back in the day when there were multiple leagues with inner northern suburbs clubs the blokes would be playing elsewhere. The not guilty verdict is an indictment on the competition.

Good on Kain for speaking out. The crusty old w***ers at league HQ need to be taken out with the rubbish.

If The player in question is guilty he should get out on the front foot and own his actions and and jump in the front foot to educate himself and set an amazingly strong example for the community to follow. He won’t be the only man to have made an error in judgement. The actions that follow are those that will determine his reputation.

Hopefully alleged BigFooty stalker and Local Footy journalist Ben Higgins will do some justice to this issue, as has been said it is on social media and out there, the NFNL (or at least the tribunal which has been a joke recently) needs to be held accountable to everyone on how this happens (I recently read he actually apologised for saying it but has retracted it.....wow)

We are backwards as a league if this is the level of accountability we have for acts like this.

Hopefully alleged BigFooty stalker and Local Footy journalist Ben Higgins will do some justice to this issue, as has been said it is on social media and out there, the NFNL (or at least the tribunal which has been a joke recently) needs to be held accountable to everyone on how this happens (I recently read he actually apologised for saying it but has retracted it.....wow)

We are backwards as a league if this is the level of accountability we have for acts like this.

Lol...higgins...you can reverse that description. He’s an alleged journo and confirmed bigfooty and Facebook stalker. Has fake profiles on every northern suburbs related footy group. Gets all his stories out of there. Then when some well meaning old bloke with a subscription copy pastes his ‘article’ to show to friends without a sub he threatens legal action. At least give the old bloke time to delete your shithouse work anyway before scaring the crap out of them...has happened in 3 or 4 NFL club fb groups I’m aware of. Ironic given all his content comes from those groups in the first place

Let’s remember he was found “not guilty” ... he wasn’t found innocent.

Can you tarnish someone as a racist in 2021 without actual proof? Is there a chance he did say it? Yes, is there a chance the player misheard? Yes.

The league simply needed to issue a strong statement.

“We have has claims of racial vilification, while we cannot confirm nor deny these claims we take them seriously.... we will continue to work with the clubs involved etc.”

People saying “he admitted to it then did a 180” again just remember you weren’t there, you don’t know what has happened.

Again I’m not involved in this situation but if the league hand out these sort of suspensions without proof it sets a dangerous precedent.

Agreed. Very compromised as well if next week does not go ahead, Nth would have avoided West Preston twice. And yes I am a Nth supporter.

We all knew at the start of the year that there was a fair chance this would happen.

A compromised season is better then no season.

The best side will still win the flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back