NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

He spoke with the Herald Sun only this week though regarding the upcoming off-season?

“We’re always active, there’s still a couple of positions we’d like to be stronger in.

“You’re always going to have some transition but it’s just about making sure there’s replacements for the exits.

“You’ve got to keep bringing people in, I think there’s got to be a really careful balance between retainment and recruitment.”

Doesn't read like he's out but I guess things in local footy move quickly.

Can't imagine there'd be too many issues finding a coach at the Boro.

I know Bell has met with a GVFL club past few weeks though, big coin offer on the table.

Goulbourn Valley league just called off it's season and awarded the premiership to the team currently on top. Gees I hope thats not a precedent
In our local cricket comp North Metro ( formerly JIKA ) the top 3 grades were unable to conduct grand finals in the 2019/20 season ( Noting that all the lower grades completed grand finals the previous week ) . The Board decided not to award premiers in these top grades . The matter went to the Appeals Board which decided to award premierships . In two of those grades the top team on the ladder was undefeated . Possibly a bit different to football as sometimes premierships are awarded to the highest ranked team in the case of a wash out etc.
Just my two bobs worth to even up the discussion . No right or wrong answer .

Have just catching as I haven't logged in for a while .
Saw a reference to the fat cats at head office . Happen to know two of them and they are devastated that there are no finals .
Really dedicated people at HQ

In our local cricket comp North Metro ( formerly JIKA ) the top 3 grades were unable to conduct grand finals in the 2019/20 season ( Noting that all the lower grades completed grand finals the previous week ) . The Board decided not to award premiers in these top grades . The matter went to the Appeals Board which decided to award premierships . In two of those grades the top team on the ladder was undefeated . Possibly a bit different to football as sometimes premierships are awarded to the highest ranked team in the case of a wash out etc.
Just my two bobs worth to even up the discussion . No right or wrong answer .

In the BHRDCA 19/20 where all grades were finished except the top grade the game had to be called off day 1 because of covid.The top team were 1/13 chasing 100.Both teams agreed to award the premiership to the top team although it could have been made a shared premiership.

Another massive recruit in successive years for Bundoora. Well done to them.
Big get for Heidelberg too, big key position players at this level that have elite talent are gold.
Great get for both teams and puts them right there with West Preston and Greensborough if they weren’t there already
I heard that Astbury was moving to NSW somewhere, possibly Byron Bay way. Not sure how accurate that mail to Bundoora is, but good get if it’s fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that Astbury was moving to NSW somewhere, possibly Byron Bay way. Not sure how accurate that mail to Bundoora is, but good get if it’s fact.

have heard the exact same, but will still play about 6 games there. They are also speaking to Jacob Townsend, if he plays local will be out of Bundoora or Sorrento.

Last edited:
Daniel Gorringe to Boro?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back