NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a look at Epping & Mernda today
Mernda had a few young kids that will get a opportunity.............,,..
As for Epping they had 2 very good players in numbers 1 & 16 ...... then they fall away ........ it’s going to b a very long season for Epping & Mernda .......
There skill level was distasteful ......
Can anybody tell me the names of the two boys from Epping numbers 1 & 16

From what I seen today, if I were Mernda I would be Excited with the talent coming through, and to top it off the kids didn’t take a backward step, run in straight lines , skills were up and down but there was a lot of first gamers and once they settle into the tempo of senior footy they will impact and there were 3 or 4 young ones in the reserves once they get a bit of fitness under there belt they will get even better, and I thought number 11 for Mernda was best on ground and really lead those young fellas by example.. great to see..!!! I know it’s only March but they will only get better..!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bloods had very good results against Ardmona and Hadfield. Dont think they will be second last like some are saying.

Bloods had very good results against Ardmona and Hadfield. Dont think they will be second last like some are saying.
When commenting have you done your research beforehand, Hadfield had a percentage of 56% and 1 win for the year

Went down and watched Mernda vs Epping today. Reserves game was pretty ordinary but some good kids at Mernda. Seniors was a tight game all day with Mernda getting the chocolates. Apparently Mernda had 8 under 19 kids playing today.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had look at same game, looked like they had 8 on the bench, good time time to see what some of the kids can do.. the winner got a 6K chq & loser got 4K..

I’d hope they had a good result against Ardmona! They got done by 200 points against Nunawading, the worst team in the EFL!
Kyabram District thread reports that Ardmona beat both Lalor and Hadfield. Can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• 1551681341954.png
    1551681341954.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 257
Will throw my ladder prediction in for this year:

1. Panton Hill
2. South Morang
3. Laurimar
4. Kilmore
--------------------------
5. Heidelberg West
6. Mernda
7. Lalor
8. Eltham Collegians
9. Reservoir

Good luck to all involved.

Panton hill
Laurimar
Kilmore
Morang
Lalor
Eltham
West
Mernda
Reservoir
Would like to know your reasoning for having Kilmore higher than South and Lalor and Eltham higher than West and Mernda. I feel although Mernda don't have big goal-kickers, they are very good defensively. West's list is pretty good but i can see why you have put them low as i personally don't think there coach has what it takes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to know your reasoning for having Kilmore higher than South and Lalor and Eltham higher than West and Mernda. I feel although Mernda don't have big goal-kickers, they are very good defensively. West's list is pretty good but i can see why you have put them low as i personally don't think there coach has what it takes.
What’s wrong with their coach?

If a coach has no experience apart from being a playing assistant and doing a course then i don't see how they will improve that much. Obviously he gets along with the group more than what Gary did, but i don't see what he brings to the team. The list itself is pretty well balanced and i think they'll remain roughly the same as last year. Pushing the finals but probably finishing under Mernda.

West have the scoring power to challenge but they tend to drift in and out of games and have a quarter or 2 where they drop off. Mernda is good defensively but lack scoring ability, they'll be relying on Bradford and Burgess to be consistent goal kicking mids. Mernda lack depth compared to Heidelberg west who obviously have a strong reserves team. I like West's list but if the gameplan and coaching isn't there, then how will they improve?

West have the scoring power to challenge but they tend to drift in and out of games and have a quarter or 2 where they drop off. Mernda is good defensively but lack scoring ability, they'll be relying on Bradford and Burgess to be consistent goal kicking mids. Mernda lack depth compared to Heidelberg west who obviously have a strong reserves team. I like West's list but if the gameplan and coaching isn't there, then how will they improve?

Doesn’t every team rely on goal kicking mids??

Don’t worry about Mernda there is plenty of talented forwards to come into that side over the coming weeks.!!!

As long as they can adjust going forward to lower there eyes to these players instead of kicking to the top of the square like they have a 6 foot 6 key forward to bomb too..

They will hit the scoreboard, more than you think and cause plenty of headaches at times for sides that don’t rate them

Doesn’t every team rely on goal kicking mids??

Don’t worry about Mernda there is plenty of talented forwards to come into that side over the coming weeks.!!!

As long as they can adjust going forward to lower there eyes to these players instead of kicking to the top of the square like they have a 6 foot 6 key forward to bomb too..

They will hit the scoreboard, more than you think and cause plenty of headaches at times for sides that don’t rate them

Don't get me wrong, I rate Mernda but when they win, they don't score big. They have the defence to shut down other teams. Teams like Laurimar who have 3 forwards who kicked over 40 goals last season will threaten teams like Mernda. Panton Hill with Matty Byron and Alec Tsardakis also look like a threat.

If a coach has no experience apart from being a playing assistant and doing a course then i don't see how they will improve that much. Obviously he gets along with the group more than what Gary did, but i don't see what he brings to the team. The list itself is pretty well balanced and i think they'll remain roughly the same as last year. Pushing the finals but probably finishing under Mernda.
What do you know of West last season? It’s quite apparent in this forum they didn’t rate or like there coach from last season. Surely having a happy club and group that cares for there coach is half the battle?

Mernda will be young and quick but lack depth and some experience, expect the departures to hurt in the second half of the season especially Adams and Owens-Draper and Davies who protect the younger types. Inexperience has shown to be a massive hurdle in this div over the years hence why it took st Mary’s so long to get it together to be a challenger despite having the deepest most talented list. Lalor are a bit unknown I’m sure they will be fit but how will the old bodies stack up come the colder months. The young kid from west Preston will have to cover the load. Laurimar has the deepest list and panton Hill the most talented 22. Eltham are the unknown. I expect Morang to be dangerous with a terrific coach but similar boat to last season will be inexperienced and the loss of young talent such as Indian Caruso bell etc is a shame and they will have to be replaced.

Last edited:
He has no goal's for the season and he's got barely any coaching experience. The players seem to like him but it will be interesting to see how they go.
Players seeming to like him is a great starting point surely? If they want to play well for the guy, and bust their guts for him, he will have some success.

What do you know of West last season? It’s quite apparent in this forum they didn’t rate or like there coach from last season. Surely having a happy club and group that cares for there coach is half the battle?

Mernda will be young and quick but lack depth and some experience, expect the departures to hurt in the second half of the season especially Adams and Owens-Draper and Davies who protect the younger types. Inexperience has shown to be a massive hurdle in this div over the years hence why it took st Mary’s so long to get it together to be a challenger despite having the deepest most talented list. Lalor are a bit unknown I’m sure they will be fit but how will the old bodies stack up come the colder months. The young kid from west Preston will have to cover the load. Laurimar has the deepest list and panton Hill the most talented 22. Eltham are the unknown. I expect Morang to be dangerous with a terrific coach but similar boat to last season will be inexperienced and the loss of young talent such as Indian Caruso bell etc is a shame and they will have to be replaced.
I never disagreed with you about the West's relation with Cutler. The players didn't like him and he was a bit of a fruit loop. I'm saying that I don't think this coach is the answer either. I'm not sure who else was available but unless your Boomer Harvey and can bring some AFL experience and Knowledge to the club (a bit like Justin Sherman) then a playing coach that doesn't have much experience probably isn't the answer. Cam has too much responsibility and it may affect how the team perform. I'm not saying that they can't push for finals because they certainly can, he's also a step-up from Cutler as you've mentioned he has that relationship with the group but i think there would've been better candidates.

Coaches have to start somewhere and a division 3 club who hasn’t played finals since the mid 90s on there way up is probably a good starting point for a lot of guys.

He has a brilliant playing resume (for this level) and was an assistant at his previous club. The club seems to have some energy behind it and numbers look good from social media. Not to mention he has brought an assistant.

As for no goals for the season? What do you mean by this? Are you involved behind closed doors at the club? Where did this statement come from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back