NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Super coach ? Bit of a strange one I was hearing that he loved the club and enjoyed it .. something may have happened .
Loved the club, not sure the playing group loved him, a fair exodus of players at the end of 2019 including club captain and I hear that the ex-north recruits are looking for new clubs. Club has coughed up very good $ for a club to only win 3 games (reservoir x3) over the past 2 years. Something had to change.

cuts has been involved in footy for 30 years I’m sure he will bob up with a job somewhere

Loved the club, not sure the playing group loved him, a fair exodus of players at the end of 2019 including club captain and I hear that the ex-north recruits are looking for new clubs. Club has coughed up very good $ for a club to only win 3 games (reservoir x3) over the past 2 years. Something had to change.

cuts has been involved in footy for 30 years I’m sure he will bob up with a job somewhere
Wouldn’t have thought they’d be paying out big $$$$ surely

Gazman07 any truth to the rumours that reservoir sounding you out for the vacant coaching job?
[/QUOTE
Gazman07 any truth to the rumours that reservoir sounding you out for the vacant coaching job?
The footy community is such a great community, I’ve had a few clubs reach out to me to not only see what my plans are but to see how I’m doing which is much appreciated. Reservoir is not one of those clubs mate.

The footy community is such a great community, I’ve had a few clubs reach out to me to not only see what my plans are but to see how I’m doing which is much appreciated. Reservoir is not one of those clubs mate.
That’s great to hear you’ve had the support .. from sounds of things there wasn’t that much coming from where you have given your everything for last couple of years through trying circumstances . Good luck

That’s great to hear you’ve had the support .. from sounds of things there wasn’t that much coming from where you have given your everything for last couple of years through trying circumstances . Good luck
In my experience footy clubs are filled with amazingly good people but there’s always a few feathers that get ruffled. It’s how clubs deal with the unhappy people is the difference. Having said that I understand it comes with the territory of being a senior coach so I’m not complaining. Things have definitely changed over my many years in the game.

In my experience footy clubs are filled with amazingly good people but there’s always a few feathers that get ruffled. It’s how clubs deal with the unhappy people is the difference. Having said that I understand it comes with the territory of being a senior coach so I’m not complaining. Things have definitely changed over my many years in the game.
Thanks , seems things changed pretty quickly . I only heard few weeks back you’d been reappointed then Covid and stuff then bang they turn !!! From an outsider it seems as though they are thinking that they are actually better than what they are and hsve people that aren’t real smart running club that make the decisions . Anyway just looking from outsider . Hope it turns out well for you and them as I see them not surviving . I hope they do for sake of the league and the history the club has

Thanks , seems things changed pretty quickly . I only heard few weeks back you’d been reappointed then Covid and stuff then bang they turn !!! From an outsider it seems as though they are thinking that they are actually better than what they are and hsve people that aren’t real smart running club that make the decisions . Anyway just looking from outsider . Hope it turns out well for you and them as I see them not surviving . I hope they do for sake of the league and the history the club has
I think & in fact I hope that the club will be fine as the people running the club have nothing but love & good intentions for the club. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there, was it tough? Absolutely it was it’s the toughest job I’ve ever had & I remember going there knowing that it was going to be tough. Good administrators are hard to find remember they’re unpaid and overworked positions. If it wasn’t for Benny Charles the doors would have closed the year before I got there. I will not bag the club as I said there are a lot of wonderful people doing they’re absolute best. I went there to try to change the culture and winning record and for a number of reasons I was not able to do that. I was the coach and that’s on me I’m a big boy and I’m happy to wear that but I walk away knowing that I did absolutely everything I could & that’s all I can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think & in fact I hope that the club will be fine as the people running the club have nothing but love & good intentions for the club. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there, was it tough? Absolutely it was it’s the toughest job I’ve ever had & I remember going there knowing that it was going to be tough. Good administrators are hard to find remember they’re unpaid and overworked positions. If it wasn’t for Benny Charles the doors would have closed the year before I got there. I will not bag the club as I said there are a lot of wonderful people doing they’re absolute best. I went there to try to change the culture and winning record and for a number of reasons I was not able to do that. I was the coach and that’s on me I’m a big boy and I’m happy to wear that but I walk away knowing that I did absolutely everything I could & that’s all I can do.

Well done Gaz, I don't know you personally but any senior coach is probably the most difficult role you can put your hand up for.

Best of luck for whatever is next in your journey, good luck

I'm not sure why my names been brought into the conversation here... Yours is an interesting take though indeed - The committee of 2017/18/19 created and built an environment that was far from "the toughest job you've ever had" and the culture / stability / process / plan for the long-term was handed over to you and the current committee on a silver platter - Insinuating anything other than it being a "first-class foundation" to build from is absurd (and an insult to be honest). To use this platform to somehow convey that every opportunity wasn't available for success is a cheap-shot at the "Good administrators" you've mentioned above. #confusedagain and happy to take your call anytime.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why my names been brought into the conversation here... Yours is an interesting take though indeed - The committee of 2017/18/19 created and built an environment that was far from "the toughest job you've ever had" and the culture / stability / process / plan for the long-term was handed over to you and the current committee on a silver platter - Insinuating anything other than it being a "first-class foundation" to build from is absurd (and an insult to be honest). To use this platform to somehow convey that every opportunity wasn't available for success is a cheap-shot at the "Good administrators" you've mentioned above. #confusedagain and happy to take your call anytime.
How do you know what Gary’s toughest job is? Surely that’s a personally opinion.

I don’t think he has tried to blame you in any way here Benny. It’s a shame but Lalor have made some errors. Spent money on promises and at the end of the day they appear to be worse off for it.

How do you know what Gary’s toughest job is? Surely that’s a personally opinion.
I think he is talking more about himself and dean when they lost 30 odd senior players and were 50 large in debt before appointment of Garry but I could b wrong either way being a president or coach is a hard gig

He was given the "HARDEST JOB HE HAS EVER HAD" in 30 years.... I'm not sure how else i should take it.

Did the committee that took over from you uphold the plan laid out ? Or did it veer away from what was laid out ?
There is alot that can change things.
I'm sure your plan was solid of that i have no doubt.
Maybe a phone call is the way to go instead of playing it out here.
Highly doubt Gaz meant anything malicious in what he wrote.

Words on a screen its hard to get the message across the way you want i know sometimes when i write things it isn't taken as i intended.

I think he is talking more about himself and dean when they lost 30 odd senior players and were 50 large in debt before appointment of Garry but I could b wrong either way being a president or coach is a hard gig
The 2017 committee inherited the BIG loss of players during the pre-season... Not the era of Gary (which i secured and was always overly supportive of during my time)
We had minus LOTS of money when I went through the books in Sept 2017 and then a mass-exodus followed.
By the end of 2018 we had +$20k in the bank and when we handed over in 2019 there was +$40k in the available with bank/assets and EVERYTHING required for success was in place - People, processes, on and off-field stability - Right down to a new scoreboard, solar panel grants, Auskick established and even major sponsorships secured for the following year... No stone was left unturned.
Every gap identified was filled, Every platform on and off field was in place... We did everything asked and then some.

Even the hint that somehow Gary's life was made difficult when he entered the club or during the previous committee running the place and he somehow needed to repair everything is a complete and utter joke - And to then mention that on here with all the hours of work and diligence shown by the group that handed over in 2019 is beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:
The 2017 committee inherited the BIG loss of players during the pre-season... Not the era of Gary (which i secured and was always overly supportive of during my time)
We had minus LOTS of money when I went through the books in Sept 2017 and then a mass-exodus followed.
By the end of 2018 we had +$20k in the bank and when we handed over in 2019 there was +$40k in the available with bank/assets and EVERYTHING required for success was in place - People, processes, on and off-field stability - Right down to a new scoreboard, solar panel grants, Auskick established and even major sponsorships secured for the following year... No stone was left unturned.
Every gap identified was filled, Every platform on and off field was in place... We did everything asked and then some.

Even the hint that somehow Gary's life was made difficult when he entered the club or during the previous committee running the place and he somehow needed to repair everything is a complete and utter joke - And to then mention that on here with all the hours of work and diligence shown by the group that handed over in 2019 is beyond ridiculous.

You think some how the senior coaches job isn’t tough because you’ve got Solar Panels and an Auskick program?

He has taken over a side post max exodus and with very little attraction for potential recruits. It’s a tough job. Who’s job was recruitment? Is that to fall on the senior coach at Lalor and he failed to implement?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back