NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Kilmore drops one to Mernda! Unbelievable. Good win by them.
From start to finish Mernda controlled the game, Kilmore didn't drop one they were pants! Credit where credit was due Mernda played good footy and had a late out with R.Edwards from the engine room pulling out on the morning of the game.

Was it a bad day at the office for Kilmore or are they over rated?

From start to finish Mernda controlled the game, Kilmore didn't drop one they were pants! Credit where credit was due Mernda played good footy and had a late out with R.Edwards from the engine room pulling out on the morning of the game.

Was it a bad day at the office for Kilmore or are they over rated?
I’d say bad day. Kilmore are a good side. Mernda clearly capable of an upset when they have their best side on the park.

Well everyone has played each other once. South would be disappointed to have dropped 3 in a row and with West Heidelberg coming up it’s going to be another tough game.

After seeing everyone play each other, who’s going to win the premiership? I honestly couldn’t tell you.

I’d say bad day. Kilmore are a good side. Mernda clearly capable of an upset when they have their best side on the park.

Well everyone has played each other once. South would be disappointed to have dropped 3 in a row and with West Heidelberg coming up it’s going to be another tough game.

After seeing everyone play each other, who’s going to win the premiership? I honestly couldn’t tell you.
laurimar leaders for me at the moment closely followed by turtles.
Kilmore have laurimar and turtles the next 2 games they wouldn’t want to lose both of those or they will be right back in the pack and will open up 3rd and 4th spots.

Can Mernda beat Old Eltham next week?
Can Heidelberg West beat Sth Morang?
Will Kilmore bounce back against Laurimar?
Will Reservoir double their win tally or will Lalor register there first win for 2022.

A very intriguing round of footy coming up

Can Mernda beat Old Eltham next week?
Can Heidelberg West beat Sth Morang?
Will Kilmore bounce back against Laurimar?
Will Reservoir double their win tally or will Lalor register there first win for 2022.

A very intriguing round of footy coming up

Had a look at Morang v Turtles. Morang clearly hampered by injury and looked like they lost a couple more before half time. In saying that Morang had there opportunities and when they get back there stars will win the flag for mine.

Good win by Mernda yesterday , were clearly the better side on the day ,
A credit to them.
Kilmore not switched on from start to finish.( Maybe playing lalor isn’t a great thing for your form ) Fumbly , poor decision making, low work rate , Never looked like winning.
Mernda really physical all day (silly at times , might be 1-2 reviewed ) , which kept the pressure on & created opportunities.
Well done to Mernda deserved the victory..
Kilmore will look to atone next week.

A credit to them.
Kilmore not switched on from start to finish.( Maybe playing lalor isn’t a great thing for your form ) Fumbly , poor decision making, low work rate , Never looked like winning.
Mernda really physical all day (silly at times , might be 1-2 reviewed ) , which kept the pressure on & created opportunities.
Shocked. Cards?

Kilmore probably after this week lol I no you can have a bad day but g wizz
But anything is positive
If it bleeds you can kill it

A credit to them.

I watched the game and didn't see to much spite in the game. Going to watch the game now, what 1/4s are the 1 or 2 things in? Interested to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with a bit of belief!
Old eltham this week. is Kilmore better than old Eltham! That's my question and can mernda continue to keep being competitive week in week out.
They should have beaten the hawks
But yes I no they didn't that would have made them level pegged with sth Morang so they aren't to far of the 4th spot
And let's be honest here only takes a couple of injuries and your season gone in div 3 anyway

WHAT BIG WEEK IN FOOTY........................Congratulations to the super coach Robert Fletcher, He has broken a huge drought. Winning a game against a side who isn't The Bloods or The Mustangs. I hope Fletcher collected the ball and went down to the lake with the players and got them to sign it for him. We all know how much he loves going to the lake after a game. Such a huge achievement. Surely the club has had urgent talks to lock him in after that win.

How many slabs did Kilmore get to throw the game?????

A Mernda forward (12) to face the music at NFNL house the incident @ 5.30 in the last quarter. Holiday on its way ill have a guess and say he will be on the sidelines for 5 weeks. Another bad look from Mernda! Is the club on a BOND?
I don’t know what a club needs to do to be on a bond but if Mernda aren’t on one then I don’t know if you could ever get on one.

What a little grub. He will get 2/3 weeks.

Last edited:
Same club, different year.

They should have been put on a bond after the first incident this season.

The leagues complete inept to do anything about this club is a complete embarrassment.

Mernda have shown over and over they aren’t willing to fix this so it’s now on the league.

Mernda’s Riley Black has been slapped with a six-week ban for a cowardly hit on Laurimar captain Mitch Thompson on Saturday.

Black was red carded for an elbow to the back of Thompson’s head mid-way through the final quarter of the Power’s 51-point win at Laurimar Reserve.

The Demons player fronted the Northern Football League tribunal on Tuesday night and will be able to return in Round 10 against Lalor.

Match vision shows Thompson confronting Mernda’s Matthew Golledge after Golledge gave away a 50m penalty before Black hits him from behind.

The pair had clashed just seconds before at a boundary throw-in with Black running in from outside the contest to hip and shoulder Thompson.

Thompson was felled by the hit, remaining on the ground while Laurimar teammates remonstrated, causing a minor melee.

Mernda football manager Sean Mills said the club was disappointed in Black’s actions.

“He’ll learn from this,” Mills said.

“He was very remorseful on the day and he tried to apologise to the player but they waved him away and he accepted that.

“We don’t condone violence in football and we’ll have some discussions internally.

“There was a hearing last night, they went through the evidence and the video, he was apologetic and remorseful and we’re obviously disappointed by his actions.”

It’s not the first incident of violence at Mernda in the past few seasons.

A player was banned for life in 2019 after a off-the-ball coward hit against Old Eltham Collegians, while Demons captain Josh Delaney was handed a 12-week ban – later reduced to six – for a crude hit also against the Turtles.

Mills said the club did not condone violence.
Now with another undisciplined act from a Mernda player what dribble will the Mernda Football Manager come up with? Id love to hear from someone from Mernda about the discussions internally from the previous suspension (BLACK). Its another BAD look from a struggling club. With the review of the game Bongetti is lucky his not joining his team mate.

How many reports have come from Lalor and Reservoir this year and everyone points the finger at those clubs. Mernda and the Football manager have to be held accountable.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back