NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would they have to spend all their chips? They made the granny, and were stiff, robbed, whatever you want to call it not to have the flag. They probably only lose Morrison from that side, wouldn't think they would need to add much to go the next step. Can't possibly see them throwing 20k at 1 player. That is big footy at its best
Not this season. Huge for the club recruiting players to go up again. But you definitely don’t want to be paying for a flag to hit rock bottom again. However you see it Morrison is a huge loss for mernda and for the comp
Far to good for Div 3

I would be happy if we announce 'anyone' Morty - must be a competitive market out there or our social media person is on holidays 😳😉😊

Chump

PS - I do know all our list from last year are going again - including Ash Close so that's helpful 👍
Any ex juniors coming back?
Ivanhoe on paper at the moment will cause headaches with ash close dominating Div 3
For me Div 3 next season most exciting division is watch Fitzroy stars have so far recruited well at no cost

Old parade also should do okay

Bennet from Bundoora, the other names elude me. Im led to believe one from EDFL has won a best in comp and another has kicked quite a few goals. All playing top division.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So Jake Bennet from Bundoora who didn’t get a senior game is 1 of the 6 recruits who is better than their captain nipper. Post of the year 👍

So Jake Bennet from Bundoora who didn’t get a senior game is 1 of the 6 recruits who is better than their captain nipper. Post of the year

Sorry Marshall should be 5th of 6th, all good proof will be in the pudding.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Any ex juniors coming back?
Ivanhoe on paper at the moment will cause headaches with ash close dominating Div 3
For me Div 3 next season most exciting division is watch Fitzroy stars have so far recruited well at no cost

Old parade also should do okay
Not sure re any ex-juniors? 🤞🤞🤞
We will need a few as we finished bottom of what is 4th division VAFA with only a couple of wins! We did have a few away with travel and long term injuries, so having them back and some good young thirds joining the senior group will help.

Chump

Do the ex-VAFA Clubs need to keep the OLD in their names.

They have made the big calls to come across, is the OLD still relevant to those who will view it as a club for old students.

Not saying it's a huge issue but once you make the call to change from what was an old boy's competition maybe make the subtle change to remove the old from name. Could help with recruitment, getting a women's team up and running, obtaining new sponsors that had nothing to do with the school.

Old Eltham could change to Eltham Turtles or even Research Turtles (associates with the suburb they are in, separates them from Eltham Football Club)
Old Parade just become Parade or even Parade Bundoora (associates with suburb they are in, may annoy Bundoora FC though)

Just thinking out loud.

They have made the big calls to come across, is the OLD still relevant to those who will view it as a club for old students.

Not saying it's a huge issue but once you make the call to change from what was an old boy's competition maybe make the subtle change to remove the old from name. Could help with recruitment, getting a women's team up and running, obtaining new sponsors that had nothing to do with the school.

Old Eltham could change to Eltham Turtles or even Research Turtles (associates with the suburb they are in, separates them from Eltham Football Club)
Old Parade just become Parade or even Parade Bundoora (associates with suburb they are in, may annoy Bundoora FC though)

Just thinking out loud.

Ivanhoe is changing its name from the Ivanhoe Amateur Football Club to the Ivanhoe Football Club as part of them transferring competitions. I am pretty sure they have a women's team.

Old Ivanhoe is a different club.

Not sure about Old Paradians' plans.

Just thinking out loud.
The “Old” in our name is not actually related to the VAFA, but how the club was founded. It was born out of the Old Paradians Association about 90 years ago. In actual fact, the name in our constitution is the Old Paradians Association Amateur Football Club. Quite the mouthful you'd agree, and one reason why our "marketing" name is Old Paradians Football Club.

I can see how it will initially some might view it as a Club only for ex-students of Parade College, but I reckon that will fade away pretty quickly once we're entrenched in the NFNL. I guess if we changed to Parade, the same could be perceived. That it is a "schoolboys" side.

I can also see where you are coming from with suggesting the name change, but changing leagues was a very big deal for a club with our history. As part of the analysis and consultation we did, many if not most of the older members and life members of the club were in favour of the move, but did say "can you please just keep the name". It's not a bad compromise to do that for them.:)

Assumption is that Mazarella & Bradford returning from Thomastown are considered better than Marshall. Jake Bennett certainly is not.
I think we are underestimating jake Bennett. He's coming from the second best team in the NFNL league. Hed walk into any div 2 club and be a very good player.
It's not as if these thomastown players would get a game at Bundoora either.

I think we are underestimating jake Bennett. He's coming from the second best team in the NFNL league. Hed walk into any div 2 club and be a very good player.
It's not as if these thomastown players would get a game at Bundoora either.
How is he “underated” because I said he isn’t as good as Bundooras senior captain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The “Old” in our name is not actually related to the VAFA, but how the club was founded. It was born out of the Old Paradians Association about 90 years ago. In actual fact, the name in our constitution is the Old Paradians Association Amateur Football Club. Quite the mouthful you'd agree, and one reason why our "marketing" name is Old Paradians Football Club.

I can see how it will initially some might view it as a Club only for ex-students of Parade College, but I reckon that will fade away pretty quickly once we're entrenched in the NFNL. I guess if we changed to Parade, the same could be perceived. That it is a "schoolboys" side.

I can also see where you are coming from with suggesting the name change, but changing leagues was a very big deal for a club with our history. As part of the analysis and consultation we did, many if not most of the older members and life members of the club were in favour of the move, but did say "can you please just keep the name". It's not a bad compromise to do that for them.:)
The Turtle would be associated with the school and supported by ‘Old’ or ex students body.

Ivanhoe is changing its name from the Ivanhoe Amateur Football Club to the Ivanhoe Football Club as part of them transferring competitions. I am pretty sure they have a women's team.

Old Ivanhoe is a different club.

Not sure about Old Paradians' plans.
Correct Morty.

Name has been officially changed to Ivanhoe Football Club.
We do have a women's team, who have re committed and will be playing in the NFNL in 2024.
Old Ivanhoe is a different club and associated with the Grammar school.

Chump.
P.S. One ex-junior player was announced today on our socials as returning to our club :)

Jake Bennett would be a massive pick up for mernda
He can seriously play
Kicks with both feet and averaged 40 and 1 this season without hitting the training track once

More resigning at lalor. Looks like they are counting down the B&F at this point.
Nick then Scott and now Tommy. 3 players the really needed to keep. Hoping to start hearing the new recruits soon aswell.

How do we thinking signings have been for clubs so far?
Stars have done a super nice job with player retention by the looks of it, and picking up Jetta too. Old Eltham picking up Macaffer + Mernda picking up Nipper gives the season some urgency already.

Very impressed at what has been going on at Epping. Signing big man Adrian Alfonsi is a huge get.
Mobile big fella who covers the ground well. Seen him at training last week, impressive time trials for a key forward.
Expect him to kick 60+ this year

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back