Nhl 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Against half decent opposition - cross-crease-passing for a certain goal are nowhere near as easy to do. Do you have shooting set to manual or auto?

Cross-creasing is defiantly much harder this year which i don't mind but it seems near impossible to do the puck seems to stick to the defenders stick like glue.

Cross-creasing is defiantly much harder this year which i don't mind but it seems near impossible to do the puck seems to stick to the defenders stick like glue.
Yeah I find that it only works on odd man rushes when they are out of position. I prefer it this way though. I've found that deflections seem to occur more frequently compared to previous years so I'd definitely "launch some BBs" from the blue line regularly.

Bradesmaen, practice your dekes. Once you can get the puck around the ice, the goalie will be moving all over the place and you will just have to slot the puck in the net.

My breakaways were shocking in our game I think I missed 3 certain goals.
I have been, but half the time it shoots instead of dekeing. Then there are the times where it doesn't shoot at all when I pull it back and push it forward.Won't matter anyway, I cannot aim. Aiming is ****ed in this game like it is in 07.

I've had it for a week. Usually by now I'm ranting about it, but...

NO COMPLAINTS. I haven't adjusted one slider.

Scoring is a little difficult, but to me, that's the fun. I used to hate doing the same shit over and over to pour in goals, now I feel I have to work for them. The poke checking is a bit annoying at times, but if forces you to work on your dekes, make smart passes, cycle the puck, shoot from the point when the slot is taken away. I've been randoming different leagues and teams all week and I love how I've had to adjust to handling different teams. Eg. one team I'll have to keep it in the zone and move the puck around, the next I'll have to resort to going wide and scoring off the rush.

The AI is better, though sometimes you still feel like you have to do the bulk of the work yourself, but at least they're in position, mostly. The only thing that's annoyed me thus far is when you pass into the slot, regardless of where the defender is looking, he'll intercept the pass if it's anywhere near him. But that's minor.

So good job EA. Good job.

I have been, but half the time it shoots instead of dekeing. Then there are the times where it doesn't shoot at all when I pull it back and push it forward.Won't matter anyway, I cannot aim. Aiming is ****ed in this game like it is in 07.
Give it time time and it will just click for you. You're having the same problems I had when I first started playing 07 trying to figure out how to use the skill sticks properly. Or you could bitch out and use the classic controls lol. Aiming is fine, you're just shit.:D

Anyone up for a game on the 360 tomorrow night?

I may not be on tomorrow night its my indoor soccer night but if you want to add me ill play whenever were on at the same time. GT is juandamian.

You interested in joining a EASHL club ?
I have created one and we have 3 players so far.

haha i pissed myself laughing when that goal went in and you just simply said 'Fluery your a hack' haha thought it was great :D

haha. I wasn't sure if you could hear me because you may not have bothered putting your headset on.

I'll be picking up FIFA 11 but I'd choose NHL if I could only have one.

haha. I wasn't sure if you could hear me because you may not have bothered putting your headset on.

I'll be picking up FIFA 11 but I'd choose NHL if I could only have one.

I have been meaning to get myself a new headset but knowing me i'll only end up breaking that again in a fit of online rage :cool:

Yeah ill be picking up FIFA 11 as well can't see NHL getting much of run in the next few days.

I may not be on tomorrow night its my indoor soccer night but if you want to add me ill play whenever were on at the same time. GT is juandamian.

You interested in joining a EASHL club ?
I have created one and we have 3 players so far.

Just sent you a friends request. I'll join the EASHL club too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 10 cross-crease was basically my default scoring method and I've only nailed it a few times in 11, which is nice, but I've found the replacement pretty much straight up - seems really easy to simply skate straight past the defenders and then deke the goalie. I'm playing as CBJ in a GM season, signed Kovy in free agency and just completed preseason - I've been winning 6-2 almost solely on the basis of one of my top six blasting between both defenders and then beating the goalie. It's fun but might have to up the difficulty.

which stores stock this game and whats the best price?

scouring the shops today the only place I could find it was Game, and it was $98.
EB were still selling nhl 10 for $78 :0

play asia and ebay have it for about $70 but I'm not keen on waiting.

I didn't even know this was in the game but I took a shot from the point and it came off a team-mates skate for a goal and they had to review the goal. GOAL REVIEWS! Realism is hitting new heights.

Goal stood by the way, as it should have. I even got the Going Upstairs achievement.

Yeah I played stay true the other night and they had a review for knocked in with a hand. It was given a goal, even though it wasnt.
Is the review done locally in my X-Box or does it have to go to Toronto?

You cant hit the puck in the goal from above the top crossbar. The tallest player in the game if he hits it from above the crossbar will have his goal disallowed.

Most of mine come from having a shot, puck flies up, I hack it while in the air but its above the crossbar. So disallowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nhl 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back