Nic Naitanui urges public to ‘grow together’ after mother paints son’s skin for Book Week parade

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more concerned that apparently Nic Nat is a 'character'...

The costume thing was for Book Week and asked kids to dress up as their favourite character. Me thinks the mother should read to her son a bit more.

Obviously its hard to prove here, but every fijian ive spoken to about this (3) agrees with me and thinks Nic Nat is just trying to diffuse the situation.

Of course he is. He's been put on the spot and effectively asked to be a spokesperson on these matters. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm more concerned that apparently Nic Nat is a 'character'...

The costume thing was for Book Week and asked kids to dress up as their favourite character. Me thinks the mother should read to her son a bit more.
She does, the Footy Record.

Since when was Australia the 51st state of the USA?

This political correctness madness is getting out of hand. Now we need to be culturally sensitive to the history of other country's pasts?

Actually not.. But hey, whatever rocks your boat.

Racist, bigot, ***phobe, etc. are all names for Satan in the new leftist religion. They think that if they just lump up into a large herd of group-think and collectively call you a racist, then it must br true. Their religion is validated!
OK.

I don't believe it's racist and I think if anyone is offended by a kid (with help from a parent) trying to emulate their hero then I think they need to examine their own thoughts and feelings and become either more compassionate or resilient or whatever they need to do to see this as an isolated thing and not some broader hate crime.

But it's still not something that should be praised and it's still inappropriate and it should be treated as such.

What I don't like in these situations is the name calling from both sides. Particularly when it comes from people who should no better. Educated academics, social commentators, minority group leaders etc.

Typically the left side starts with calling things racist and adds a bunch of other adjectives really designed to belittle the opposing side and then the right side like the mother in this case crap on about the PC police and justify their actions.

In the end hopefully they both look stupid and the people with some smarts and compassion walk down the middle like Nic Nat has done and show us all how to be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know anything about this countrys past?
Please, please explain to me the relevance of our country's past with regard to a kid who adores Nic-Nat and decides to dress up like him for a school costume day. Kids have idols, kid loves Nic-Nat, kid wishes he was Nic-Nat.

KID'S A RACIST!

The political correctness police will never be happy until everyone else leaves this country and they can exist in their own utopia of outright lunacy.

Watch all the cultural marxist fanatics come out of the woodwork.
I'll certainly do that, as soon as anyone can come up with a definition of "cultural marxist" that isn't laughably meaningless.

Anyone who looks at the global contemporary capitalist world would find it hard to believe that we are living under a Marxist hegemony.
Anyone who takes a cool look at the last three decades of politics will think it bizarre that anyone could interpret what’s happened as the triumph of some all-powerful left.

Even when a white skinned person wants to be black like his hero its racist, **** me...
No, when a white kid gets his face painted black by his own deadshit bogan mother who does so to make a point about political correctness, it's on the back of one of three things, ignorance, stupidity or racism....maybe a little of all three.

This is actually the opposite of racism which is why the outrage is so disgusting.

No, when a white kid gets his face painted black by his own deadshit bogan mother who does so to make a point about political correctness, it's on the back of one of three things, ignorance, stupidity or racism....maybe a little of all three.

You're a dickhead. There was nothing racist about it the kid looked just like his hero, too bad the media and his hero are ****wits!

You're a dickhead. There was nothing racist about it the kid looked just like his hero, too bad the media and his hero are *******s!
You're the dickhead who can't read.

The mum knew blackface would cause a stir, she did it anyway.

She's a ****wit at best, a racist bigot at worst.

You're the dickhead who can't read.

The mum knew blackface would cause a stir, she did it anyway.

She's a ******* at best, a racist bigot at worst.

Yeah because everybody is so precious... It's not racist though

The definition of racism Oxford

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:theories of racism

How can it be racist to make yourself look like someone of a race that in racist terms would be considered inferior, when your representation of them is in an idolising manner?

The answer is it can't. They were not degrading a race but instead admiring the sporting prowess of a person of another race. This would in fact be the opposite of racism.

Do you know anything about this countrys past?

A lot of people don't realise that blacks were persecuted here worse than the USA.

And when I say blacks I'm not referring to the indigenous. Many black slaves from the americas ended up here. I'm descended from one of them, and it was hidden from me until I was an adult.

A lot of people don't realise that blacks were persecuted here worse than the USA.

And when I say blacks I'm not referring to the indigenous. Many black slaves from the americas ended up here. I'm descended from one of them, and it was hidden from me until I was an adult.
Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Nic Naitanui urges public to ‘grow together’ after mother paints son’s skin for Book Week parade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back