Nice one Sainters...but wait...

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Lockyer24
Collingwood officially concede for season 2004.

How on earth are we going to compete against the might of the Saints backline, and the Cats forward line?

Yours Truly,
The Troy Schwarze Fan Club.

I'm considering asking Grant Thomas if I can somehow become listed before Round One.

I mean, if people sporting no ability, physique or mental aptitude can play the game at the highest level, why not me?

At least I'd be able to contain Kent Kingsley to a tally that correlates to his ability.

Thomas

Originally posted by deliberate!!
......anyone could coach the Saints to a spot in the 8 this year....and they could....and he's right......look at the side they've got......what's Grant doing that anyone else couldn't with the picks the Saints have made? I could sit under a verandah in Fiji and Fax that team to a final 8 position this year....
Far quit! There's another one for the "ignore list":rolleyes:

Originally posted by The Fireman
So anyone can coach hey? hhmm ok.
So you would put the future of kids in the hands of someone like Robert Shaw?
when will GT reach the dizzy heights of your expectations??
Floodbuster, give you a clue , put $hit on someone who is stuffing up.
Give you another one , have a think before you post.

Grant Thomas is like the Managers son, is only there because of who he knows.
His efforts with the saints over the past couple of years have shown that he is nothing but a lacklustre coach.
But hey it is a great innovation by Rod Butters when you look at it, I mean Grant has displayed his appalling coaching methods in such a way he has earnt draft pick after draft pick after pathetic season after season that he has been rewarded a team of superstars from underachieving seasons.
St Kilda should not have finished bottom in 2001, 2002 they should of been in the eight, 2003 they had the potential but again underachieved and finished outside the eight.
It is amazing how other clubs have used one lacklustre season and been able to take advantage of it and rise up the ladder,but St Kilda just seem to always be building.
One example is West Coast, 15th in 2001, recruited Kerr and Judd, used their picks effectively and played finals within a year.
St Kilda have been in the wilderness since last century, It is now 2004 and while the other 15 teams have been going around the cycle, St Kilda are the ones to **** it up by still languishing in the bottom eight, they now have such are strong list that if Thomas doesn't make the eight this year I would hope the St Kilda FC would be investigated for being incompetent and made insolvent. I mean it has gone past the point of obvious how bad GT has done with his list. He always blames the old culture etc etc but he has had too many excuses, we are seeing the best talent in the AFL going to the saints every year as a reward for their incompetence of being such a mediocre orginization.
Could you imagine how much of a Powerhouse any other club in the AFL would be with all St Kildas recent Priority/concessions, draft picks over the last 5 years? It looked great for the Saints in 2001 with Blight coming to the club, he used discipline and tried to install some respect in the club, something St Kilda lacked immensely at the time. But as being the St Kilda way, the little boys like Grant Thomas, Burkey etc couldn't handle someone putting them in their place and Blight got shafted.
The only reason that disappoints me about this whole issue is that Grant Thomas couldn't shop himself out of a shopping aisle, yet he has been given a powerhouse side on AFL Concessions etc a side that will be a force this year and a side that will be a top 4 force for years to come and he will take all the accolades, accolades he does not deserve.

Originally posted by The Floodbuster
...St Kilda should not have finished bottom in 2001, 2002...

...Burkey etc couldn't handle someone putting them in their place and Blight got shafted.....
floodbuster, you write as if you think you have some knowledge of footy, sadly your words betray you as an imposter :D

... Grant Thomas ....will take all the accolades....
I've never once seen GT seeking any accolades, rather I think he is very humble. Not that that is something I'd expect someone with antiGT blinkers to notice.

Re: Re: Re: Thomas

Originally posted by evertonfc
And I'll second that reference.

But Deliberate has a valid point, it won't take more than a Fiji Fax machine to get St Kilda in the eight this year.
I know it is impossible for the Saints to miss the Eight this year, I myself see them in the top four.
But as a Saint what if you did miss the eight this year?
Would you be able to listen to another year of Grant Thomas's excuses of building a list?
I am just dumbfounded how many chances Thomas can have, he has had too many now and basically it is just a joke that being so mediocre over his time he is going to get credited with a side that can't miss the eight, Thomas or no Thomas. Thomas has been a burden on the Saints, he has no respect, he has got no balls, he has no control, he lacks intelligence, he has no communication skills, he is incompetent, he lacks discipline and overall lacks leadership qualities a coach needs.
Remember his little backstabbing effort on Blight a few years back, or more recently on Capuano last year. Capuano was a Dud but as Caps was not one of his favourites who didn't have to give him respect he had to go to the board and get them to do his dirty work. Last year Lawrence and Gehrig get ****faced, Lawrence crashes his car, gets contract terminated, could you imagine if that was Lenny Hayes in the car, he would of kissed him and made up. Also it is great to see Burkey and GT mates again.
Anyway, this year the Saints will be a threat to all sides in the finals, I have thought this for the last few years that the saints would be in the mix, but they have just not cut it and gone below expectations.
I put this down to the coach.
Only looking back in 2000 when both of us were fighting off the wooden spoon with Collingwood, Collingwood and Port developing into successive top 4 sides over the years when St kilda at the time had a list that matched both clubs and have just wrangled at the bottom and just accumulated star after star, do you agree that if St Kilda had a Mick malthouse or Mark williams they would of been a top 4 side by now?

Originally posted by karnaby

I've never once seen GT seeking any accolades, rather I think he is very humble.

I think even Grant probably knows that he can't coach and maybe feels guilty to the public eye for taking any accolades which is the reason you have seen him not seeking.
Even tonights Presentation when they called his name out just before Lenny Hayes to accept the Cup, Grant actually walked off the podium before re-appearing 30 seconds later to accept the cup. Maybe if he left the Coaches box over the last few years your club would of had a bit more respectable ranking.

Grant Thomas is like the Managers son, is only there because of who he knows.
His efforts with the saints over the past couple of years have shown that he is nothing but a lacklustre coach.

As opposed to Watson/Blight?????

But hey it is a great innovation by Rod Butters when you look at it, I mean Grant has displayed his appalling coaching methods in such a way he has earnt draft pick after draft pick after pathetic season after season that he has been rewarded a team of superstars from underachieving seasons.
How long do you think he's been there? Riewoldt/Kosi = Watson
Ball/Clarke = Blight. 100% of priority picks accumulated prior to Thomas

St Kilda should not have finished bottom in 2001, 2002 they should of been in the eight, 2003 they had the potential but again underachieved and finished outside the eight.
With less than 10 players on the injured list for the majority of those seasons they may just about hav done that. Blights pre-season training methods have a lot to answer for.

It is amazing how other clubs have used one lacklustre season and been able to take advantage of it and rise up the ladder,but St Kilda just seem to always be building.
One example is West Coast, 15th in 2001, recruited Kerr and Judd, used their picks effectively and played finals within a year.
3 years in the bottom 3 to accumulate draft picks, I raise you Collingwood, Freo and Brisbane. Soon to be joined by Carlton.

St Kilda have been in the wilderness since last century, It is now 2004 and while the other 15 teams have been going around the cycle, St Kilda are the ones to **** it up by still languishing in the bottom eight, they now have such are strong list that if Thomas doesn't make the eight this year I would hope the St Kilda FC would be investigated for being incompetent and made insolvent.
Cycle, didn't we finish top 7 seasons ago, that would constitute a cycle, surely

I mean it has gone past the point of obvious how bad GT has done with his list. He always blames the old culture etc etc but he has had too many excuses, we are seeing the best talent in the AFL going to the saints every year as a reward for their incompetence of being such a mediocre orginization.
Yawn yawn yawn

Could you imagine how much of a Powerhouse any other club in the AFL would be with all St Kildas recent Priority/concessions, draft picks over the last 5 years?
I'd imagine they'd call themselves the Lions, the next ones, let me think, would wear Purple.

It looked great for the Saints in 2001 with Blight coming to the club, he used discipline and tried to install some respect in the club, something St Kilda lacked immensely at the time. But as being the St Kilda way, the little boys like Grant Thomas, Burkey etc couldn't handle someone putting them in their place and Blight got shafted.
Pity Blight didn't apply the discipline to himself, part tiem coaches are a thing of the past, having 30+ 100kg+ Stewie Loewes doing the same pre-season as first year recruits is also long gone.

The only reason that disappoints me about this whole issue is that Grant Thomas couldn't shop himself out of a shopping aisle, yet he has been given a powerhouse side on AFL Concessions etc a side that will be a force this year and a side that will be a top 4 force for years to come and he will take all the accolades, accolades he does not deserve.

So that rules out Brisbane, Freo, Collingwood, St Kilda, Melbourne, Doggies, Port, Blues, who does deserve it?

Congratulations on the most thought out misinformed piece of dribble I've read on Bigfooty, some effort.

Originally posted by MrCatMan
Nice one Sainters...but wait...till Steven King returns.

+Steve Johnson
+Ling (without concussion)
+Fit G. Ablett
+Fit Chapman

The signs are great for the cats. We just came up short against a form team.

Let's hope we can meet in Spetember, 'bout time some Melbourne teams started to show some backbone,
MrCatMan

PS: I'm serious about the congrats, except for the way Guerra played (dirty little @#$%)

Excuses, excuses you CHOKED AGAIN. :p

Obviously if we dont make the 8 this year GT will be outed!! he will resign because noone moreso than himself is a STKILDA FAN!!!

Its hard to tell how the season will go but footy these days is about depth and my god do stkilda have that, so im confident will be fine!!

The guy that wrote steven king unfit ling with concussion etc etc... thats footy whos left standing is the better SIDE NO EXCUSES, please!!!

Last night was a great game. It was even everywhere except for two things

1. stkilda forward line hammil, gehrig and reiwoldt STOOD UP IN LAST QUARTER showed great quality to do it after being down.

2. Efforts from Steven Baker, Guerra, Dal, Voss Aussie the way these guys go in second, third and fourth efforts was the difference they are pure nuts. Something if geelong works on will be just as unstoppable as the saints. Geelong have a great runners and defense cant wait for this season im excited to see their progress now They earned some respect from me last night but maybe they were playing outside themselves?? maybe not.. but they were on.

BTW did anyone see what dal santo did I think last quarter the quickest handball and blind turn and something else it was insane best thing ive seen since winmars stuff!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thomas

Last year Lawrence and Gehrig get ****faced, Lawrence crashes his car, gets contract terminated, could you imagine if that was Lenny Hayes in the car, he would of kissed him and made up.

No I couldn't imagine if it was Lenny Hayes, that would be the point, he wouldn't be on his third and final warning either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by MrCatMan
Nice one Sainters...but wait...till Steven King returns.

+Steve Johnson
+Ling (without concussion)
+Fit G. Ablett
+Fit Chapman

The signs are great for the cats. We just came up short against a form team.

Let's hope we can meet in Spetember, 'bout time some Melbourne teams started to show some backbone,
MrCatMan

PS: I'm serious about the congrats, except for the way Guerra played (dirty little @#$%)

Ok then wait till

Fit Kosi
Hudghehton
L.Fisher
Brookes (after he gets 50 games under his belt!!!)

Everyone has injuries mate and id suggest we have more talent TO RETURN than you!!

Injuries are no excuse for Geelong's lamentable last quarter performance.

But that,
Everyone has injuries mate and id suggest we have more talent TO RETURN than you!!

is a joke.

Steven King is in the top echelon. A super star of the game whose influence is vastly underrated by many. He is, after all, our leader and vocal point (Nick Riewoldt).

Steve Johnson is a young, classy and moderately inexperienced forward. (Just 27 games, with an average of 1.4 goals a game and will improve).

Max Hudghton, well, blow me away. I'd give Scarlo up for such a superstar.

Originally posted by Shaitan
If you ask me, Geelong's team is on par with the Saints in every department, except for Nick Riewoldt.

Riewoldt, Riewoldt. In which year did the Saints finish last to get that player?

Re: Re: Nice one Sainters...but wait...

Originally posted by Hawk_2004
Excuses, excuses you CHOKED AGAIN. :p

No probs HAWK_2004, we all know that you have already claimed the 2004 premiership cup........don't choke on it or you might get flamed!!
MrCatMan

Originally posted by Wally16
The guy that wrote steven king unfit ling with concussion etc etc... thats footy whos left standing is the better SIDE NO EXCUSES, please!!!

Ahem....

I never offered those as excuses, merley pontied out that these guys are going to add to our team when they come back online. If I could have only one player back it would be King......I wouldn;t get too carried away if I were a Saints Supporter, every one will want to knock them off to achieve some glory now right throughout 2004 and you really have an ordinary Ruck and some big questions over your defence (remember Cats = second worst attack in 2003).
MrCatMan

Originally posted by GFC MAD!
Riewoldt, Riewoldt. In which year did the Saints finish last to get that player?
I think it was the 90's.......or was it the 80's.......which year did they not finish on bottom?? :D
MrCatMan

:confused: :confused:

saint supporters seem pretty quite to me - i think the club as a whole have been outstanding with the way they've handled this victory.

you geelong supporters were actually the ones doing all the talking...

Saint supporters quiet? Where the hell have you been buddy? Oh that's right, digging your head into a hole after each match you've lost so far. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by GeeCat
Saint supporters quiet? Where the hell have you been buddy? Oh that's right, digging your head into a hole after each match you've lost so far. :rolleyes:

Have a look when the last saint posted in this thread. You're starting to look very stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice one Sainters...but wait...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back