Nicest player you have ever met past and present

Remove this Banner Ad

Crawf is a legend. Great sense of humour on the bloke, and probably the most friendly player ive met.

I dont know why everyone trys to bring Franklin down, is it because he looks arrogant? Met him and Roughead out at a club one night, Franklin shook my hand and was like any typical 20 year-old that you would come across. Roughie had one to many beers and passed one my way. Great blokes.

my dad taught brett ratten in primary school, apparently the nicest kid he has ever taught...also taught sam mitchell and thought the opposite ;)

Some good family friends of ours also taught sammy mitchell, said he was a pretty cheeky kid, but genuinly nice. They saw him locally a few months ago and he took the time to chat with them etc. I've only met him once but he really was a top bloke :thumbsu:

Also met Dipper at his restaurant and he was just friendly and funny.

Would like to meet Billy Brownless and see if what you see is what you get. I couldn't imagine him being anything but nice.

Dipper held a door open for me at the Alana and Madeline foundation office and we chatted in the lift, he was nice.

Billy is great, but not that hot as a Kisser.

Van Der Har...OMG.

Daic's is just awe inspiring, a lovely bloke and well....

Theres only been two I would call A-holes, one was open and loud about it at Vic Park after I'd called him fat and useless on FTO. I think everyone on the 3rd floor heard us scream at each other hey Scotty pity you didn't hit me mate I could have done with the cash. The other was more discreet with a quiet whisper of "get the frog away from me" as I went to say hello after having a chat with his old house-mate Dids.

Surprisingly, it would have to be Dean Solomon. I spoke to him once, but was too drunk to realise who he was until someone told me. Never once mentioned that he was a footballer, we just ended up talking about surfing, just a geniune good bloke. Anthony Rocca, Peter Daicos and Damian Monkhurst were also great value. It probably helped that I didn't mention to them that I was a Melbourne supporter!

rupert betheras,top bloke and very down to earth unlike that bald pig called klim

yeh i bumped into him once on chapel street. i only smiled at him (was about 12 at the time), he gave a massive grin back and a thumbs up.
about an hour later i was walking back in the other direction and he was sitting at the window of a burger shop. smiled at him again (slightly more confidently this time), and he gave an even bigger smile back.
i even got to see some food stuck in his teeth:D

me and my dad also bumped into ronnie wearmouth at the footy once. we were going down a lift somewhere in the old members, and it was just me, dad and ronnie in the lift. he was wearing a really bad hawaiin shirt and was clutching a bottle of wine in one hand. he didnt look too drunk, but certainly resembled a man who shifts a lot of booze.
i had no idea who he was at the time, but after dad saw his face, he was really excited. dad told ronnie what a champ he was, and mentioned how he'll never forget one goal that ronnie kicked in one of those losing grand finals.
wearmouth looked so over the moon that someone had taken the time to say something positive that he very nearly cried

...by this stage we were out of the lift and walking outside the g.

he seemed like an extremely nice man, and i hear he was an unbelievable footballer

Nietz, met him 4 times, 3 times outside MSAC and once outside of my car lol i looked out the window and guess who was in the lexus next to me :D he knows my name, thats why his nice :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glenn Archer, who else. Top Guy- met him once and everything they say about him is true.Level headed, easy going, unassuming etc etc....

steve alessio was awesome, as is nick maxwell, and simon prestigiacomo.

Mick martyb was a funny man.

talked to toovey, obrien and pendlebury after collingwood trainign earlier this year for about 20 minutes and they are all fabtastic guys all down to earth and have grat sense of humour

Yeah, Lloyd. Champ.

Also, and I'm not trying to start a fire here, and I haven't met him either, though I have met his wife, I have heard from someone who has had a lot (LOT) to do with him, that James Hird, at Essendon, would be the person most likely not to give you the time of day. Make of that what you will, but if it came from this person, who would see him at least a few times a week, then I believe it.

With Hird, a lot comes down to the context in which you meet him.

Jim's one of the most private guys you'll ever meet. A lot of footballers are the ultimate extroverts, and whilst James isn't a social isolate, that's just not his nature.

If James had his own way, he wouldn't get recognised where ever he went. What comes with being recognised is attention, and that's the last thing he wants. There are some no doubt exaggerated stories of him snubbing people, and I'm sure it's happened, but that's in keeping with the reasonably private life he lives outside of football.

If you meet James in proper circumstances, he's a great bloke. He'll give you all the time of day that's possible. His friends will tell you that there's no better friend to have. He just doesn't particularly enjoy the experience of being ambushed by autograph hunters, and I don't blame him.

Easy. Chris Mainwaring. A true champion. It has nothing to do with recent events either. I was blown away with how humble and down to Earth he was.
There are few like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicest player you have ever met past and present

Remove this Banner Ad

Back