Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he is no chance for week 1. That would be only 5 weeks from the injury which has been touted as a 6 weeker at best? After we win in week 1, he will be ready for the prelim!
I doubt there would even be scope for an early return with this injury. No weight bearing for the set number of weeks. Then the ramping up of load before playing for a set period of time. I doubt they'd shorten either variable and risk reoccurence.

I doubt there would even be scope for an early return with this injury. No weight bearing for the set number of weeks. Then the ramping up of load before playing for a set period of time. I doubt they'd shorten either variable and risk reoccurence.
Well, doctor, I will defer to your knowledge of orthopaedics as my further studies took me towards neurosurgery and epidemiology.

A spy tells me Nick was on the bike at training this morning.

Well, doctor, I will defer to your knowledge of orthopaedics as my further studies took me towards neurosurgery and epidemiology.

A spy tells me Nick was on the bike at training this morning.
Fair call. I may be relying on anecdotal evidence of what they used to do with different body parts. Put plaster on for a set number of weeks - 2 weeks after the itching and annoyance becomes intolerable - remove plaster - slowly see if it works again.

There may be new fangled methods. I wouldn't trust them though - the itching and annoyance is crucial.

Anyone know how his tracking with his knee?

Is first week of finals any chance?

Lower limb fractures are almost always 6 weeks, assuming it’s not a distal fibula which has been surgically pinned/screwed.

I think there’ll be a lot of bluff and bluster about him possibly playing, and then the reality of a superstar young player on a 6-year contract will kick in and he’ll miss until the PF.

He’ll be able to partially weightbear for some of that time, but that’s different to running and kicking.

Fair call. I may be relying on anecdotal evidence of what they used to do with different body parts. Put plaster on for a set number of weeks - 2 weeks after the itching and annoyance becomes intolerable - remove plaster - slowly see if it works again.

There may be new fangled methods. I wouldn't trust them though - the itching and annoyance is crucial.

Nah that’s pretty close to the mark. He was probably in a splint rather than plaster but otherwise the vibe is right.

Nah that’s pretty close to the mark. He was probably in a splint rather than plaster but otherwise the vibe is right.

Can they do scans of bone density or something like that to see if they can move to kicking and running earlier, or is it like it is with plebs - date of plaster/splint removal is set at the beggining, so you don't move to the next phase earlier?

Can they do scans of bone density or something like that to see if they can move to kicking and running earlier, or is it like it is with plebs - date of plaster/splint removal is set at the beggining, so you don't move to the next phase earlier?

More like they check at various stages that the fracture is healing as expected. So kind of pass/fail various checkpoints rather than as a percentage ahead or behind of schedule. There is not really scope for an accelerated recovery.

His bone density at his age is going to be great, it’s a non-issue.

More like they check at various stages that the fracture is healing as expected. So kind of pass/fail various checkpoints rather than as a percentage ahead or behind of schedule. There is not really scope for an accelerated recovery.

His bone density at his age is going to be great, it’s a non-issue.
He'll be a great addition for the prelim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be stunned if he doesn’t play our second final, whatever week that is

The issue will be maintaining his fitness while unable to fully weightbear. Hence running in the pool or on the AlterG, bike etc.

Can kiss the Coaches award good bye but I think he still has a chance in the Brownlow. If it wasn’t for the injury he would’ve swept all the awards.

Also any chance a opposition coach can put someone on Butters. Good player who never has anyone near him and opposition fans have a go at Nick running around by himself.

Reportedly off crutches

Is it possible they're gunning for an earlier than expected return having kept him on crutches for so long?

They clearly didn't want him putting any pressure on that knee for an extended period.

It seems i'm in a minority but preface my opinion with I know bugger all about broken bones. I think if the scans are good and he fully trains the week before our first final, he should play. Simple equation really. So that' training starts two weeks today.

Yes if there is a risk of long term damage we should be cautious, but if the medicos are saying he is OK and it's just match fitness, I'd back the kids tank in every time.

It seems i'm in a minority but preface my opinion with I know bugger all about broken bones. I think if the scans are good and he fully trains the week before our first final, he should play. Simple equation really. So that' training starts two weeks today.

Yes if there is a risk of long term damage we should be cautious, but if the medicos are saying he is OK and it's just match fitness, I'd back the kids tank in every time.
Not a great username to content ratio. 6 weeks minimum, no way you would risk it.

Honestly feels like it was 10 weeks ago.

He's favourite for the Norm Smith. The bookies have full faith in us coming good and Nick getting back to his best 😂
More like they've already taken so much on it and are set for a loss, so they've got to discourage too much more betting on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back