Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Either his initial comments were taken out of context or McRae walked them back because he certainly didn’t rule him out in the presser. For him to make the QF (highly unlikely) I suspect he’ll need to be making that transition to running by Friday and for us to have the Saturday arvo time slot.
Word is we’re playing Thursday night as that’s the “advantageous” spot for 1st place. I’d much rather a Friday night game and force Carlton to play Sunday or Saturday night.

Word is we’re playing Thursday night as that’s the “advantageous” spot for 1st place. I’d much rather a Friday night game and force Carlton to play Sunday or Saturday night.
Advantageous for the loser of that final who had to play the following week.
Not advantageous when you win and don’t play until 15-16 days later in a prelim. I’ll be worried if we get the Thursday night. I’ll also not be able to go either ☹️

According to this, if Melbourne players get concussed today they could miss the Thursday night game due to concussion protocol.

Also crowd attendance would be lower on the Thursday compared to a Friday night for these teams.

Not sure what the AFL are thinking…

According to this, if Melbourne players get concussed today they could miss the Thursday night game due to concussion protocol.

Also crowd attendance would be lower on the Thursday compared to a Friday night for these teams.

Not sure what the AFL are thinking…

They want to maximise tv ratings by having 3 night games. That’s more important to them than the 5-10k they might lose by having the game on Thursday rather than Friday night. I’m not actually convinced it would make a big difference in attendance either though as if people don’t want to attend on a weeknight, their ticket will be purchased by someone else. I’d much rather it be on a Friday too. Ideally:

Thursday: Brisbane v 3rd
Friday: Collingwood v 4th
Saturday: 5th v 8th
Saturday night: 6th v 7th

But that’s only possible if at least one interstate team finish 5th or 6th.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts straight line jogging this week. Before amping it up next week and start proper movement.

But that's just a guess based on the slight back and forth about whether or not he'd be available for the QF.

How long was Sidebottom on the track running and kicking etc before returning to the side?

Don't be surprised if he plays in the first final.

I hope we don’t take any risks with Daicos.

Nick is the future of the club over the next 10+ years. It would be hugely disappointing if this injury turned into something more chronic because rushed him back in a panic about one game and he aggravated it. We need to take the long view with him and, in the short term, trust that our system and available players can get the job done against the Dees.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it an annual thing that the AFL Coaches Association don't release the votes on their award for the last 2 weeks to try and build up some suspense towards who's going to win it? I can't remember previous seasons.
It is standard. So on the night there is a bit of suspense

I was told last week he was on track for a Semi final if that happens.

Hopefully we win the first final and he gets the extra week break.

I was told last week he was on track for a Semi final if that happens.

Hopefully we win the first final and he gets the extra week break.

Yes and the club gets to a prelim played at the MCG. I’d quite like that part, too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back