Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

No she just said De konning is “the rising star for me” she’s a clodd we n like most of the media

10 possessions, most of which were switches across the backline. He did his job ok but mercy me, the hyperbole is off the charts.

10 possessions, most of which were switches across the backline. He did his job ok but mercy me, the hyperbole is off the charts.
It’s ridiculous this kid has been on geelongs list for 3 years that’s 3 pre seasons he’s done and he still can’t be compared to Nicky D the kid has not played any football for 2 years and comes in as an 18 year old as in outplaying seasoned vets I don’t see how anyone can think this kid isn’t the rising star imagine if JHF was pulling in numbers like Nicky D

Daisy Pearce just said De Koning clear rising star because of his game against Ben Brown and the commentating team agreed.
Yes…that was a weird call.
I normally like her comments…but that didn’t make any sense.
Brown was actually playing well & looking dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Dees tonight, I was thinking, if they had Nick Daicos they might be able to clear the ball from defence, but alas for them... Quality tall and small defenders are just about the most important players in the game at the moment.
Isn't that the role Salem was recruited for and playing in years past?

I watched a bit last night, Salem can kick but he doesn't often bite off those dangerous kicks that put players into space. He seems like a frustrating type, plenty of talent but can lack dare.

Watching the Dees tonight, I was thinking, if they had Nick Daicos they might be able to clear the ball from defence, but alas for them... Quality tall and small defenders are just about the most important players in the game at the moment.
Well they had the 19 year old Jack Bowey - and seeing how it is so easy as a 19yo half back to gather possessions I'm surprised he didn't get at least 30 last night.

Isn't that the role Salem was recruited for and playing in years past?

I watched a bit last night, Salem can kick but he doesn't often bite off those dangerous kicks that put players into space. He seems like a frustrating type, plenty of talent but can lack dare.
Salem is class. Was outstanding last finals. Can't create space as well as our boy though. And needed a bit of help back there when the Cats were turning the screws and had the ball locked in. How easily Daicos and Noble have cleared defence has been really significant for us, I think.

Well they had the 19 year old Jack Bowey - and seeing how it is so easy as a 19yo half back to gather possessions I'm surprised he didn't get at least 30 last night.

Don’t worry, De Koning will always be king of Daisy Pearce’s heart.

Salem is class. Was outstanding last finals. Can't create space as well as our boy though. And needed a bit of help back there when the Cats were turning the screws and had the ball locked in. How easily Daicos and Noble have cleared defence has been really significant for us, I think.
On the bolded, I think that Daicos and Noble actually have an amazing synergy and Nick has made Noble a better player in the past few months. The amount of times you see them running out of defence together, giving one-two’s to avoid incoming defenders is ridiculous. And once again, they’re not cheap stat padding possessions, they’re running and carrying and helping each other avoid trouble while doing it. I’ve loved watching them do that this year.

On the bolded, I think that Daicos and Noble actually have an amazing synergy and Nick has made Noble a better player in the past few months. The amount of times you see them running out of defence together, giving one-two’s to avoid incoming defenders is ridiculous. And once again, they’re not cheap stat padding possessions, they’re running and carrying and helping each other avoid trouble while doing it. I’ve loved watching them do that this year.
They're just side-stepping blokes so easily and accelerate so quickly. Side-step, sprint 10. Then handball forward to the other one who has gotten himself 10 metres ahead of the ball. Sprint another 10 and if nothing else is on, kick it long to a contest 80 metres away from where it began. It's just not getting locked in very often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back