Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Mature Age recruits don’t count

Selwood was good but daicos is better

I don’t recall Greene’s first year and very few people would so I’ll take your word for it.
Greene averaged over 28 touches a game and kicked 8 goals, but GWS were 2-17 in games he played that year and were getting smashed every week.

Just remembered something amusing. I grew up with my old man telling me he used to play kick-to-kick with Daicos Snr when Daics was visiting his auntie in the street we lived on in Northcote.
Was he dribble kicking the ball through the gaps in the hedge?

I can't remember any player living up to and exceeding the hype around them like Nick has done

Honestly there was never any doubt.

I had 100% confidence he’d live up to and exceed the hype.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How often do half back players get tagged?

It happens.

Paul Williams used to get tagged, especially in his Sydney years.

Sydney brought Ryan Clarke in specifically to tag Sinclair when they played the Saints and it stymied their ball movement from defence to attack. Big reason why Sydney won.

The following week Vossy didn't bother and Sinclair cut them up through the middle of the ground. Big reason why the Saints won. I don't expect Longmuir to let him get away with it this weekend.

Hope they don't start tagging Whisper, but I suspect it'll take some doing and Maynard and Quaynor will probably just start dominating in counterattack anyway

No I think it’s you who is confused. This is a Coodabeen champions reference, not Benny Hill.

Cliff from Clematis
Timmy from Thomastown
Digger
Peter from peterborough
Ivan from Ivanhoe
Danny from Droop St
Stan the statistician from Stradbroke island
Massive Merv from Moorabbin
Helen from Healesville
Guru Bob

"They talk of great comebacks. Tony, in pre-history, the cockroach went to the brink of extinction, before becoming the most prolific insect on the planet.
THAT is the greatest comeback of all time, AND they went on with it".

Guru Bob

"They talk of great comebacks. Tony, in pre-history, the cockroach went to the brink of extinction, before becoming the most prolific insect on the planet.

“A crown is just a hat that lets the rain in… think about that!”

Guru Bob

How are the sheep mate?

Guru Bob

Technically Guru Bob wasn’t a caller. More a special comments expert.

“ A champion team will always beat a team of champions. Unless that team of champions is very very good”.

Nick is now the leading disposal getter for the Pies this year.
It's not the number of disposals he gets, it's his kicking that impresses me.
Hits his target so often is ridiculous.

If he doesn't win the rising star, it will be because he is so smooth that he barely looks challenged. He does it way too easy.

How many players past or present could have made the kick to Josh in the last quarter.

Nick gets the ball and in less than one second spies Josh on the opposite wing and hits him up perfectly.

Buckley could have made that kick, maybe someone like Robbie Grey - any others?
How many others?
None in their 15th game.

It's not the number of disposals he gets, it's his kicking that impresses me.
Hits his target so often is ridiculous.

If he doesn't win the rising star, it will be because he is so smooth that he barely looks challenged. He does it way too easy.

Yes a lot of people are pointing out that he gets a lot of his possessions uncontested. Kinda like saying that a top surgeon gets a lot of referrals… yeah but look what he does with the scalpel!

Jai Newcombe’s second-season (aged 21) stats are not that dissimilar to Rupert Wills’ (aged 23) debut season. 3.5 more possessions on average, and about 3.5 fewer tackles on average. The tackles are actually harder to come by! Wills went on to play 18 more AFL games and is now a lawyer.

How are the sheep mate?
Lost 2 two weeks ago, bloody humans who let their dogs roam.

Followed the bastards until the ranger got them.

Hope they put the owner down instead of the dogs!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back