11 - Walters
12 - Michie
20 - Anthony
22 - Faulks
25 - Pitt
28 - van Berlo
33 - Mellington
34 - Griffen

Leaving 38, 42 and44 for our 3 rookies, Ruffles keeps 35.

Agree on the great Vivian Richards as the source of Viv's knickname. I like "Master Blaster", but thats a bit of a mouthful out on the field. What about "Richie"? Rhymes and also brings in another great cricket man, Mr Benaud.

I like "Duke" for Mellington, the average footballer might not get it though.

I'd like to start a campaign:

De Boer for Number 4

Just seems to be the perfect guy to take Hasleby's number. Not as naturally talented as Hase, but both work as hard as they can to get the best out of themselves, and by all accounts, both are top blokes. :)

... after that, I don't really care who gets what. Actually, yes I do - keep the indigenous tradition in the #11 going and give it to Son-Son. He's already asked Des for it, and been told yes AFAIK. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

de Boer would suit the #4, but he may not want to change after making #40 his own - he has worn it for 2 seasons and played the most games in it now. Also, I agree with #11 for Walters.

dunno where the deboer hase likeness comes from?

Hase was always just a naturally talented footballer and was never much of an athlete.
Also for alot of the first half of his career he was pretty lazy with his work ethic an eating properly.
He got through on talent alone.

Deboer isnt as talented but has a great work ethic an works bloody hard to get the absolute best out of himself.

I might be drawing a long bow here but with someone who's best trait is his agression and defensive pressure - and kicking being his worst trait his spot in time might be under pressure from someone like Mellington in the long run - who has the same traits only a far better boot. Because of this the 4 might not be the best idea.

dunno where the deboer hase likeness comes from?

Hase was always just a naturally talented footballer and was never much of an athlete.
Also for alot of the first half of his career he was pretty lazy with his work ethic an eating properly.
He got through on talent alone.

Deboer isnt as talented but has a great work ethic an works bloody hard to get the absolute best out of himself.

Yeah DeBoer reminds me of Cookie if anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicknames and Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back