Nicky Winmar to take legal action against Newman, Scott and Sheahan

Remove this Banner Ad

He physically assaulted David Schwartz on air. There is no conceivable way he would have done that to a woman. He was only able to do it because Schwartz was a man. Same with endless verbal attacks on Dunstan. Couldn’t have been done to an AFLW player. You only notice the verbal attack on Caro because it stands out as an outlier against a sea of physical and verbal attacks on men that are so normalised you don’t even notice them.
Also a no.

So he intentionally puts himself in a situation where he knows people with mental health issues will flock to him? That seems pretty exploitive and f**ked up tbh.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but those segments weren't live were they? If they weren't, Sam Newman and the production team made the choice to then air the conversations with the "nutters of society" as you put it. Again, that's exploitive and f**ked up.

Man's a grub.
And where do people with mental health issues spend their time?
And you calling them nutters says alot about you. Who are you to say they're not mentally well enough to appear on TV? It probably made their day to see themselves on TV.

He physically assaulted David Schwartz on air. There is no conceivable way he would have done that to a woman. He was only able to do it because Schwartz was a man. Same with endless verbal attacks on Dunstan. Couldn’t have been done to an AFLW player. You only notice the verbal attack on Caro because it stands out as an outlier against a sea of physical and verbal attacks on men that are so normalised you don’t even notice them.
Lol he didn't assault him at all. It's a well known fact it was a pre planned gag ya muppet

And where do people with mental health issues spend their time?
And you calling them nutters says alot about you. Who are you to say they're not mentally well enough to appear on TV? It probably made their day to see themselves on TV.
Notice how I used inverted commas? Did you read the post I was replying to?

Maybe get some context before wading in.

Notice how I used inverted commas? Did you read the post I was replying to?

Maybe get some context before wading in.
Yeah I did notice how you 'indirectly' grouped together basically everyone and anyone who appeared on Street Talk as 'nutters'...am I missing something?

Yeah I did notice how you 'indirectly' grouped together basically everyone and anyone who appeared on Street Talk as 'nutters'...am I missing something?
Yes you're missing quite a lot. I used the term nutters in inverted commas because I was quoting Shane Heard's post (go back again and read through if you need). He said:

"It’s not his fault the nutters of society flocked to his microphone."

I was copying this terminology to highlight how gross Newman's conduct is.

Yes you're missing quite a lot. I used the term nutters in inverted commas because I was quoting Shane Heard's post (go back again and read through if you need). He said:

"It’s not his fault the nutters of society flocked to his microphone."

I was copying this terminology to highlight how gross Newman's conduct is.
Fair enough then.

Sam walked the street and people came up to him. He never cornered anyone. Those so called 'nutters' would have loved their 15 seconds of fame and quite often they took the piss out of Sam even more than he did to them. And correct me if wrong but Sam isn't the editor. He didn't put together the segment.

Fair enough then.

Sam walked the street and people came up to him. He never cornered anyone. Those so called 'nutters' would have loved their 15 seconds of fame and quite often they took the piss out of Sam even more than he did to them. And correct me if wrong but Sam isn't the editor. He didn't put together the segment.
Did Sam step out onto the street knowing the likely outcome? Did he continue to do the segment even after seeing how it was being presented on air?

I don't think it's reasonable to reduce his culpability in making the segment and taking advantage of vulnerable people.

Did Sam step out onto the street knowing the likely outcome? Did he continue to do the segment even after seeing how it was being presented on air?

I don't think it's reasonable to reduce his culpability in making the segment and taking advantage of vulnerable people.
You seem to know a fair bit about the segment. My guess is you tuned in every week and were entertained by it just like everyone else.

You seem to know a fair bit about the segment. My guess is you tuned in every week and were entertained by it just like everyone else.
I've honestly never watched the AFL footy show, I grew up in NSW. I've seen maybe one or two of his segments? It's not hard to draw conclusions from that.

Good job trying to shift the narrative though. Maybe stick to the issue at hand? 👍

Those here who despise Sam sure know a lot about him.

No wonder he has been able to a weekly podcast for 4 years.
WTF does this even mean? I know about Sam Newman because he's been thrust in my face on TV the for several decades. I also used to see him in person hanging around the Footscray Mall in the 1990s (I was working there and used to see him on my lunch break) where he would seek out the intellectually disabled students from the Footscray TAFE for "Hilarious" content. He's done a weekly podcast because he no longer has a gig on TV, but there are enough people who like his schtick to sustain that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicky Winmar to take legal action against Newman, Scott and Sheahan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back