AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super proud of the women on a very good season. After last season, we wanted improvement and we got it. After the last two seasons, we wanted a finals win and we got two of them. And ever since the robbery of 2020, we've desperately wanted a preliminary final appearance and we got that too. All-in-all, Crock, Kearns, and the whole team delivered.

Also, Brisbane, you have one job.
Super proud too.
But at the end of day didn’t deliver for another year with a very good list.
I think we are all very acceptable & conforming seeing some finals action compared to our senior men’s list.
At the end of the day the list needs an overhaul… think we need to go backwards to go forward in the next year or two .
Crocks including. Comes from the coaching school as Bard Scott .,.(no plan B) … pick his favourite players ….

Sack Crocks too ,
Been there too long , good list , no cigar
He's been coach less than two and a half years and just got the side to a prelim after changing their game to a faster more open and effective style of play.
Super proud too.
I think we are all very acceptable & conforming seeing some finals action compared to our senior men’s list.
At the end of the day the list needs an overhaul… think we need to go backwards to go forward in the next year or two .
Crocks including. Comes from the coaching school as Bard Scott .,.(no plan B) … pick his favourite players ….
Dude do you even follow this side?

Disapointing loss. I feel we only have a year or two left with a genuine chance at this and we're pissing it away.

Pisses me off so much we can't beat this team.

He's been coach less than two and a half years and just got the side to a prelim after changing their game to a faster more open and effective style of play.

Dude do you even follow this side?
I’m a member & been to all games including Geelong.
You ?

I’m a member & been to all games including Geelong.
You ?
i watch them from 1000 miles away and struggle to understand how you can watch them live and come to those conclusions. He's been coach less than two and a half years and just got a young inexperienced squad to a prelim with a new game plan.

I struggle to understand how a "very good list" supposedly "needs an overhaul". How about we do what Melbourne did, which was let their very good list in 2021 (which got them to, but no further than, a PF) continue to develop naturally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super proud too.

No offense intended, but you're an idiot. Did you not notice how many players we debuted this year? We have already overhauled.

Kearney is not a player you can duplicate, but how good would another one of her be in the middle.

Big tick to Crocker etc. for the switch to half back though.

I think Wright’s pros well and truly outweigh the cons.

She positions herself well and is strong over the footy.

She does fumble more than she should, and it’s the worst place on the ground to have that as a trait.

Kearney is not a player you can duplicate, but how good would another one of her be in the middle.

Big tick to Crocker etc. for the switch to half back though.
"That Quarterback Role" is a stupid description for playing a kick behind play or off the backline and attacking the ball and the contest and running off the backline, launching attacks. It just how bereft of brains the footy media are that they need to liken that to some seppo game.

She does it really well tho. Better at it than Jack was.

I think Smith maybe even surprised herself at how well she’s adapted to her role as a defensive midfielder.

She gets into dangerous position forward of centre as well. If she can add another 5 metres to her kicking (think she can) and develop her speed over 5 metres she could be a two way beast.

I
"That Quarterback Role" is a stupid description for playing a kick behind play or off the backline and attacking the ball and the contest and running off the backline, launching attacks. It just how bereft of brains the footy media are that they need to liken that to some seppo game.

She does it really well tho. Better at it than Jack was.
If anything it should be called the ‘returner’.

Team needs to rewatch the game again and concetrate on the way Melbourne move the ball forward using handball..Their handball skills to move the ball forward was amazing to watch...Handball skills should be a priority next season. Bring back Cable to teach them...;)

I also liked Jas Ferguson’s year. Reliable and knows her role.
Despite not having a turn of speed we seemed to use her well, as I don’t remember many instances of her pace being isolated and exploited.

I think Wright’s pros well and truly outweigh the cons.

She positions herself well and is strong over the footy.

She does fumble more than she should, and it’s the worst place on the ground to have that as a trait.
She needs a sports psyche or to meditate/do breathing exercises or whatever. So she can stay present in the moment instead of thinking about the next thing while she does the thing she is doing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back