Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

My son was so excited to see a win, wanted to go again this week. shame it was our last home game in Melbourne.
So good that your son got to see a win! My girls ‘barrack’ for North (their dad is a Pies supporter so I’ve given it my all to ensure they didn’t cross to the dark side!) but don’t often go to games with me. I’m taking them to the Doggies game - not sure if that will help or hinder the cause though!

I don’t think we give Richmond enough credit for the pressure they brought early on.

They were up for the fight and didn’t stop all day.

Defensively, early on and in the last quarter their backline was a brick wall.

Just couldn’t get it through.

This is where Pink and Treakle couldn’t provide a bail out option to give us territory.

The only way we seemed to score was through our class in players in LDU, Sheezel and Powell.

As for “this was their grand final” calls let’s wind back to round 2, 1990.
North and Richmond have met 49 times since.
The record is North 33 wins, 1 draw and Richmond 15 wins.

Played 2 finals in that run also that we won.

What a pathetic record. Always our bunnies.
"Nothing matters", as long as we keep beating the tigers! :D
nothing matters GIF
Hop Hop Hop Easter GIF by moonbug

I don’t think we give Richmond enough credit for the pressure they brought early on.

They were up for the fight and didn’t stop all day.

Defensively, early on and in the last quarter their backline was a brick wall.

Just couldn’t get it through.

This is where Pink and Treakle couldn’t provide a bail out option to give us territory.

The only way we seemed to score was through our class in players in LDU, Sheezel and Powell.

As for “this was their grand final” calls let’s wind back to round 2, 1990.
North and Richmond have met 49 times since.
The record is North 33 wins, 1 draw and Richmond 15 wins.

Played 2 finals in that run also that we won.

What a pathetic record. Always our bunnies.
richmond's midfield was stacked yesterday, taranto, hopper, bolton, graham, prestia, martin.

it was a good win considering our midfield didn't destroy them. so far this year our midfield has had dominate the midfield and win purely from that dominance, yesterday we showed some polish and maturity.

With our apparently chocca block midfield, I wouldn’t mind seeing one of those weapons put forward sometimes to make some things happen. Eg LDU, Sheezel, even Phillips is a threat down there. Just a thought. We wonder how to fit them all in.. Maybe we can with a bit of out the box thinking
Love seeing Sheez float down forward. Wish we had another 10 like him. Feel like Jy should spend more time down there. He’s been hurting us in the middle with his disposal (yesterday was particularly bad) but I don’t mind him forward, for some reason his kicking for goal is ok and you know he’ll always make a contest of it

So good that your son got to see a win! My girls ‘barrack’ for North (their dad is a Pies supporter so I’ve given it my all to ensure they didn’t cross to the dark side!) but don’t often go to games with me. I’m taking them to the Doggies game - not sure if that will help or hinder the cause though!
Well done in that you helped us get more supporters for our great club and not support the pies, they have enough supporters anyway and we can always need more! We are going to be so good that some people don't realise how good we are going to be, and that is without the talent from this years draft and don't forget the trade/free agency this year.

Thank you, from our great club, the dark side are soon going to be going the ways of the demons, the tigers and the cats even though they are trying to hang on, the grim reaper has his hands on them its just that they refuse to go down, but its inevitable.

My Collingwood partner and I got one boy each, then mine had zero interest in playing or watching football, so I’m happy to share the other son - Pies are his first team but he’s enthusiastic about North and it was very special to be there with him to experience a win together yesterday. I know with him it’s all about the gameday experience and not much to do with the wins - the takeaway food bill has grown a lot now he’s an older teenager!

Well done in that you helped us get more supporters for our great club and not support the pies, they have enough supporters anyway and we can always need more! We are going to be so good that some people don't realise how good we are going to be, and that is without the talent from this years draft and don't forget the trade/free agency this year.

Thank you, from our great club, the dark side are soon going to be going the ways of the demons, the tigers and the cats even though they are trying to hang on, the grim reaper has his hands on them its just that they refuse to go down, but its inevitable.
That’s exactly it, we need the supporters, they don’t. My girls are teenagers now so no chance of flipping! I keep telling them we will be a force before too long, the kids are just so good - exciting times ahead!

With our apparently chocca block midfield, I wouldn’t mind seeing one of those weapons put forward sometimes to make some things happen. Eg LDU, Sheezel, even Phillips is a threat down there. Just a thought. We wonder how to fit them all in.. Maybe we can with a bit of out the box thinking
Decent shout. Maybe WilPhil is the small forward we have been looking for? Snaps pretty well both feet and tackling is a strength.

My Collingwood partner and I got one boy each, then mine had zero interest in playing or watching football, so I’m happy to share the other son - Pies are his first team but he’s enthusiastic about North and it was very special to be there with him to experience a win together yesterday. I know with him it’s all about the gameday experience and not much to do with the wins - the takeaway food bill has grown a lot now he’s an older teenager!
That’s so good! Sounds like your son will share in your joy when we turn the corner, which is awesome. My girls are more about the gameday experience too - merch and soft drinks!

Was great to see another win, but I realised that if Tom Lynch was fit and playing, it would have been a bloodbath.

My only other comment is, after noting the emotional exhaustion of winning after so many losses, my Melbourne supporting brother noted
"Regular losing is so easy because there is no expectation, and a win is a little bonus. Not winning when you feel you have a good team is very hard. A few years of stress in your future."

I think he's wrong - we will play finals next year. But ouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can sort of understand that umpires will be a little lenient on throws (as much as I don't like it) when a player at least makes an attempt to make it look like a fist is waved in the general vicinity of the ball, but that call in Q1 against Harry for a throw ought to earn the umpire concerned a week or two in the purgatory of the EDFL.

They ignore throws that would make an NRL player proud. They ignore the blatant open handed flicks and slaps of the likes of Bevo's western dogs but they pinged that as a throw.

It might have been borderline but there was a fist that made contact with the ball.

The state of umpiring is deplorable.

The family of 4 tiggers supporters sitting behind me, it was the grandfather with the dogs hit on boots.

I had a go at his son and 2 grand kids a few times as well, pack of campaigners.
We saved you two seats. Hojuman bought candy. The lady behind us wearing the tiger scarf cheered North home. Hoj was cheerleading with the Kanga Kanga Kanga call. Had the whole stand going for the last few minutes (maybe that was the chocolate kicking in).

We saved you two seats. Hojuman bought candy. The lady behind us wearing the tiger scarf cheered North home. Hoj was cheerleading with the Kanga Kanga Kanga call. Had the whole stand going for the last few minutes (maybe that was the chocolate kicking in).
All this talk of "chocolate" and "candy", I'm certain it was Colombian marching powder.

As said for the last 3 weeks, judge us on how we go vs the bottom 6 sides.

Since the bye- played 3, won 3. The improvement is clear and it is exciting. Lots to work on and we are a long way off beating the top 4-6 sides, however the gap is closing.

Win next week and that’s 4 wins post bye and that is a remarkable turn around seeing we were 0-12 losing by 40+ weekly.

The state of umpiring is deplorable.
It is, but a lot of it is what they're being instructed to do, it's very school teacher like as opposed to what it used to be like where decisions were made on intelligence experience and in the spirit of the game. When the umpiring fraternity starts to become dominated by tokenism, public relations, academics with no real understanding or experience, social media etc, this is what we endure.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back